+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Do you have to decide what your law specialty will be before taking any bar exam?
    No, not at all. You might not even know that before joining a law firm, and the particular firm might not have an associate opening in your area of choice.

You can also change your area of specialization at any time during your career.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I want this kid to win it all. Favorite and the big money. He is the sexiest man on any reality show I have yet to see. Yes, I mean that. The mind is what turns me on. He is such the dealio. I apologize for using that word; I am at a loss for any other.
    COCHRAN WINS!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Cochran is now, definitely one of the best winners of all time. Top 3, even, I'd say.

Sure, JT played a "perfect game" as well but imo he's nowhere up there with Cochran.
    holly71, Florimel, kev89 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Cochran is now, definitely one of the best winners of all time. Top 3, even, I'd say.

Sure, JT played a "perfect game" as well but imo he's nowhere up there with Cochran.
    I agree 100%
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree! The thing about JT is that his legacy was kind of ruined by his dumb move in Heroes vs Villains.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

JT is like the reverse Cochran. JT went from perfect game to dumb move, while Cochran went from not-so-smart move to perfect game. So, yeah.
    Midol likes this.

JT is like the reverse Cochran. JT went from perfect game to dumb move, while Cochran went from not-so-smart move to perfect game. So, yeah.
    And if he wants to remain so well respected, I hope he means it when he says he's done.

I'm sitting here thinking about the difference of how I felt when Cochran won and how I feel just now with Candice's win. While I was rooting for Kree, I was not a passionate fan of AI so I'm not that disappointed. It's more that I don't really care that much which is very unlike how I felt this past Sunday for Survivor.

My how times have changed. I never thought I would be saying that. I probably won't be saying it next season with Colton.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

Cochran is a natural storyteller - but with a sense of right and wrong and a willingness to fight for it.

I posted earlier that Cochran reminds me of my son. My son studied music composition and philosophy in college (English and film were in contention for awhile). Sidenote: he graduates this weekend. "Yeah!" on so many levels!

He is a natural story teller too. It plays out in his songwriting and other areas I won't get into. And, he also has a strong sense of right and wrong and the need to fight for it. Thus philosophy.

I see both in some sort of creative profession - one which allows them the ability to create and espouse their own ideas but to consider/evaluate for correctness those of others.

I think a career in the arts would suit both very well. They can be expressive but also aggressive at the same time

Personally, I think Cochran's stab at writing for Big Brother is a fine fit for him. Give him a a chance. The speed, savvy, and cut-throat spirit of Hollywood may challenge and entice him. If he makes the grade, he'll play the game before he knows he's playing it. Either this or...he'll go back to school and become a professor!

One or the other, but these are the two career choices I see making the most sense for Cochran (and my son).

........Cochran's "gift for gab" needs to translate on paper. I hope he does well. I will read his posts and hope to be thoroughly entertained and/or intellectually challenged on either a game-play or psychological level.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-16-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Dawn is an English professor so is pretty intelligent and articulate herself. I can see why they might be drawn to one another besides the fact that they played together previously. I still can't believe that nobody figured out they were working together. Just the fact that they had played together would have made me suspicious.
    Midol one of the reasons may have been that these so called fans from this season had never seen a show before. I just happened to watch After Buzz just today, and the panel that covers the Survivor show were discussing that. They were amazed at whoever does the casting for the show these days because they interviewed the whole cast and said that not one of the fans had ever seen even one show.

Jerry (forget her last name), but the one who got up and walked off the stage the night of the finale of the season she was on, was one of them who did the interviews, and she couldn't believe that these days they would put someone on the show as a fan and there is no requirement to watch the show. She went on to say that Eddie had no idea in the world who she was, and she never bothered to tell him that she herself had played the game. The show was quite interesting and they discussed the finale in detail, and talked about how unfair they thought it was for the whole cast not being on the stage. Many of the other things we have discussed here as well, like the clue advantage which didn't start until the last two seasons, etc. Also, not mentioning Erik or even saying one word to him by Jeff. She and the others agreed that would never happen in the old days. Jeff would at least say something to each person who was on the cast.

One other interesting thing she said was that in other seasons people get dehydrated and they immediately give them an IV with fluids and they are fine in a couple of hours. She mentioned who she was talking about, but I can't remember the person as I am typing this. She said she could not believe they didn't give Erik a chance at that point to remain in the game. They weren't saying it would have changed anything, but just how different things are now. Apparently, Erik had passed out at TC, but they moved him to the location where he was shown to us on TV. One of the other guys from the show also interviewed people and both agreed that Sherri was so different than she came across on the show. Apparently, at the After Party she was extremely outgoing, extremely funny and also they thought she was brilliant. They all agreed that they had no idea why she didn't come across that way at the final TC.

Back to your original statement of people not suspecting Dawn and Cochran being together as far as the Fans were concerned they wouldn't have a clue that Dawn or Cochran had played together before. Of course the Favorites would know, but they were working together so wouldn't think anything if Dawn and Cochran were talking together. I guess they are amazed how different Survivor is these days from the old days - especially with their casting department. How can you advertise them as Fans when they haven't watched an episode? It sounds like they are looking for other criteria, and whatever that is I know I don't have a clue. Anyway, it was interesting.

It will be interesting to hear Cochran's take on Big Brother. I guess he has been a fan for awhile now. I am sure he will do a great job.

+ Reply to Thread