+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 2/27 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 2/27 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh, almost forgot, regarding Shamar. The bonus of keeping this guy around is that he is always the target. That's great for anyone allied with him. He's kind of like Phillip was his season. Rob M. kept him around because people hated him and wanted him to go. The key is keeping some control over someone like that. Rob managed, can Shamar's allies? If they can, Shamar is good to have for a long time.

Edited to add. I forgot to mention... I love Sherri! Someone who can play well with others and not get emotionally involved by abrasive personalities is perfect Survivor material. She lets everything roll right off her back. Awesome. I think I would struggle personally with that aspect of the game, so I have a lot of respect for it.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 02-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I read in this forum, in a discussion about Shamar, that Jeff was surprised at his angry behavior, that all of his interviews showed him to be the opposite. We learned why tonight.

Shamar wants to be in his happy place in order to deal with his anger issues. With Reynold triggering his flashes and pushing his buttons, he lost his happy zone. That is why he wanted to quit - he needs his happy place. Sherri has her work cut out keeping him in check and it will be interesting to see who wins the battle and leaves first - Reynold or Shamar.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    Totally agree. If they get rid of shamar now they will lose every challenge. I think it is him that keeps them close.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Really? He seems to be performing half-assed on challenges. I don't even know why he was wearing the goggles. There are better divers than him. Also he wasn't doing much to help carry and pull the chest. I saw him standing around from the back at one point while the others were carrying the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Really? He seems to be performing half-assed on challenges. I don't even know why he was wearing the goggles. There are better divers than him. Also he wasn't doing much to help carry and pull the chest. I saw him standing around from the back at one point while the others were carrying the chest.
    But he could single handedly pull that piece of the ramp that was need to push the trunk along .Actually Brandon was pretty good at that as well
    Shamars team was not working as a team, and they were very disorganized.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think I read somewhere that you cannot 'steal' an idol once someone has found it. I wish I could remember where I saw it- it was years ago. I think they should nix that rule and have a new 'finders keepers' rule. That would make everyone think twice about opening their big mouths and telling their so-called 'friend' they have an idol and would also make it very interesting at night with people rummaging around trying to find where someone had hidden theirs.
    Except, isn't he the one that found it? She was just there. I would think technically that makes it his.
    Shoepie likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow, I don't care for Shamar...at all...but I am really trying to figure out whoever cast the show. A veteran with substance abuse issues and apparently, PTSD. I'm with SugarMama, it just doesn't seem like a responsible choice of the show. I feel a great deal of sympathy for him but the erratic behavior, outbursts and, frankly, lying (while accusing everyone else of lying)? I hate to say but look what happened to Chris Kyle while trying to help a PTSD veteran. :-( That said, it makes me think the whole thing is an act, no way would the producers allow such a risk.

I kind of enjoyed the 3-way. Tie, that is. ;-) Was hoping for something more dramatic than a revote.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Oh, almost forgot, regarding Shamar. The bonus of keeping this guy around is that he is always the target. That's great for anyone allied with him. He's kind of like Phillip was his season. Rob M. kept him around because people hated him and wanted him to go. The key is keeping some control over someone like that. Rob managed, can Shamar's allies? If they can, Shamar is good to have for a long time.

Edited to add. I forgot to mention... I love Sherri! Someone who can play well with others and not get emotionally involved by abrasive personalities is perfect Survivor material. She lets everything roll right off her back. Awesome. I think I would struggle personally with that aspect of the game, so I have a lot of respect for it.
    Good point about Shamar Spock. They have quite a few reasons to keep him around, and having a target other than themselves is one of the best. I am loving Sheri too. She is great at dealing with Shamar obviously, but I think she's also great at reading others and planning around their responses. She sure seemed to have the "popular kids" number so far.

FORT Fogey

We don't know if Shamar has PTSD. Being an ignorant brute with no communication skills is not a symptom. He just isn't very bright, "everyone is premature."

They will keep him for the vote, Sherri will see to that. She is doing a good job with him.
    Photobabe likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

He said he had PTSD didn't he? Perhaps in a PI when he was explaining about finding his happy place.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He said he had PTSD didn't he? Perhaps in a PI when he was explaining about finding his happy place.

Yes, he did .He also said that lead him to abuse alcohol.
    I love his face when he smiles, he doesn't smile very much, but when he does, he looks like a different person
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread