+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I just read a pretty revealing interview of Cochran where he announced he's going to be the Big Brother recapper for Entertainment Weekly‘s website EW.com. He also mentioned his distaste of the Brenda demanding Dawn remove her teeth tantrum (that's my word).

John Cochran explains how he won 'Survivor: Caramoan', weighs in on Toothgate, and announces his brand new job...for EW!

link
    Thanks. That is a really good interview and I am excited for his new job. I love BB and was looking forward to it starting, but, now I'm looking forward to it even more now that I know he will be covering it. He reminds me of Dan...my favourite BB player. I read Stephen Fishbach's Survivor recaps in People and I hope Cochran can write as well. In the latest article they have pictures of the two of them side by side and they could be brothers and have a similar thoughtful wit.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I love his new job is to do with BB . Now I know why I saw some tweets from Dan.

Thanks for the link ilja
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Again ... so all of what Cochran says is dry wit and not mean. These are just his personality traits.

Dawn, on the other hand can't get a break. She cries too much, she doesn't "own" her game play ... puh-leeze!

Others might be just as witty and fun ... but we see Cochran's narrations throughout.
    Much of this is edited after they know how far most of them go ... and they also have a darn good idea of who is going to win.

The word "shyster" comes to mind, but it might be just slightly too extreme to describe Cochran.
    Well, I am one of those who said, and still says, Dawn cried too much. I really liked Dawn in her original season, but I could hardly tolerate her this season. I don't think she is awful, I just didn't find her entertaining in the least.

Cochran was far from perfect, but, for the most part, I didn't find him to be mean. He was very game focused and he did have some confessionals that had "moments" that were a bit cutting, but he was entertaining. Dawn lacked the entertainment factor for me and definitely had the annoyance factor. I also gather that they didn't have to stretch the footage they had of her histrionics based on all that the other survivor contestants had to say.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Why is he recapping BB and not Survivor?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He mentioned something about being a big fan especially since last season and I assume it's because it is about to start where it will be quite a while before we see Survivor again. Though I won't be surprised if he gets the same offer for Survivor especially if he does a good job for BB.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

BB is about to start, he will likely do Survivor if this works out
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, I can see them offering him the Survivor gig in the fall, as he is such a student of the game.

He definitely was the most deserving winner of the F3. I'm glad he got to live the dream so completely.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Yes, I can see them offering him the Survivor gig in the fall, as he is such a student of the game.

He definitely was the most deserving winner of the F3. I'm glad he got to live the dream so completely.
    I lived it vicariously through him.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Dalton Ross who interviewed Cochran for the article is the regular recapper for Survivor. He is excellent and one of the few who I read regularly. I don't think he is leaving that post, but, the one for BB seems to be up for grabs. Dalton has interviewed Cochran several times and is a fan of his. Cochran has admitted to being a fan of BB whick is the most similar reality show to Survivor...just substitute a house for the island and slop for the rice and beans. From his edit it is clear that Cochran is well liked by producers and I'm sure others he has met along the way of his Survivor journey. No doubt Cochran has been networking and looking for opportunities and this one would seem like a good fit. I was already looking forward to the new BB season, but now I'll be looking forward to it even more.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I am to, I hope we have more Cochran's, not necessarily exactly like him. I mean true fans that come to play the game
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread