+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It was cute, sort of looked a little like Cochran , same sort of sleepy eyes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Since none of the returning players are favorites of mine - excluding Malcolm and Dawn - I think I'll rename the show New People vs. Former People.

I'm trying to watch it now, but I think I'm a burnt out on Survivor. For me this season follows too fast on the heels of the last. But, I will watch, just not with the same enthusiasm.

Yes...Philip and his droopy pink undies...why oh, why, ohio?
    GabbyG, Duckyface and wannasee like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My heart breaks for Franchesca. She is the only returning player who didn't even really play survivor... and they get rid of her already because she's too strategic? Seriously? This is some mighty bad logic. They don't know anything about her because she never really got a chance, unlike the rest of Phillip's army who had their thoughts broadcast for weeks on TV. If it's a personal vendetta or you can't trust her, just say that. But don't say she's "too strategic" becuase it's just BS... every single ONE of them was out there strategizing.

My favorites is Cochran at the moment (didn't see his original season, so I have no former knowledge of him). I also like Erik and from the fans, the biker guy.

I really do not like Philip again, as well as that Iraq veteran. Stirring the pot on day 1, seriously? If you are so concerend about the damn fire, go off and make it yourself, not wait till everybody else tries and then swoop in at the last moment and save the day. He has agendas on his mind. Likewise for Philip.
    Last edited by Endit; 02-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I particularly couldn't believe the Marine resting ON the structure they were building, doing nothing, and whining about the fire!

Impressions:

Shamar - the Marine who served in Iraq - sitting on his butt while others are building a shelter - Big Red Flag - his behavior really didn't sit well with me - I don't care if he helped start the fire, do 10 people really need to be all doing the same thing.

The Cool Kids Club - thank you dumb dumbs for painting targets all over yourselves. Yeah, you all may be cute but you are also too stupid to live.

Very surprised that the Fans did not dominant the challenge but that might add some interesting spice to the game.

Philip - did you really have to wear the "pink panties" again?
    Photobabe and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    BTW, I also have to say I actually enjoyed the wildlife vignettes during the show too. The marsupial that eventually ended up eating the grasshopper was cute-creepy, and the bit with the crabs waving at each other was just plain weirdly amusing.
    Luv'ed that part reminded me of Phillip, mesmerizing and weird.

Ha...I loved those crabs, especially because they looked like they only had one, big claw? Very freaky, as was some of the other wildlife.

For everyone who commented on previous seasons about misogynistic behavior, I offer up...Reynolds. And possibly Eddie. Wow. Very neat, to be in the cool kids club, except maybe when there's more not so cool kids. And yeah, I'm with whoever didn't like the "not the cutest girl" comment...maybe he meant something more by it but it sure sounded bad, specially when he was okay groping her all night.

I feel sorry for Francesca, but she should have kept more low key for a bit. Was all set to like lil Hanz but then they foreshadow evil shenanigans. Humph. Biding my time to see who I'm feeling.

Oh...and also wish they wouldn't blur out quite so much. If we can see close-ups of Phil's underpants frontage, why not Malcolm's rear?

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Ha...I loved those crabs, especially because they looked like they only had one, big claw? Very freaky, as was some of the other wildlife.

For everyone who commented on previous seasons about misogynistic behavior, I offer up...Reynolds. And possibly Eddie. Wow. Very neat, to be in the cool kids club, except maybe when there's more not so cool kids. And yeah, I'm with whoever didn't like the "not the cutest girl" comment...maybe he meant something more by it but it sure sounded bad, specially when he was okay groping her all night.

I feel sorry for Francesca, but she should have kept more low key for a bit. Was all set to like lil Hanz but then they foreshadow evil shenanigans. Humph. Biding my time to see who I'm feeling.

Oh...and also wish they wouldn't blur out quite so much. If we can see close-ups of Phil's underpants frontage, why not Malcolm's rear?
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post

I just got to watch last night and I have watched every season, so of course will be watching this one. I enjoyed Malcolm so much last season and still sad he didn't win. I wished they had shown more of him last night and it did seem like he was low key last night as far as socializing with the others.

Just wanted to say that I watch the soap the Bold & The Beautiful and he made his debut on Wednesday's show. Just a brief part as one of the employees so not sure if he will be appearing again in the future. Don't know what it is about this guy that made such an impression on me the past season, but I hope he does well this one.

Regarding your last comment about not showing more of Malcolm's rear since we got to see Phil's underpants frontage - I agree as well.

I was underwhelmed by this premier. They spent so much time showing the "favorites" that I have little to no idea about the fans. The "not the prettiest girl" statement stood out to me too. That guy showed his colors right there.
    The preview showed the Hantz guy saying he was going to go all Russell Hantz on them. He just doesn't get it. Russell would never make an announcement like that to his competition. Only to the camera in PI's. Russell controlled by letting people trust him to their faces. It wasn't until he played against people who had seen the "off the record" Russell that it blew up in his face.

I don't care for either team. I find them both/all irritating.
    I'll give it another week to see if it catches. If not, I won't waste my time.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread