+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 3/6 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 3/6 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

We were all spoiled re our image of Marines on Survivor by Rudy back in the first season.

I'm sure Marines are nearly as varied as any other group of people despite the hype--some really live up to the image, some don't, some even get kicked out. I would guess that Shamar was a lot closer to the image at some point...maybe his PTSD has really brought him down and torn him up.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm sure Marines are nearly as varied as any other group of people despite the hype--some really live up to the image, some don't, some even get kicked out. I would guess that Shamar was a lot closer to the image at some point...maybe his PTSD has really brought him down and torn him up.
    I think you may just be right about that. I was talking to a friend today about PTSD and got some real insight into it.
    Apparently, it can have a huge effect on a person's personality....even though they say they are not affected...and may truly believe that.
    It just didn't make sense that the Shamar we saw was the same man who was deployed twice over there! His attitude would never be tolerated....not by the higher ranks or even his buddies.
    Alexxxx likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I'm not sure. I think she's played an incredibly smart game so far and kept a lot of varied personalities together. She's no slouch at the physical game either. If I were her I'd have been losing it all over the place at both Shamar and the stupid Reynold alliance, so I think she must be incredibly patient.

She had a point too about losing the challenges too. If Eddie and Reynold were as good as they think they are shouldn't they be winning the challenges?
    I totally disagree. Those 2 have kept them in the challenges and made them close. The rest of them are so bad that they were so far out of it without them I really thought Reynolds and Eddie were going to bring them back to victory on that last challenge. Without them they don't have a chance. Why vote out the ones who give you at least a bit of hope? It makes zero sense.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    holly71, Punkin, Lil Bit and 1 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789