+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Phillip - Caramoan (Favorite)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Phillip - Caramoan (Favorite)

I guess it's easier to say, "NO!" than to acknowledge your weakness and say, "I CAN'T!"

I don't think he's accepted that human foibles are in him and everybody else. It's kind of pitiful, really.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

When you get right down to it, doesn't it seem that once again people who say they are such great "fans" of the show are demonstrating how little they really know about it? I agree wtih whoever above said that Phillip is in his own alternate reality where his ideas about challenges etc are the "right" ones and no one else's ideas/strategies etc. count for anything.

The question is why everyone else on his tribe goes on pretending that he is "right" about anything. He's not that good at challenges, his stated strategies make no sense and he pays no attention to anyone's ideas but his own.

I would think they'd want to get rid of such an annoying dead weight. IMO of course.
    holly71 and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There have been hints that the favs agreed before they split to take out the fans before any favs, so that when they reunite it will be a vast majority of favs. Any fav who goes against this would be target #1 post merge. Cochran said something like this to the fav woman who wanted to vote out Phillip, whose name I'm blanking on now---Corinne.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    There have been hints that the favs agreed before they split to take out the fans before any favs, so that when they reunite it will be a vast majority of favs.
    Which is why I'm thrilled that Malcolm and Erik are off on a different foursome. I'm looking forward to the merge. Andrea will probably suck up to Philip, so Sherri is the likely swing vote.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    There have been hints that the favs agreed before they split to take out the fans before any favs, so that when they reunite it will be a vast majority of favs. Any fav who goes against this would be target #1 post merge. Cochran said something like this to the fav woman who wanted to vote out Phillip, whose name I'm blanking on now---Corinne.
    PWS: thanks so much for this info. Now what they are doing/not doing makes more sense in the context of their tribe.

One less thing for me to puzzle over. Gracias!

If this has already been discussed, I apologize.
    I thought I heard Phillip say to another man on his team, during the immunity competition, that he didn't trust women.
    Did I hear that right or did he say he didn't trust......somebody else?
    Of maybe it was a bad dream.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    PWS: thanks so much for this info. Now what they are doing/not doing makes more sense in the context of their tribe.

One less thing for me to puzzle over. Gracias!
    Glad I could help! Clearly though, as Brooks points out, not all the favs are really on board with that plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    When you get right down to it, doesn't it seem that once again people who say they are such great "fans" of the show are demonstrating how little they really know about it? I agree wtih whoever above said that Phillip is in his own alternate reality where his ideas about challenges etc are the "right" ones and no one else's ideas/strategies etc. count for anything.

The question is why everyone else on his tribe goes on pretending that he is "right" about anything. He's not that good at challenges, his stated strategies make no sense and he pays no attention to anyone's ideas but his own.
    I would think they'd want to get rid of such an annoying dead weight. IMO of course.
    I used to work for someone like Phillip (yes, feel free to weep for me, although I was finally able to find a better job & get away from that loser) & he & Phillip are the same as in they both think they're smarter than everyone else, they are both massively paranoid, both like to belittle others, both have delusions of grandeur, & both of them have the philosophy of "if it's not my idea, then it's a bad idea."
    The only difference for me is that when I had to work with that as a boss, I wanted to scream on a daily basis. But watching Phillip make a complete & utter fool of himself on a weekly basis makes me laugh at his stupid ass, mostly because I can totally envision my ex-boss out there, acting exactly like this moron.
    waywyrd and AZChristian like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I used to work for someone like Phillip (yes, feel free to weep for me, although I was finally able to find a better job & get away from that loser) & he & Phillip are the same as in they both think they're smarter than everyone else, they are both massively paranoid, both like to belittle others, both have delusions of grandeur, & both of them have the philosophy of "if it's not my idea, then it's a bad idea."
    The only difference for me is that when I had to work with that as a boss, I wanted to scream on a daily basis. But watching Phillip make a complete & utter fool of himself on a weekly basis makes me laugh at his stupid ass, mostly because I can totally envision my ex-boss out there, acting exactly like this moron.
    Your incident sounds like the perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Hmmmm, maybe I should go for that job after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Your incident sounds like the perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Hmmmm, maybe I should go for that job after all.
    Nailed it! That's the PERFECT description!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread