+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

I hope this comedy moves beyond the throw away stage. At least it isn't on NBC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Midol one of the reasons may have been that these so called fans from this season had never seen a show before. I just happened to watch After Buzz just today, and the panel that covers the Survivor show were discussing that. They were amazed at whoever does the casting for the show these days because they interviewed the whole cast and said that not one of the fans had ever seen even one show.

Jerry (forget her last name), but the one who got up and walked off the stage the night of the finale of the season she was on, was one of them who did the interviews, and she couldn't believe that these days they would put someone on the show as a fan and there is no requirement to watch the show. She went on to say that Eddie had no idea in the world who she was, and she never bothered to tell him that she herself had played the game. The show was quite interesting and they discussed the finale in detail, and talked about how unfair they thought it was for the whole cast not being on the stage. Many of the other things we have discussed here as well, like the clue advantage which didn't start until the last two seasons, etc. Also, not mentioning Erik or even saying one word to him by Jeff. She and the others agreed that would never happen in the old days. Jeff would at least say something to each person who was on the cast.

One other interesting thing she said was that in other seasons people get dehydrated and they immediately give them an IV with fluids and they are fine in a couple of hours. She mentioned who she was talking about, but I can't remember the person as I am typing this. She said she could not believe they didn't give Erik a chance at that point to remain in the game. They weren't saying it would have changed anything, but just how different things are now. Apparently, Erik had passed out at TC, but they moved him to the location where he was shown to us on TV. One of the other guys from the show also interviewed people and both agreed that Sherri was so different than she came across on the show. Apparently, at the After Party she was extremely outgoing, extremely funny and also they thought she was brilliant. They all agreed that they had no idea why she didn't come across that way at the final TC.

Back to your original statement of people not suspecting Dawn and Cochran being together as far as the Fans were concerned they wouldn't have a clue that Dawn or Cochran had played together before. Of course the Favorites would know, but they were working together so wouldn't think anything if Dawn and Cochran were talking together. I guess they are amazed how different Survivor is these days from the old days - especially with their casting department. How can you advertise them as Fans when they haven't watched an episode? It sounds like they are looking for other criteria, and whatever that is I know I don't have a clue. Anyway, it was interesting.

It will be interesting to hear Cochran's take on Big Brother. I guess he has been a fan for awhile now. I am sure he will do a great job.
    Thanks for the info. Nothing about any of these reality shows really surprises me anymore, however, advertising people as fans when they have never even seen the show, is just plain wrong. No wonder I thought some of them were stupid beyond belief. There were a few who clearly have watched the show and knew how it worked...Sherrie and Julia were two who come to mind, but I'm not surprised. I have read that often they will see people on the street or in clubs and based on how good they look will attempt to cast them. So looks are their criteria...not whether someone is actually interested in or wants to be on the show. That is why we have so many boring seasons, because they cast because of looks and gimmicks and not because someone is interested in being on the show, their strategy or game play. I wish they would go back to casting those people who are interested enough to apply and send in a video. No going to bars and clubs.

As to the other highlighted bit, Eric explained it in his EW interview. His leg had been infected and had been getting worse for a while. They had already discussed pulling him but gave it more time to see where things went. Getting an IV would not have done anything for him and he was already prepared to go. It is unfortunate, because I think he played well and was the one person I thought Cochran might have a hard time up against if they made it to the end. He never backstabbed anyone, won challenges and had a good social game. He was also more articulate then he was shown on the show considering he hardly got any screen time. I still think Cochran would have won because he could argue all the same points but add that he outstrategized Eric and I think he would just be more articulate and persuasive...but it might have been a closer game. Too bad.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I just watched a preview ... and I can't get past Margo Martindale as a KGB handler on "The Americans" ... and now as a sort of crude Mother to Will Arnett.

I hope John's writing will improve it some.
    IMO, Margo Martindale is one of the best, most-underrated actors around. I'm a huge fan of every role I've ever seen her in. She has a way of taking a 2D character and breathing real life into it.

I'm not a fan of Will Arnett at all but because of MM I will give the show a try (though I don't for one second believe she can turn to gold a true stinker of a show).
    TripleGemini likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

So I'm clear ... I didn't mean I didn't like MM on the Americans. She was very believable but I think she is being "reassigned" by the KGB .. ... which means, I guess she is leaving the show.

I have to stop because this is a thread about Cochran and now it's off some.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

If the pilot takes off, I would presume that yes Claudia is being reassigned back to Russia.

I'm interested to see how well Cochrane does as a writer. Yes, he's witty and self deprecating and likeable but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good comedic writer.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Especially with a laugh-track half hour sit-com. Timing is everything with those.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

tribcouncilf.gifI'm still psyched that Cochran won! survivorsmiles2.gif
    Shoepie and sparklete like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have to say from the commercials I"d never have given Cochran's sit com a try...maybe once just for him... That's not to say it won't be a success...

I didn't get to watch, but hear from several co-workers that the show was hilarious last night. Have to catch it "On Demand"! Congrats Cochran!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just read a review that panned it, and mostly blaming the writing since the actors are all better than competent.

+ Reply to Thread