+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Survivor wouldn't be Survivor without backstabbing and blindsides. That is a given, and what makes the show so interesting to watch much of the time. I am not too inclined to defend Corrine since I couldn't stand her the first time she played and hated the "my gay" comments this time around. I think she really was reaching to claim Dawn "stole the game" from her, since yes, everyone is trying to get to the end.

The thing Dawn and others always need to remember is getting to the end is one thing, winning is another. I have said numerous times that I understand WHY Dawn would want to get rid of Brenda before the end, but I also think it was a stupid move on her part to get rid of Brenda before Eddie, the easy vote. Now you've just lost a potential vote, you've shown you are not loyal to your friends/allies to the rest of the jury, and you've made winning a lot harder. If Dawn makes the FTC, it will be interesting to see how she explains it, if asked.

Again, Cochran is playing such a good game. He has Sherri as his main goat in his back pocket, willing to do whatever he says, and he has Dawn to be the assassin and take the majority of the blame for backstabbing the people he wants gone.
    She had options. She could have kept both Brenda and Eddie and offed Cochran.
    Dawn was blinded by her emotions and emotional personality as well as loyalty to her main commitment ... Cochran.

The saga of the teeth was absurd. First of all why didn't Dawn try diving for her own teeth? Second ,,,, diving down and getting something that someone dropped is really not such a big deal.

I still say Dawn has some hormonal/emotional issues, therefore contributing to my feeling that she played a terrific game and imo, better thanCochran's
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Exactly, Dawn did have other options. Her choices left her exactly where I figured it would... in the F3, but not getting a single vote.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    She had options. She could have kept both Brenda and Eddie and offed Cochran.
    Dawn was blinded by her emotions and emotional personality as well as loyalty to her main commitment ... Cochran.

The saga of the teeth was absurd. First of all why didn't Dawn try diving for her own teeth? Second ,,,, diving down and getting something that someone dropped is really not such a big deal.

I still say Dawn has some hormonal/emotional issues, therefore contributing to my feeling that she played a terrific game and imo, better thanCochran's
    While I think that Dawn played a decent game I do think that Cochran bested her on all fronts. He won more challenges...even if two were because of advantages. The balancing cards he straight up won to get an advantage and the other one he didn't waste his money on food like Dawn and saved it for an advantage in the game. That was stupid on all counts...not just for her, but, everyone who wasted that opportunity. Secondly, he seemed to be more strategic than she was since he got her to vote off Brenda, the person who she herself said would have been better for her to keep in the game. Plus, he manipulated the Andrea vote off as well. Those were key moves that he outplayed her on. Finally, his social game was better than hers. He maintained relationships with pretty much everyone, but did not burn any bridges like Dawn did. She got too personal and too emotional in the game. People saw her as weak. I don't care what the reason was for the crying. She should have never let anyone see that weakness as all it does is make people think you are too emotional and wishy washy. She let her emotions overrule her common sense and what she knew was better game play. She became too personal with others in a game that ultimately requires you to be ruthless and that cost her. I appreciated that she owned her gameplay, but, it was too little, too late. By that point Cochran had reinforced his standing as a weak nerd who had become a challenge king and had shown himself to be strategic, articulate, self depricating and funny. Dawn on the other hand had shown herself to be overly emotional and willing to back stab her seemingly biggest ally. That clearly was not the case as Cochran was the one she had been working with from the start, but, in Survivor perception is everything and she let others percieve her as a weak, emotional, backstabbing player through her own actions and as well as by Cochran's own game play.
    Hyper, KatesMom and Alexxxx like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I said this elsewhere, but realized I should have put it in the Dawn thread...

So I wonder now, since neither Dawn nor Sherri got a single vote do they split the summed up 2nd and 3rd prizes and each get half of $175,000? Minus taxes, of course, but still a good start on a college fund. Not enough for 6 even at a state school, but something.

What Dawn should have started by saying was, I know I was a mess a lot of this season, and I thank all of you who helped me hold it together. The reason was, none of my friendship feelings for you were fake, I really do like you just as much as you thought I did, and I'm not the kind of person who betrays a friend. But in this game to get to this point, you have to do that to hold to your alliance....and my first and foremost alliance is with my family. The only people I put ahead of my friends are my family, and in this case you were threats to my family. I told myself if I came back I would have to play differently, but as you could see it was not easy for me to do. Extremely painful, just because I do like you, and I hope in time you will be able to forgive me.

That would be "owning it", apologizing, and flattering them...

