+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

I think she is tense , that's all. These favourites have been in this position before, they know ( or think they do) whats coming

Take a leaf from Cochran's book and be calm, cool and collected
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    My neighbor started at about 35 and all the way to early 50's. Hang on!

By the way, they say that it frequently affects daughters the way it affected their mothers ... not always ... but you can possibly look there for predictions.
    Any males reading here ... just be understanding.
    Oh great news! I just turned 40 last week and I am so not ready for this!!

I think Dawn is trying so hard to play smart and keep everything until control this time and I think last night's tribal counsel probably got to her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she is tense , that's all. These favourites have been in this position before, they know ( or think they do) whats coming

Take a leaf from Cochran's book and be calm, cool and collected
    If what was said about Dawn's family situation is true she has a lot more at stake than Cochran who is independent and does not have six kids depending on him has at stake.

No wonder she flips out every so often. IMO only of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    If what was said about Dawn's family situation is true she has a lot more at stake than Cochran who is independent and does not have six kids depending on him has at stake.

No wonder she flips out every so often. IMO only of course.
    Everyone goes in wanting to win one million- she takes her chances just like anyone.
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Everyone goes in wanting to win one million- she takes her chances just like anyone.
    I wasn't really referring to "Chances of winning" but to the different kinds of emotional investment different players may have in winning or doing well in the game.

Two competitors can be equally fierce but the one who feels she has six kids depending on her may have a very different emotional investment than a single childless man who is still in graduate-level school.
    It's all conjecture of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I wasn't really referring to "Chances of winning" but to the different kinds of emotional investment different players may have in winning or doing well in the game.

Two competitors can be equally fierce but the one who feels she has six kids depending on her may have a very different emotional investment than a single childless man who is still in graduate-level school.
    It's all conjecture of course.
    Yeah, I struggle with that. While I can certainly see how it could make a bigger difference in Dawn's life than in say Cochran's, when you consider her responsibilities and his likely future earning power, I am still left with the problem of thinking yeah but this is not a charity. This is a contest and the person that deserves to win should be the one who played the best game, not the one who needs the money the most.

I like Dawn a lot and I can see how one might get overly emotional on Survivor. However, I want the person to win to be strong enough to win and if she is not, then she needs to go. I'm hoping the previews were simply a misrepresentation of her time on the island. I'm hoping it was just a simple moment of weakness that she will overcome. I don't mind someone getting down every now and then or someone messing up every now and then. What I do want is someone to get back on their feet and fight their way to the end.

Edited to add: Orion, I realize you weren't saying what I said. I think I just used your post as a jumping off point.

I like Dawn, but- whoever plays the best game -wins
    -Andy Rooney-

I like Dawn too. A lot of people keep hoping that Cochran wins, and really, unless I missed something, Dawn seems to be taking the risks and making the moves and Cochran agrees and benefits.

They all make some good moves and last night ... Andrea called it right. and they all benefited.

So, I think Dawn is as deserving of winning as any of them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't know where I picked this up and I don't know if it's true, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I heard that Dawn does something late in the game that makes everyone really despise her, something that lasts way beyond the end of the game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't know where I picked this up and I don't know if it's true, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I heard that Dawn does something late in the game that makes everyone really despise her, something that lasts way beyond the end of the game.
    Wow...that's really hard to imagine....

+ Reply to Thread