+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Because he's smaller and weaker, I think Cochran was forced to develop some pretty awesome social skills. Those skills are serving him well.
    Punkin, Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Because he's smaller and weaker, I think Cochran was forced to develop some pretty awesome social skills. Those skills are serving him well.
    They really are. He knows he's not a pretty boy. I will take him over Malcolm any day- oh yes I will
    RBmumsie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

In my younger days, I would watch good looking men walk up to a female pair and ask the prettier girl to dance. While they were off dancing I would watch average men engage the less pretty girl in conversation. The pretty pair would return from the dance and the less pretty girl would end up having all the men conversing with her, and pretty soon she had HER choice of dance partners. I guess the less attractive girl had something to say ... and more depth?

Everyone gets gifts ... and it all depends on how you use them. Cochran has grown and is thus far using his gifts/strengths well.
    Exactly how did Cochran end up being the go to guy and decision maker? Maybe the pretty boys should take a lesson from him.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

He's not strikingly good looking, but he's not repulsive by any means, and he has a working brain. My husband was a handsome man, but what got me really interested from the start was that he beat me in our first game of Scrabble, not an easy thing to do. We never lacked for conversation even though he was a NY baseball Giants fan and I was a Yankees fan.
    Punkin and TripleGemini like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    He may have a PhD in Survivor, but I want to see him play the guitar!
    Careful what you wish for. He'll end up being the next WGWG on American Idol
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The new commercial sets him up against the beefcake guys. I can't remember his whole PI, but he does manage to call them numbskulls.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The new commercial sets him up against the beefcake guys. I can't remember his whole PI, but he does manage to call them numbskulls.
    Oh I would love to see that.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

This season is so great because Cochran is there...TPTB should totally just have him out there every season to simply do commentary...its my favorite part of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Cochran is quickly becoming my favorite this season. His sense of humor is great. I enjoyed seeing how happy he was at his win. I also got a kick out of his self-awareness that doing that happy dance would normally be frowned on but he could get away with because of their perceptions of him. It appears he's having major say-so in the votes because despite rumors at camp otherwise they normally go the way he wants them to. I hope he wins.

Probably my favorite line of his this season (and there have been several) is how being there is like Wednesday night at eight all the time. He's enjoying it and allowing us to through his super-fan eyes. I like that he's been there before and still getting such enjoyment from just being there.
    Is it Wednesday night at 8 (7 central for me) yet? tribcouncilf.gif

I've watched that promo three times and I can't quite catch what he says before "numbskulls", which I assumed he meant in reference to the the macho guys. Anybody catch that remark? I really can't wait to see his next move.

+ Reply to Thread