Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

I agree( as I usually do ) with ilja. Really good post Midol-thank you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am so used to people disagreeing with me here that I am starting to doubt my own presentation skills.

When I mentioned presentation skills ... I meant it comprehensively ... that is planning, content, articulation/delivery etc.

Cochran gave a good closing argument .... Dawn did not ... and she succeeded in alienating the jury further by seeming to say SHE was the reason Cochran was there. That is not what she meant ... but Cochran turned it just enough to have it sink into the minds of the jury that that is what she meant. Cochran's wit was cagey ... and I feel that he is less genuine than many think. I am usually right in the long run about these things ... but it doesn't win me anything.

Midol, you said
    "where Cochran beat her is that he successfully convinced her to boot people ... Brenda specifically" ..

I didn't see it that way ... and as said ... Cochran wanted Brenda out because he would follow Eddie out ... and Cochran didn't figure that out for himself ... Eddie is the one who planted that seed with Cochran. I think that if Eddie said that same thing to Dawn the decision would be the same.
    And if Eddie told Dawn that SHE would follow him out ... either Brenda or Cochran would have been ousted.

It seems to me that Cochran coldly carved his way to the win and Dawn padded it and ended up with the blood on her hands.

Dawn should have orchestrated a blindside of Cochran ... that is what Brenda wanted .... but she was very protective of him too.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-14-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't think you give Cochran enough credit. While Dawn and he plotted and planned, he was always a few steps ahead of her imho- plus as he said, he was her therapist. I cannot imagine how much her crying got on everyones nerves. That is why she lost
    holly71, Florimel and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think you give Cochran enough credit. While Dawn and he plotted and planned, he was always a few steps ahead of her imho- plus as he said, he was her therapist. I cannot imagine how much her crying got on everyones nerves. That is why she lost
    I know you are ready to boot me off Fanny ... but I have to stick by my guns.

It was always Dawn securing the information and sharing it with Cochran and then a joint decision.

Cochran couldn't have planned anything without the information and Dawn's help. Most of Dawn's crying is/was because she was having a hard time booting people she had to in order to make it to the end. She just never explained all that to the jury.

As for Cochran being her "therapist" ... I think that is a smart mouthed young man being cruel. She was treating him like her son! Big difference.

Mohandas Gandhi

I think without him she would have gone much earlier. Cochran is a lot of things , but a smart mouth - nope. I find him very polite and respectful
    anyhow he won and Dawn did not
    holly71, Lil Bit, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think without him she would have gone much earlier. Cochran is a lot of things , but a smart mouth - nope. I find him very polite and respectful
    anyhow he won and Dawn did not
    See ... I see him calling himself Dawn's "therapist" as extremely disrespectful. It is humor at someone else's expense and she is his elder and was always respectful of him.

His eye rolls etc, were the same with Phillip who is also his elder.

He thought he was better than the young guys with their "masculine tomfoolery" ... yet the peanut butter "more than you think" remark was in the same ball park.

I don't think he is nice. I did at first but my opinion changed. I think he has been bullied and the butt most of his life and this is all just payback.

We don't have to agree., we all see things a different way and it sure would be boring if everyone thought exactly the same.

Just think about it ... and what I said a long time ago .... that Cochran was playing a caricature of himself.

By the way ... Cochran had a jury of his peers ... age wise anyway ... and Dawn did not.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    See ... I see him calling himself Dawn's "therapist" as extremely disrespectful. It is humor at someone else's expense and she is his elder and was always respectful of him.

His eye rolls etc, were the same with Phillip who is also his elder.

He thought he was better than the young guys with their "masculine tomfoolery" ... yet the peanut butter "more than you think" remark was in the same ball park.

I don't think he is nice. I did at first but my opinion changed. I think he has been bullied and the butt most of his life and this is all just payback.

We don't have to agree., we all see things a different way and it sure would be boring if everyone thought exactly the same.

Just think about it ... and what I said a long time ago .... that Cochran was playing a caricature of himself.

By the way ... Cochran had a jury of his peers ... age wise anyway ... and Dawn did not.
    Dawn does not seem to think Cochran is disrespectful. They still appear to be friendly. This is not a very respectful game...See Brenda and Dawn. What did Dawn in more than anything ... and I think you disagree on this point ... is that Dawn played a very emotional, tear filled game. Much more than we were shown. Everyone since the finale has said so in their interviews. Juries ... whether they be of peers or not ... never respect that. She's been here before and knew this. And as much as she got information to Cochran, it worked the other way also. As soon as Andrea mentioned that Dawn was a target, he went to her and got Andrea out. It was a mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Dawn came across to me as a major drama queen. From her exaggerated freak out over her lost teeth to her hysterical crying, to me she just seems kind of fake and put on. Maybe it was hormonal, maybe it's just her personality. Whatever it is, I think it would be exhausting to spend any amount of time with her and I can understand why the jury was as hard on her as they were.
    holly71 likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Dawn came across to me as a major drama queen. From her exaggerated freak out over her lost teeth to her hysterical crying, to me she just seems kind of fake and put on. Maybe it was hormonal, maybe it's just her personality. Whatever it is, I think it would be exhausting to spend any amount of time with her and I can understand why the jury was as hard on her as they were.
    Totally agree with the bolded! I can't stand myself when I have an overly emotional hour, much less 39 freaking days of someone else being overly emotional!!
    holly71 and Midol like this.

I am much more Dawn's peer in age than Cochran's, but she never would have gotten a jury vote from me. I think she came determined to prove that she could play cutthroat, whatever it took, and she did just that. I think both Cochran and Brenda did act as a kind of therapist for her and I found no disrespect in his saying so. Being courteous to my elders has always been a way of life for me, but there are some who do not deserve it based solely upon age.
    holly71, NCLurker, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread