+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Julia - Caramoan (Fan)

Re: Julia - Caramoan (Fan)

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    The key is I said behind their backs. If he did it to their faces it would be different. You're really going to tell me that you think he's masculine? Your profile pic is more manly than Cochran.
    Well, I certainly do not think he's feminine. There is more than one way to be mascuine. As a woman, I'd much prefer spending time with Cochran that the handsome and "manly" Reynold.
    Brooks, RBmumsie, PWS and 2 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Okay, Please take all Cochran masculinity observations to his thread and allow Julia to have her own comments.

Remember that, while you may disagree with another poster, you may not make it personal.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Julia - Caramoan (Fan)

She was, admittedly, rather dull as a contestant. She reminded me of Darrah, the mortician from a few years back - like Darrah, I thought Julia would fly UTR to at least a jury seat.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

She may have received a boring edit, although based upon what Probst said afterwards, I think she was just shut down or having trouble expressing her personality. I can't remember any specific facial expressions - maybe she's one of those "deadpan face" people. I DO remember her being rather althetic in some challenges, but we really saw very little of Julia, so it isn't surprising that so many people weren't aware that she was even playing the game.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Julia Landauer Racing LLC

Check out Julia's website. Although it is not a Philip Sheppard quality education (holding up my sarcasm sign), Julia is a student at Stanford University where she is earning a BS in Science, Technology, & Society. She is also one of only a few Nascar drivers to pursue a college education and one of her goals is to make racing more environmentally friendly. Not quite as exciting as what Cochrane is doing with his life (sarcasm again), but not really vanilla either.
    OK, checked out the site above, and I'm impressed (not that I know what the racing honors mean, but she did a lot of them while still in high school, and while going to one of NYC's elite high schools for science and math). And ALSO, her favorite movie is Harold and Maude---one of my all time favorites also, and not one I'd expect a person her age to have even seen, much less appreciated. Too bad there was no opportunity for all this to show on the show.
    Rabid Dingo and maul52 like this.

I think the death knell for Julia was the tribal mix up. When she was partnered with Sherri, they seemed to strategize well together. The two boys she was left with seemed all too ready to throw her to the wolves to save themselves, and she hadn't made any inroads with the favorites other than Phillip, who is crazy. Dawn might have become another older lady alliance-mate for Julia, but as we saw she was also quick to run to Phillip to rat Julia out.

Television Julia and real life Julia are very different, I'm sure. I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a hoot if Cochran called her "vanilla" - she seems to be a bright and motivated young lady and I'm sure she's handling it just fine.
    Rabid Dingo and maul52 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a hoot if Cochran called her "vanilla" - she seems to be a bright and motivated young lady and I'm sure she's handling it just fine.
    According to the exit interview I read she was pretty pissed about it so I think she did care.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I would be too! Who wants to be called vanilla! Especially if you are the kind of female who spends most of her time in masculine worlds (science & math, race cars)---you aren't looking to be seen as sweet and bland! You'd think she might have connected well with Cochran, at least on an intellectual level.... Maybe they never talked.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, checked out the site above, and I'm impressed (not that I know what the racing honors mean, but she did a lot of them while still in high school, and while going to one of NYC's elite high schools for science and math). And ALSO, her favorite movie is Harold and Maude---one of my all time favorites also, and not one I'd expect a person her age to have even seen, much less appreciated. Too bad there was no opportunity for all this to show on the show.
    Did she go to Bronx High School of Science, pws? I was accepted there and at Hunter College H.S. , but chose Hunter because it was much closer. My husband, however, did go to Bronx Science, and so, apropos of nothing, did Bobby Darin.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did she go to Bronx High School of Science, pws? I was accepted there and at Hunter College H.S. , but chose Hunter because it was much closer. My husband, however, did go to Bronx Science, and so, apropos of nothing, did Bobby Darin.
    Stuyvesant, according to the website Maul52 linked to a few pages back...you only see that if you click on the "about" page and then run your cursor over the year's achievements at the bottom of the page...mostly they are racecar victories and then comes graduated from Stuyvesant with honors!

Bobby Darin at Bronx Science??? OK, significantly weird!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast