+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They do supply it, one of a few things they really do supply. On Jeff's daytime show he went though what they had. Sunscreen was one, feminine products and I think that was it.Definitely no toilet paper - so they better find some really good leaves
    Many years ago they said condoms were supplied, which makes sense.
    I support the right to arm bears.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I remember one early year when they were shredding the "feminine products" to make firestarting tinder (the actresses said they were so hungry no one got their period--that was back when they REALLY lost weight!). I'm assuming that isn't allowed any more!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree, Cochran isn't "hot", but he's very appealing emotionally and intellectually--he's able to stay distanced from the hysteria of some of the others in a very calming way--and that can overcome a lot of lack of physical hotness--he's not physically repulsive, just sort of meh, and with his personality he can build on that. Phillip, if you can subtract his crazy personality, is actually quite good looking, but who would you rather spend time with?
    Nope, not seeing the Phillip thing. Those squinty eyes even on a nice personality would turn me off. As it goes, attractiveness is definitely subjective!
    mesachick likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think Phillip is somewhat hot. For his age he looks pretty good. Did you see those Facebook pictures of him where he was wearing glasses? Those eyes were piercingly beautiful. <333

For me, Phillips offensive personality overshadows any physical attractiveness that may be there. And I think the opposite is true with Cochran. I find his personality very attractive, which makes me overlook the fact that he isn't classically handsome.
    Punkin, Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Cochran is extremely intelligent and quick witted. He is the kind of guy most women would want as her friend.

He also presents as non-threatening, especially to the men. One reason why Malcolm feels confident in saying he's not going to let Cochran stay that long. If Malcolm's exit precedes Cochran's, and I think it will, that will be a fun facial expression too
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I agree. No one seems to see him as a threat, which is allowing him to stay off radars. The interesting thing to me, is that based on what we have seen the last few weeks - he seems to be more in charge than anyone really thinks. Someone in another thread compared him to Boston Rob, only insofar as he seems to be controlling Phillip and keeping him under control the way BR did before. I didn't think about it like that before, but once I read it, I agree - it does seem like he's doing that.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    For me, Phillips offensive personality overshadows any physical attractiveness that may be there. And I think the opposite is true with Cochran. I find his personality very attractive, which makes me overlook the fact that he isn't classically handsome.
    I think we all agree on that (well, except for the couple of people who are feeling sorry for him); it's a real mental exercise to try to imagine how attractive you'd find Phillip with the sound off! From a purely physical point of view...he looks good--and as JohnnyK says, when he isn't squinting his eyes are actually quite beautiful. But, sadly for Phillip, the sound is on, or the captioning, and all the good will he might get from the "pretty people are good" thing we all have built into us, dissipates.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

OMG - how great was Cochran winning the immunity challenge? And, his little happy dance afterwards? I was laughing.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Cochran is quickly becoming my favorite this season. His sense of humor is great. I enjoyed seeing how happy he was at his win. I also got a kick out of his self-awareness that doing that happy dance would normally be frowned on but he could get away with because of their perceptions of him. It appears he's having major say-so in the votes because despite rumors at camp otherwise they normally go the way he wants them to. I hope he wins.

Probably my favorite line of his this season (and there have been several) is how being there is like Wednesday night at eight all the time. He's enjoying it and allowing us to through his super-fan eyes. I like that he's been there before and still getting such enjoyment from just being there.
    Punkin, Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread