+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shamar - Caramoan (Fan)

Re: Shamar - Caramoan (Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Tossing him into a situation where he's exposed to the elements, starving and cannot trust his tribemates (Marines are passionate about trusting each other) and you are just asking for trouble.
    That, and he's cray-cray.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I don't think Shamar is crazy. But, he was right about a few things. The dude weighs 300 pounds. Just to function, he would probably need at LEAST 2,000 calories a day - and I know he wasn't getting it. We've had other contestants that couldn't handle the starvation portion of the game and their bodies shut down. And, he was right that he injured his eye. I had a minor injury of the same type and I can tell you that it's extremely painful.

I think it's a good thing that Shamar is gone as this truly wasn't his game to play. But, I think there was a lot more going on with him than we saw.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

It's also come out that Shamar had an additional injury - a piece of bamboo in his finger that had gotten infected and required emergency surgery. He was in the hospital for 6 days. I remember seeing a bandage on one of his fingers during the last episode.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I don't think Shamar is crazy. But, he was right about a few things. The dude weighs 300 pounds. Just to function, he would probably need at LEAST 2,000 calories a day - and I know he wasn't getting it. We've had other contestants that couldn't handle the starvation portion of the game and their bodies shut down. And, he was right that he injured his eye. I had a minor injury of the same type and I can tell you that it's extremely painful.

I think it's a good thing that Shamar is gone as this truly wasn't his game to play. But, I think there was a lot more going on with him than we saw.
    I agree, way way more than we saw .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have been reading some of his interviews on other sites and the one comment I really luv is his saying that he never started a fight with anyone that they other folks came to him, followed him around and started it. Interesting how all the previous contestants say it was him and he has a different point of view about it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I had not one but two corneal ulcers (what Shamar had) one in each eye from faulty contacts and I can tell you that even with some pain meds it was the very worst pain I ever had. Every eye movement was excruciating. I'm not trying to defend Shamar but I did cringe every time they talked about the "nick" in his eye.
    I cringe whenever eye problems resulting from contacts is mentioned and my injuries were more than a few years ago.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was shocked Shamar's tribe didn't vote him off when they had the chance. Aside from Sherri, everyone was complaining how miserable he made camp-life, how lazy he was, how they wanted him G-O-N-E but when they had the chance they did not vote him off. The vote that went to a three way tie? That was cray-cray because I was so thrilled when the Favorites won the IC positioning the Fans for TC... I thought fo-sho they'd vote off Shamar. But no... it doesn't happen.

Anyone who bullies people... annoys me.
    Anyone who in a very angry manner tells people to flat out "shut up"... annoys me.
    Anyone who in a disagreement with another person very belligerently repeatedly keeps repeating their own statement... annoys me.

Shamar exhibited all three of these "qualities" so while I'm sorry about his eye and his injuries, I couldn't stand him and was glad when he was gone.
    holly71 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm sure even his allies wanted to vote him out, but they needed his vote so they put up with all the annoying qualities you mentioned. You don't vote out an ally when your alliance is barely bigger than that of the opposition.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm sure even his allies wanted to vote him out, but they needed his vote so they put up with all the annoying qualities you mentioned. You don't vote out an ally when your alliance is barely bigger than that of the opposition.
    There's definitely an argument for that position, PWS. There's also an argument for a loathsome person being like an infection that spreads and contaminates everything around them. It infects the whole tribe, brings down morale and scatters attention - hey, who can focus on staying positive or channeling energy correctly or appropriately strategizing etc when all you're doing is listening to angst, negativity, bullying, complaining... and thinking about how you'd like to off the person, hide the corpse and get away with it

There are different strategies on Survivor. I have no desire to be on the show or even participate in a "fantasy league" but I love watching each season as it unfolds.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, different strategies at different times. The one I cited is clearly Sherri's strategy and that of her alliance, but, boy, she was having trouble holding them to it, for all the reasons you mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123