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This was answered in another thread...I read that because they "tied" - zero votes - they each get $100,000.00.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

At the start of last night's show I was interested to see Dawn's reaction back at camp after Brenda's ouster. There were no tears at all, no sense of remorse which we could see. Which makes me wonder how many of those "crying" jags throughout the season were real, and how many were of the crocodile variety? When she and Cochran were rejoicing over their status remaining in the game, Dawn tried to cry, scrunched up her face, and did a fakey sob deal. Again, no tears. Through the rest of the show miracle of miracles, all the way to the last tribal, we saw a completely different Dawn. I thought for sure she would break down at Final Tribal and no she didn't. I thought too that she'd be a basket case at the Reunion, especially after we heard how she had to shut down her twitter account, but again, no, she wasn't. Whatever makes people think it is okay to hide behind a computer and do that type of stuff is so wrong. What I am still wondering is what did they do with the Dawn that was shown to us during the entire season?

So I am left confused - was all that crying stuff a strategy in her game playing? It obviously didn't work since she didn't get a vote. I guess I don't know who Dawn is as a person. I do know that I do not like her now and yet I didn't start the season thinking that it would turn out that way.

I read the article that was provided in the other thread where she said something about having no idea that they were going to have Brenda piped in so that Jeff could have Dawn apologize to Brenda and that she thought it was going to be all about Brenda and her baby. She said it was very ackward and imo it seemed like she still didn't get the reason behind Brenda asking her to remove her teeth. Her impression was that Brenda did it to humiliate her. JMO, but I think Brenda's reason was to show Dawn how at the time it was very important to Dawn for Brenda to get those teeth so she could remain in the game and Brenda felt so close to her and did it in a heartbeat because she cared so much for her as a friend.

This was answered in another thread...I read that because they "tied" - zero votes - they each get $100,000.00.
    In the article I read Dawn said the amount was $92,500 each. Not sure why it is less.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    At the start of last night's show I was interested to see Dawn's reaction back at camp after Brenda's ouster. There were no tears at all, no sense of remorse which we could see. Which makes me wonder how many of those "crying" jags throughout the season were real, and how many were of the crocodile variety? When she and Cochran were rejoicing over their status remaining in the game, Dawn tried to cry, scrunched up her face, and did a fakey sob deal. Again, no tears. Through the rest of the show miracle of miracles, all the way to the last tribal, we saw a completely different Dawn. I thought for sure she would break down at Final Tribal and no she didn't. I thought too that she'd be a basket case at the Reunion, especially after we heard how she had to shut down her twitter account, but again, no, she wasn't. Whatever makes people think it is okay to hide behind a computer and do that type of stuff is so wrong. What I am still wondering is what did they do with the Dawn that was shown to us during the entire season?

So I am left confused - was all that crying stuff a strategy in her game playing? It obviously didn't work since she didn't get a vote. I guess I don't know who Dawn is as a person. I do know that I do not like her now and yet I didn't start the season thinking that it would turn out that way.

I read the article that was provided in the other thread where she said something about having no idea that they were going to have Brenda piped in so that Jeff could have Dawn apologize to Brenda and that she thought it was going to be all about Brenda and her baby. She said it was very ackward and imo it seemed like she still didn't get the reason behind Brenda asking her to remove her teeth. Her impression was that Brenda did it to humiliate her. JMO, but I think Brenda's reason was to show Dawn how at the time it was very important to Dawn for Brenda to get those teeth so she could remain in the game and Brenda felt so close to her and did it in a heartbeat because she cared so much for her as a friend.

In the article I read Dawn said the amount was $92,500 each. Not sure why it is less.
    They added to gether the 2nd and 3rd prize to equal $175,000 and divided by two....which should equal 87,500 each, no?

In the article I read Dawn said the amount was $92,500 each. Not sure why it is less
    Tax comes off
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's either 100k apiece, or they split 2nd and 3rd prize (100k and 85k), I've heard conflicting reports. Taxes on prizes are much more than 7.5%.

I think taking her teeth out was a just "revenge" and props to Brenda for thinking of it. Yeah it was petty, but I see the point she was trying to make, to have Dawn really remember her act of kindness. And it was the best chance that Dawn had of salvaging some votes, depending on how she handled it, may her genuineness would have counted for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    At the start of last night's show I was interested to see Dawn's reaction back at camp after Brenda's ouster. There were no tears at all, no sense of remorse which we could see.
    Remorse at an appropriate time, like after she sucker punched Brenda, might have made that act more tolerable to others.

+ Reply to Thread