+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Don't we know that for at least the jury members? Isn't that a psychologist who joins them in the car ride to Ponderosa village?
    I think WE knew that. But it sounds like the person who wrote the article didn't. They shouldn't let people who haven't watched the show write articles.

Brooks likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sure the person who wrote the article knew it. She was probably just explaining that tidbit of information to readers who didn't know it. Not everyone watches the Ponderosa clips online or the behind the scenes Survivor shows.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

There are many things Philip could have done or said to diffuse the situation long before it got to that point. Sincerely accepting the apology (even if he was lying through his teeth) would have been a good way, as would have reassuring Brandon that all was good. Instead, Philip used the talk to talk down to Brandon and drive the point home that Philip was in charge of Brandon's fate in the game, and that he wouldn't put up with any disrespect. That's like throwing gasoline on the fire when it comes to the Hantz family.

Philip's reaction to Francesca's apology at the beginning spoke volumes about how he would treat Brandon later. When he feels he has been wronged (and yes, the crazy=black man from his first season also showed this) there is no going back with him. He and Brandon were definitely oil/water out there. I do admire Philip's attempts to not engage Brandon at the challenge, though. He did seem to be biting his tongue for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    The sad thing is, Brandon really made some decent points about Philip and his arrogance in the tribe. And when he was telling Philip to just "shut up" - well, it's not as if I haven't been saying that to my tv pretty much every week when Philip starts on his stupid Stealth nonsense. It's just too bad that Brandon isn't stable enough to contain his anger and find a different way to get rid of his rival. I'm no Hantz-fan at all, but I do feel badly for Brandon and I honestly think he had some astute observations, just couldn't express them in a mature (sane) way.
    Well said. Not that I'm defending Brandon either, but I can relate to the idea of dealing with someone like Philip and how frustrating it can be.

I had a former boss who, like Philip, clearly suffered from narcissistic tendencies. It's worth noting that the psychological definition of narcissism doesn't necessary mean that the subject is enamored with their own physical appearance; it can also relate to ego and self-importance. This boss was the type who was never, ever wrong, and became enraged if anyone ever challenged him. Now, how he displayed that rage was very Philip-like: by coming across as calm, cool, collected, and even more assertively superior than before.

It's infuriating, especially when you're in a group setting and the other people around you refuse to call out the narcissist. Where Brandon derailed himself was by letting Philip get under his skin, and by taking so much of it personally. There are better ways of dealing with a person like this... allowing your emotions to spin out of control isn't it.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing Philip get his. He could have dealt with Brandon in a much, much better way... I think there was a huge swath of ego being exposed in how he kicked that bees' nest.

Oh, and I wholly agree with Brandon (and Sweetpea!) that the whole "Stealth-R-Us" thing is infantile and annoying. Again, more of Philip's bloated ego rearing its ugly head.

PS - That former boss finally got his when his ego became so huge that he went after someone above him in the organization... similarly, I'm anxious to see where the Corinne/Philip thing goes.
    sweetpea and GabbyG like this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I don't *think* Brandon is divorced, at least not at the time of the show taping because he was wearing his wedding ring. The more I think about it, the more I worry about that poor kid. Phillip was a jerk to say the least. I wonder what Boston Rob thinks of Phillip comparing himself to him. I bet he's laughing his ass off.

ETA: Apparently Brandon got a divorce after his first season. And he was still wearing his wedding ring? Odd, no?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't *think* Brandon is divorced, at least not at the time of the show taping because he was wearing his wedding ring. The more I think about it, the more I worry about that poor kid. Phillip was a jerk to say the least. I wonder what Boston Rob thinks of Phillip comparing himself to him. I bet he's laughing his ass off.

ETA: Apparently Brandon got a divorce after his first season. And he was still wearing his wedding ring? Odd, no?
    I thought I had read that.

As to his ring- He sees his children all the time, perhaps that's why. It doesn't matter to me if he wears it or not. I didnt notice. I wonder if this ever came up in conversation, and that's why Phillip gave him a jab about his kids.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah who knows as to why. I don't know anyone that wears their wedding ring post divorce though, kids or not. I think they would find that confusing more than comforting. I am sure he has his reasons, bizarre as they may be. His divorce happened over a year ago.

I hope Phillip is gone next that's for sure.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

If the teams are reshuffled next week it might be fun watching Phillip flounder trying to establish control again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Huh. Brandon is making some valid points, albeit a little insanely.
    I agree. Brandon is a bit of a loose cannon, but, his criticism of Phillip had valid points, imo.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I wonder what Boston Rob thinks of Phillip comparing himself to him. I bet he's laughing his ass off.
    I was thinking the same thing! When Brandon said "Boston Rob dragged your butt to the end," I could just picture Rob and Ambuh watching the show and going "Holy sh*t!" I wish someone would interview him. He always has a calm, rational outlook -- not to mention that devilish smile.
    sweetpea and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread