+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Cochran - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226
    From the perspective of someone playing the game out there with him ... I don't quite "see" how Cochran is such a shoo in. I mean WE know WE like him ... but we are not voting and his tribe mates don't see what we see.
    Count me also as someone who wants to know... the only thing I can see is that he is well-liked. No one has really had a complaint about Cochran. When he wins immunity, everyone loves it. He seems to get along and is appreciated for his humour.

But game play? If Andrea ends up in the final three, or Eric, or Dawn, or Brenda, I don't see how Cochran trumps any of these people necessarily. Sheri is the only person I can see him beating hands down if they got in the final three, and only because she appears to be pretty useless at everything right now... she's not even liked.

Cochran should be a better self-advocate than any of the others. He will sell himself very well during final TC. It's his law school training, or penchant for being an attorney. Also his intricate understanding of Survivor strategy. It may not be a cakewalk depending on who he is up against, but he has an edge.
    Punkin, spockwhat and AZChristian like this.

Agreed. And while he is in the background, I do think the others have been a part of some of the discussions about strategy. How much, I don't know. But I also know they talk at Ponderosa and I have a feeling Phillip will have a h**l of a story to tell everyone. Whether it is favorable or not, I have no idea.

I do see Cochran getting to the end, unless something strange happens from here on out. He is not even on anyone's radar yet. Dawn's name has been mentioned, Andrea's name has been mentioned and Brenda's name has been mentioned I think. Erik, while he proved last night he is smart and thinking, I just remember one of the last votes, where no one even brought him in on the strategizing - they just pointed at the name for him to vote on. Sherri is an interesting one to me. She has a good story. But with the majority of the jury made up of favorites, could she sway them away from someone they like? That's why I think it really comes down to who is in the finals with Cochran. And yes, I'm going to say I think he will make to the finals. WHICH, if it is anything like my other predictions, will be the kiss of death for him!!
    ilja likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katesmom
    That's why I think it really comes down to who is in the finals with Cochran. And yes, I'm going to say I think he will make to the finals. WHICH, if it is anything like my other predictions, will be the kiss of death for him!!
    Well, shush then, I want Cochran to make it to the finals. I think it would be a joy to watch him in front of a jury.

Despite his poor game play on and off, I would kind of like Malcolm to make it too, I just think it would be fun. Beyond that, I'm just loving some of the players this season. Especially Brenda and Erik... and Dawn. I'll always love Dawn, even if she is flaky like a good pastry. But I think Erik and Brenda are playing so solid. Andrea, though I've loved her to this point, is kind of melting down. She's too obvious about her relationship with the boys.
    KatesMom likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I love Cochran!! A man after my own heart! I love to hear him speak...
    Punkin likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

When Sherri was running things on the other tribe at the beginning, I wanted her & Cochran to form an alliance - I thought they could really rock the game. Now that there IS a chance of that happening, I think it would be a very bad idea.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    When Sherri was running things on the other tribe at the beginning, I wanted her & Cochran to form an alliance - I thought they could really rock the game. Now that there IS a chance of that happening, I think it would be a very bad idea.
    Why? Not disagreeing--just didn't follow your logic...

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They showed the preview during NCIS last night. Cochran said ... "I won't be engaging in any masculine tomfoolery with these numbsklls"

We don't know precisely who he is talking about ... but it is preceded by Andrea "seducing" Eddie ... and then Reynold saying something about taking muscle to the end? Could these be the numbskulls?
    Yeah, listen up all of you that were sticking up for Cochran's masculinity earlier this season. Even he realizes that he isn't masculine!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

But he's still awesome
    Punkin, kev89, nanaslbkp and 1 others like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Yeah, listen up all of you that were sticking up for Cochran's masculinity earlier this season. Even he realizes that he isn't masculine!
    No, he realizes he isn't prone to "masculine tomfoolery"... aka he's not a fool and doesn't rule out women as allies. More than one kind of masculinity out there--in this case we have the dumb kind and the smart kind.
    He's also smart enough to know that Reynold doesn't think Cochran's masculine in the "one of the guys" macho kind of way. He knows he wouldn't be "in" in that group.

+ Reply to Thread