+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Sherri - Caramoan (Fan)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Sherri - Caramoan (Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    What's weird is I do not remember her interacting or doing anything before the merge and now all she does is make smug faces at TC.

She is sort of a non-entity. How she did become allied with the faves?
    As soon as they did the switch she told her new teammates about her relationships--or lack of-- with the original fab 4, so the favs saw her as not likely to be allied with Reynolds and Eddie. Also she is not doing well physcially now, so clearly less of a threat than the 2 fan guys. Somehow they forget she used to do pretty well physically before the merge.

thanks ... and I don't even remember her in the early challenges. It's that sometimers disease, I guess!
    ilja likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To be fair most of the comments in her thread were about her similarity (looks) to Sandra Bullock and whether or not she was using eye liner and waterproof mascara! But in the opening weeks she was a really strong swimmer and a real contributer in physical challenges...plus she controlled the majority of her tribe and even kept Shamar in line and on board until he scratched his cornea.

Thanks for filling in some blanks for me PWS. I remember the Sandra Bullock & eyeliner remarks ... but she just made no impression on me. I must have closed my eyes to avoid looking at Phillips pinkies.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    To be fair most of the comments in her thread were about her similarity (looks) to Sandra Bullock and whether or not she was using eye liner and waterproof mascara! But in the opening weeks she was a really strong swimmer and a real contributer in physical challenges...plus she controlled the majority of her tribe and even kept Shamar in line and on board until he scratched his cornea.
    Thats true. Lets hope her endurance picks up, she was lousy, and I dont think that was planned
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I just wanted to say that, yes it appears that she's rather wealthy, but I don't think that it should be counted against her if she's participating for the experience instead of the money. Isn't Cochran in it for the experience mostly?

This show wouldn't be the same if all we had were contestants that were destitute and whose only motivation was a paycheck. The amplitutde of motivations is part of what makes the show fun!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Hmm, she is well off.That never bothered me before( in other seasons) they still dont eat, and have to live like off rice etc. Perhaps she isn't as hungry for a win as the others. I never liked her- so it doesn't matter is she is worth millions or a hundred dollars.
    holly71 and nanaslbkp like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where her wealth could hurt her is it might cost her votes. I don't think the money is the motivation, but she's an accomplished business woman and sees parallels to the game and what she deals with in real life (the personalities she has to manage). I think her motivation is her resume and for her it's as much motivation as anyone else.
    Last edited by Brooks; 04-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.

I dont like her, I think she is smug looking. Oh well, I think it would blow if she won.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Where her wealth could hurt her is it might cost her votes. I don't think the money is the motivation, but she's an accomplished business woman and sees parallels to the game and what she deals with in real life (the personalities she has to manage). I think her motivation is her resume and for her it's as much motivation as anyone else.
    Agreed, and I think that is exactly why Penner made the speech he did about Lisa last season. I agree that money shouldn't be the only factor to consider. But if I'm sitting on the jury and I have a hard time deciding between two people who I think played equally well (in other words all else being equal) if I know one has money and one doesn't, that might be enough for me to cast my vote for the person who doesn't have money. But for me it would have to be all else being equal. If someone is far and away the most deserving, I'm voting for them for the million regardless of what their bank account looks like.
    jucamer and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread