+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

I like Dawn. Overall, I think she's probably a nice woman with a good heart.

What I don't like: her pleas to other players to do what she needs on an emotional level. Her pleading with Erik to stick with them and not ruin her game did make me slightly nauseated. Cochran handles things much better.
    I haven't seen her "use her kids as an excuse" but it is kind of lame to ask someone to "give" you an immunity. What joy is there in wearing the necklace if you didn't actually earn it? How can that make you feel proud in front of your kids? It's lame.

What I like: I don't mind the crying. I think mentally, she's falling apart a little out there. That's not her fault entirely. Sure, you want to tell her to suck it up, but if she can't, she can't. She lets it out. Fine.
    She's playing really hard... she's not playing as smart as Cochran, but she's playing as hard as he is. I think this game is agonizing for her, and I don't think it's a very good fit, actually... because she carries too much guilt with every decision she makes and has to rationalize it to make it ok again. I find it very respectable when two people form an alliance at the very beginning and stick with it. I think she has a great big heart, but she's a flake, and she waffles back and forth between the decisions she feels she has to make (being tough) and the hating those decisions (being sensitive).
    Overall, I don't think she's a bad person at all. I think she'd be lovely to have a cup of tea with.
    Hyper, Duckyface, ilja and 1 others like this.

I've been playing games since I was out of the high chair. What I learned was that I wanted to win because I was the most skilled and I like to watch others win for the same reasons. I'm not interested in who can win based on being the best at backstabbing. I don't try to sneak a look at other people's cards or mah jongg tiles to gain an advantage; I try to reason out what they're holding based on their game play and my own cards or tiles. If you can't beat the best, you're not a winner anyways in my eyes. I thin Dawn is despicable and the kind of contestant that made me stop watching this show for several years. Even Cochran, whom I do like, has gone down a little in my estimation.

There are consequences if a pitcher throws at someone's head or if a football player goes for the head or the knees. A lot of them play dirty, but there are consequences.
    GabbyG and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, the others may talk about it as well, but it doesn't get shown. Wanting money for your 8 kids (inc. adopted) is a more interesting story than, I'm a bartender and I need some cash to buy fancier clothes, or I want to cover my student loans. Nothing wrong with any of those motivations, but they are lesser human interest stories from the point of view of the editors.
    ilja likes this.

She still sets me on edge, she has from the start - oh the angst of it all
    I cant imagine her joining the others who were voted out - they would need something a little stronger than tea
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been playing games since I was out of the high chair. What I learned was that I wanted to win because I was the most skilled and I like to watch others win for the same reasons. I'm not interested in who can win based on being the best at backstabbing. I don't try to sneak a look at other people's cards or mah jongg tiles to gain an advantage; I try to reason out what they're holding based on their game play and my own cards or tiles. If you can't beat the best, you're not a winner anyways in my eyes. I thin Dawn is despicable and the kind of contestant that made me stop watching this show for several years. Even Cochran, whom I do like, has gone down a little in my estimation.

There are consequences if a pitcher throws at someone's head or if a football player goes for the head or the knees. A lot of them play dirty, but there are consequences.
    But this game is called survivor and outwitting in the social game is part of the package. Outwitting is one of the three categories, and maybe the most important as it's usually a defining characteristic of the winner. If someone doesn't like a game about outwitting people then they probably at the least shouldn't be out there on the island playing.
    spockwhat and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I like Dawn. Overall, I think she's probably a nice woman with a good heart.

What I don't like: her pleas to other players to do what she needs on an emotional level. Her pleading with Erik to stick with them and not ruin her game did make me slightly nauseated. Cochran handles things much better.
    I haven't seen her "use her kids as an excuse" but it is kind of lame to ask someone to "give" you an immunity. What joy is there in wearing the necklace if you didn't actually earn it? How can that make you feel proud in front of your kids? It's lame.

What I like: I don't mind the crying. I think mentally, she's falling apart a little out there. That's not her fault entirely. Sure, you want to tell her to suck it up, but if she can't, she can't. She lets it out. Fine.
    She's playing really hard... she's not playing as smart as Cochran, but she's playing as hard as he is. I think this game is agonizing for her, and I don't think it's a very good fit, actually... because she carries too much guilt with every decision she makes and has to rationalize it to make it ok again. I find it very respectable when two people form an alliance at the very beginning and stick with it. I think she has a great big heart, but she's a flake, and she waffles back and forth between the decisions she feels she has to make (being tough) and the hating those decisions (being sensitive).
    Overall, I don't think she's a bad person at all. I think she'd be lovely to have a cup of tea with.
    Very well said Spock!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    When did Probst say all this- I really don't care to hear what he thinks( this is not aimed at you btw) As for Dawn, she just rubs me the wrong way, she isn't someone I would have tea with, although as I said, this is edited, so maybe I would. I don't like women that say one thing, and do another. That was alluded to in the last Ponderosa video. We each like who we like, as for Eddie, no thanks, I think he has floated his way this far , I don't want him in the F3 or winning it-
    Probst did an interview talking about what we can expect on the Finale ... and also answering questions regarding his opinions .

I think the interview was with EW .

Brenda is being very childish with this "hurt" stuff. Both she and Dawn both knew only one person could win. That's why they call the winner the SOLE Survivor! Anyone who takes this so personally doesn't belong there.

You said ....
    ( this is not aimed at you btw)
    Whew ... I was worried I was going to get voted off.
    ilja likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Brenda is being very childish with this "hurt" stuff. Both she and Dawn both knew only one person could win. That's why they call the winner the SOLE Survivor! Anyone who takes this so personally doesn't belong there.
    I agree. Especially since, at the previous TC, she was grinning at (and therefore obviously enjoyed/was excited by) Andrea's blindside. That said, the crying and feeling so hurt in her exit speech was probably just due to the shock of it all in the moment.
    ilja likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I agree. Especially since, at the previous TC, she was grinning at (and therefore obviously enjoyed/was excited by) Andrea's blindside. That said, the crying and feeling so hurt in her exit speech was probably just due to the shock of it all in the moment.
    No ... she is back to sniveling about it and has not communicated with Dawn since.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Probst did an interview talking about what we can expect on the Finale ... and also answering questions regarding his opinions .

I think the interview was with EW .

You said .... Whew ... I was worried I was going to get voted off.
    echo there is still time- and you wont see it coming!
    Brenda wasn't nice the last time she played, I really disliked her. She changed her strategy, and it still didn't work
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread