+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

I don't think Dawn feels entitled because she has kids, and I don't think she has more kids than she can take care of. She could obviously make life easier for them if she won the money and it gives her a lot of motivation. She agreed to vote Brenda out because that was the best strategic move. Brenda allowed the others to see their families, instead of her bff Dawn, because that was the best strategic move. Brenda said she was acting "nice" this time as a strategic move.

I hate all Dawns weeping and I actually liked Brenda this time around, most of the time, but the reaction seems way out of whack. If it had been reversed would you have been as mad at Brenda for voting for Dawn? I seriously doubt it.

I think many of you are really looking at this wrong. It reminds me of when friends ask friends for free stuff that is part of their livelihood.
    What I mean is if you become friendly with someone who is a Physician ... do they give you free medical services?
    If you have a friend who is a florist do you always get free flowers? These people are all playing a game with the hope of winning lots of money.

Dawn did not come up with the idea of booting Brenda. Fair haired favorite Cochran did because he feared he would be the next target after Eddie and keeping Eddie got him one more week ... and through to the F4.

Dawn did vote out Brenda ... both to help Cochran, and to give herself a better chance of making it to the end. But Cochran and the goat named Sherri voted to boot Brenda too and by the way ... neither of them needs the money.
    Dawn made a prudent game move. C'mon! Who do you think would have most likely won the next challenge if it was down to Dawn and Brenda?

I do not get all the venom directed at someone who is playing the game so well.

So why is Dawn the bad one here? She is not Russel Hantz.

I feel sad for her ... because she seems a nice person and I think it hurts her every time she writes someone's name down. That is part of her stress.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think many of you are really looking at this wrong. It reminds me of when friends ask friends for free stuff that is part of their livelihood.
    What I mean is if you become friendly with someone who is a Physician ... do they give you free medical services?
    If you have a friend who is a florist do you always get free flowers? These people are all playing a game with the hope of winning lots of money.

Dawn did not come up with the idea of booting Brenda. Fair haired favorite Cochran did because he feared he would be the next target after Eddie and keeping Eddie got him one more week ... and through to the F4.

Dawn did vote out Brenda ... both to help Cochran, and to give herself a better chance of making it to the end. But Cochran and the goat named Sherri voted to boot Brenda too and by the way ... neither of them needs the money.
    Dawn made a prudent game move. C'mon! Who do you think would have most likely won the next challenge if it was down to Dawn and Brenda?

I do not get all the venom directed at someone who is playing the game so well.

So why is Dawn the bad one here? She is not Russel Hantz.

I feel sad for her ... because she seems a nice person and I think it hurts her every time she writes someone's name down. That is part of her stress.
    We don't know what she is like, she is edited like everyone else. She seems very needy to me ,I liked her enough , now( as I said up thread) there is something about her I don't care for. I will see the real Dawn, when Jeff asks questions, and perhaps change my mind again. I decided she made me feel edgy long before this happened with Brenda. Why is Sherrie a goat, what did she do? I am not fond of her either, but like Dawn, she is playing the game. I don't feel venom toward Dawn its a game . The best student and player of the game should win if Survivor is fair, unfortunately it isn't- it never has been .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think she's done a good job of making herself into a "goat" candidate. Before this episode, I rated her as the third-best (behind Brenda and Cochran) in terms of favor with the jury, now she's plummeted down to last. I'd go as far as to say that if they do another Heroes vs Villains, she's just earned her ticket in.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

You know, after watching the episode, I don't hate Dawn too much. Sure, it sucked to see Brenda go, but it's the game. It was more frustrating when the idiots wouldn't split Romber up in All-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We don't know what she is like, she is edited like everyone else. She seems very needy to me ,I liked her enough , now( as I said up thread) there is something about her I don't care for. I will see the real Dawn, when Jeff asks questions, and perhaps change my mind again. I decided she made me feel edgy long before this happened with Brenda. Why is Sherrie a goat, what did she do? I am not fond of her either, but like Dawn, she is playing the game. I don't feel venom toward Dawn its a game . The best student and player of the game should win if Survivor is fair, unfortunately it isn't- it never has been .
    It is possible that I am misunderstanding the term "goat" but I am using it to mean the person who is taken or carried along because whoever is taking them is sure they can beat them. Even Probst says Sherri is a "lock" for F3 because she can't win. So that's why I called her a goat.

Dawn is not really a goat as she has donre plenty, ... but Cochran may consider her somewhat so, because he is pretty sure he can beat her in an F3 .
    Probst thinks all the men have a shot to win. Some emphasis on Eddie. ( Now THAT would be a fun upset) He thinks Dawn has a chance too depending on who she is sitting with ... and Sherri can't win.

I wasn't suggesting anyone in particular was being venomous ... I am just reading so much anti-Dawn blame game in many of the threads and for a long time now.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    It is possible that I am misunderstanding the term "goat" but I am using it to mean the person who is taken or carried along because whoever is taking them is sure they can beat them. Even Probst says Sherri is a "lock" for F3 because she can't win. So that's why I called her a goat.

Dawn is not really a goat as she has done plenty, ... but Cochran may consider her somewhat so, because he is pretty sure he can beat her in an F3 .
    Probst thinks all the men have a shot to win. Some emphasis on Eddie. ( Now THAT would be a fun upset) He thinks Dawn has a chance too depending on who she is sitting with ... and Sherri can't win.

I wasn't suggesting anyone in particular was being venomous ... I am just reading so much anti-Dawn blame game in many of the threads and for a long time now.
    When did Probst say all this- I really don't care to hear what he thinks( this is not aimed at you btw) As for Dawn, she just rubs me the wrong way, she isn't someone I would have tea with, although as I said, this is edited, so maybe I would. I don't like women that say one thing, and do another. That was alluded to in the last Ponderosa video. We each like who we like, as for Eddie, no thanks, I think he has floated his way this far , I don't want him in the F3 or winning it-
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    I think she's done a good job of making herself into a "goat" candidate. Before this episode, I rated her as the third-best (behind Brenda and Cochran) in terms of favor with the jury, now she's plummeted down to last. I'd go as far as to say that if they do another Heroes vs Villains, she's just earned her ticket in.
    I think Cochran has done an excellent job of making Dawn his own personal goat. She's the perfect person for him to take to the f3, she's the one with blood on her hands. Which makes her fretting over wanting to play her own game this time around all the more ironic.

You would think that would make me more inclined to like her or have more sympathy for her. But it doesn't.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also don't see Dawn feeling "entitled" to win because she has so many kids. This isn't her first rodeo, she knows very well that that buys her almost nothing in this game. She just mentions her kids because the thought of winning money for their education etc., is what keeps her going, and mostly she just mentions it to the camera. FYI, Cochran is going to have a TON of debt when he finishes Harvard Law (I'm assuming his parents aren't paying--they don't look that well off), and unless he goes into corporate work it will take a long time to pay off (even then, since your expenses for things like clothes are higher in corporate work, will take quite a while). So I'm sure he'll appreciate the money as well. I'm sure even Sherri will be able to find good uses for the $$.

I just wonder how much she talks about it. Money is a funny thing. Sherri doesn't mention she has money, and of course others would love the money, but say nothing. I don't know how all this will play out.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread