+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I was underwhelmed by this premier. They spent so much time showing the "favorites" that I have little to no idea about the fans. The "not the prettiest girl" statement stood out to me too. That guy showed his colors right there.
    The favorites had tribal council and known faces so it was really a double-whammy against learning more about the fans. It's always that way after the immunity challenge: they spend the remainder of the episode on the losing tribe. So I'm not particularly upset about the focus on the favorites. We did learn about some of the stronger fan personalities and we'll get to see more of them before their first tribal.
    mesachick and JohnnyK like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    yikes. looks like a bad cast. Was pretty funny seeing Francesca getting voted out first AGAIN. well deserved. Shouldnt she have learned that you never try to make a move the very first vote? You stay quiet and see what unfolds. Nobody trusts anybody. There's no way in hell that Phillip wasnt going to hear his name was called. Terribly played. If she was quiet, some random was probably gone like Erik.

Talk about learning nothing from the first time. How many people get a chance at this show once, let alone twice? .... as Thulsadoom once said: "Such a waste".
    I agree! And not only did Francesca call out one person, Phillip, which was just dangerous since who knows his alliance, but TWO, Corrine as well. Why not just call out a few more and have the whole tribe against you? It was just one of the stupidest things you can ever do.
    On the flip side, I do think there are good members of this cast. Three in particular from the "played befores" stood out as playing well: Malcolm, Dawn and Cochran. They all laid low and let the others stand out. Dawn and Cochran were smart to make an alliance early. Cochran is playing beautifully... everyone likes him and he did well at the challenge. Malcolm did exactly what he needs to do.
    I'll give credit to Andrea for escaping that vote, but Francesca just made it too clear who needed to go.

As for the fans, aw man, I wish I was cool and could sit at the cool table with the (self-professed) good looking people. They're so cool and everyone wishes they were them.
    WTH? What rock did those four crawl out from under? I could think of nothing I would want less than to be in an alliance with those four morons. Do they really think their minority will magically dominate the majority of un-cool people? Weirdos. Wow.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    As for the fans, aw man, I wish I was cool and could sit at the cool table with the (self-professed) good looking people. They're so cool and everyone wishes they were them.
    WTH? What rock did those four crawl out from under? I could think of nothing I would want less than to be in an alliance with those four morons. Do they really think their minority will magically dominate the majority of un-cool people? Weirdos. Wow.
    Yeah, they are truly the products of their own egos. How deluded and ego-driven does one have to be to convince themselves that as a minority they are running the game? Now, I will be really ticked if the others allow this to happen. I don't think they will as there seemed to be some pretty strong, aware, personalities in play.

FORT Fan

Did the girls also make "we are the cool kids" comments? I only remember it coming from Eddie and Reynold. I don't even remember what the blonds looked like.

The girls were in the water when they were talking about the cool kids club. They made mention about how it was high school all over again iirc. Hopefully these four will be gone soon.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Yeah, they are truly the products of their own egos. How deluded and ego-driven does one have to be to convince themselves that as a minority they are running the game? Now, I will be really ticked if the others allow this to happen. I don't think they will as there seemed to be some pretty strong, aware, personalities in play.
    I was scolding my tv, telling them that 4 is not a majority when they are a tribe of 10. I'd like to see them gone, but Michael seemed to be willing to see which way the wind was going to blow and Matt seemed to be with him, so those two would be the swing votes between the gangs of four.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I immediately dubbed then the Kool Kids of Kindergarden since they seemed unaware that 4 is less than 6. I don't think they will last as a group because the others are already talking about breaking up the couple.
    kev89, Midol and JohnnyK like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The "not the prettiest girl" statement followed by hooking up with her, SO reminded me of that song Never Make a Pretty Woman Your Wife (if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, ... get an ugly girl to marry you)--with the subtext of she'll be thrilled and grateful to be making out with you and do whatever you want to keep you. Yeesh... As was said above, wonder how she feels watching that episode...

Re the crabs...they do have two claws but one is much smaller. They are called fiddler crabs because when they eat it looks like the smaller one is "playing" the bigger one. Wikipedia has a lot of fun stuff on them, including that for some species if they lose the big claw in a fight, etc., the small one gets bigger and the old arm grows a new small claw. Animal behavior geek here. Hmm, maybe why I like this show so much?
    ilja and JohnnyK like this.

Man, poor Francesca...well, at least she's accomplished a first. I was kind of surprised by how aggresive Philip was playing, I almost think he was playing too aggresive and was in danger of being voted out first. Cochran's still as funny and likeable as I remember. I actually thought Brandon had changed at first, but he still seems to have an issue with hot women, with his targeting of Andrea, and it looks like he'll be channeling his inner Russell next week And it figures that Brandon and Erik, the two idiots who gave up immunity, formed an alliance

As for the fans, well I still like my preshow favorite, Michael, and I'm liking his ally Matt as well. It's a bit of a letdown that Hope, whom I'm kind of obligated to like since I know a relative of hers lol, is in that "cool table" alliance. I'm not so sure what to make of Shamar, he has some attitude issues, but if he can put his attitude into check, which he seemed to do when he finally helped with the fire, then maybe he can do well

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I wonder who he'll become infatuated with, accuse of being a sexual manipulator for no reason, and try to vote off because of his own delusions this time.
    I guess the answer is Andrea.

+ Reply to Thread