+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Dawns constant crying was irritating, but what bothered me the most was her habit of wanting to give everyone a big hug right after she helped to vote them off. Makes me wonder if she was just hugging them so she could pull the knife out of their back to have it ready for the next person. I understand the whole eat or be eaten aspect of the game, but if I was the alliance member who had just been blindsided I think I would smack her right in the face if she tried to hug me!
    holly71, Florimel, Brooks and 1 others like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

And you could tell what the Jury thought of that, after she got up to hug Eddie and exclaimed "I'm going to miss you so much!"

The entire jury rolled their eyes and grimaced.

She didn't jump up and try to hug Brenda the week before though, which I thought was interesting. Although maybe it was out of a sense of self-preservation. Brenda might have slugged her!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    [snip]

In the article I read Dawn said the amount was $92,500 each. Not sure why it is less.
    Sorry, I was wrong. In reading later posts in the show thread it was explained that because of the tie, second and third place money was added together then divided by two.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

In the article I read Dawn said the amount was $92,500 each. Not sure why it is less
    According to Dawn it's less because they added Second Prize of &100,000 and Third Prize of $ 85,000 equaling $185,000 ... half of which is $92,500 !

The jury really punished Dawn by indicating by their votes that Dawn's game wasn't any better than Sheri's. Sick!
    Someone should have at least given her one vote.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    According to Dawn it's less because they added Second Prize of &100,000 and Third Prize of $ 85,000 equaling $185,000 ... half of which is $92,500 !

The jury really punished Dawn by indicating by their votes that Dawn's game wasn't any better than Sheri's. Sick!
    Someone should have at least given her one vote.
    Well they don't know who each other are going to vote for.I guess everyone enjoyed Cochran's game more than Sherri or Dawn. Dawn wasn't punished, she didn't stack up
    Brooks and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well they don't know who each other are going to vote for.I guess everyone enjoyed Cochran's game more than Sherri or Dawn. Dawn wasn't punished, she didn't stack up
    I think they do a little deliberating before the final TC.

Also, if you read the interviews, the boot decisions were made by BOTH Dawn and Cochran and they made it a point to keep their alliance secret by rising at 4 am to meet. Basically, Dawn played the social game and people trusted her. Cochran played the good old boy game.

I know I'm on a soapbox here saying I'm all right and the world's all wrong, but I I think Dawn's lack of good presentation skills is what cost her the game.

At the final TC ... Dawn made a few errors ... but as far as in the game she definitely "stacked up" if what you mean is measured up to Cochran.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I thought Dawn had pretty good presentation skills compared to most of the finalists we see. Unfortunately for her but not unexpectedly, Cochran's skills and perceptions were excellent - one of the reasons I hoped he would make F3 because I really look forward toa battle of wits at Final TC. It's why Sherri and Eddie (was it that two?) were nuts for thinking they would rather go up against Cochran than Dawn.
    Midol likes this.

Also, if you read the interviews, the boot decisions were made by BOTH Dawn and Cochran and they made it a point to keep their alliance secret by rising at 4 am to meet. Basically, Dawn played the social game and people trusted her. Cochran played the good old boy game.

I know I'm on a soapbox here saying I'm all right and the world's all wrong, but I I think Dawn's lack of good presentation skills is what cost her the game.

At the final TC ... Dawn made a few errors ... but as far as in the game she definitely "stacked up" if what you mean is measured up to Cochran.
    We all see it differently I thought Dawns game wasn't that good( and the weeping)
    holly71 and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Both Dawn and Cochran admitted that they made boot decisions together. I don't think anyone is disputing that. Where I think we differ is that although I agree they worked together, where Cochran beat her is that he successfully convinced her to boot people ... Brenda specifically ... who she herself admitted were better for her game to keep. And she did, to her own detriment. Cochran ALWAYS booted those players who were a threat to himself regardless of how they effected her game, therefore, on that point alone he outplayed her. He also didn't connect to people on such an emotional level that they held it against him when he booted them. Now he admits in his interview that that is just a product of their personalities. He is a pragmatist and connects to people on an intellectual and humourous level. Dawn connects to people on a more intimate, emotional level. Neither way is right or wrong and they each worked to their own strengths. He kept his head in the game at all times and said he watched the jury and how they responded when they were answering questions...through all the tribals! He said that he saw them rolling their eyes at Sherri and snickering with Dawn. They were more positive with Eddie and it was for this reason why he wanted the other two beside him at the end. He said he still thought he could beat Eddie, but, thought why take the chance.

I think Dawn was actually pretty articulate at the last tribal. Sherri not so much. The problem for Dawn was that she was up against someone who was even more articulate and she had left it too late to try explain herself. She had already so alienated the jury that they were no longer listening and really didn't believe what she was telling them. For me, that is not so much of a problem of presentation, but, rather execution/strategy/planning. Game, set and match...Mr. John Cochran.
    Brooks, hot_chocolate and ilja like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Excellent post, Midol. For a minute there, I thought I was reading my own mind. No wonder I thought you sounded so brilliant.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread