+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Dawn - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is that what he said? My ears are going and my closed captioning doesn't always get everything... I thought it was something like an accountant. Something nerdy (so Cochran's comment that his dad was like him, 40 years later, made sense), and something that provided a good living but likely not a super rich one.
    There aren't a lot of scholarships to law school (compared to college), and generally they'd be for kids from really poor families. I guess they figure lawyers to be should take out loans, and in fact banks generally consider them to be good investments... I guess I like to think Cochran is paying his own way, with only minor family help--Christmas checks from grandmas, that kind of thing. And I like to think that because I find him so rational and not spoiled--not a rich brat who's had everything handed to him.
    I don't want to go too off-topic, since this is Dawn's thread, but yes, grants and scholarships to law school are hard to come by. And law school is extremely expensive. I went to a top 20 law school and my loans were about $80k when I graduated. 15 years later, I am still paying them off. Most do it with loans - since you are over 21, you can be considered separate from your parents' income and so for many (like me), that was the first time I qualified for loans. After my parents paid for 4 years of undergrad, they weren't paying for law school. Not saying it is impossible, but my guess would be Cochran's parents are not paying for his law school and he is paying for it via loans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I just read an interview by Corrine. One of the questions involved Dawn.

THR: Have you spoken to her since you were voted out?

Corinne: I refuse to, actually. I didn't give her my phone number. She's sent me a lot of letters on Facebook, apologizing. I think she genuinely feels badly about it, but she stole the game from me. She stole memories from me that I can't get back. It's hard to forgive that. If it hadn't happened, I would have been friends with her forever. I would have met her kids. I genuinely adored her. She took away something I'll never get back. That's hard to forgive.

Corinne and Brenda were the only two that truly consoled and helped Dawn out during her meltdowns according to Malcolm and other contestants. Yet Dawn had no problem backstabbing either one of them. Not that I necessarily liked Corinne, but it still says volumes about Dawn's character and what she values, and her values definitely clash with mine.
    Sounds to me like Corrine is existing on a steady diet of sour grapes. However, since I like to think about hypothetical situations, what about this -- what if the F3 was Dawn, Brenda and Corrine. What do they do then? Honor their friendships and quit so their bestie can have the money? Beg the producers to declare a three-way tie and split the prize? Stand up at final tribal and implore everybody to vote for one of the other two friends because it would make me happy to see my friend win? That's not a Survivor tribal council, it's a Lifetime movie.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Sounds to me like Corrine is existing on a steady diet of sour grapes. However, since I like to think about hypothetical situations, what about this -- what if the F3 was Dawn, Brenda and Corrine. What do they do then? Honor their friendships and quit so their bestie can have the money? Beg the producers to declare a three-way tie and split the prize? Stand up at final tribal and implore everybody to vote for one of the other two friends because it would make me happy to see my friend win? That's not a Survivor tribal council, it's a Lifetime movie.
    But of course! That's the only honorable thing to do.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

That's not a Survivor tribal council, it's a Lifetime movie. If you are friends something like this would not break you up. Both Corrine and Brenda were not nice to people the last time they were on, so move on for goodness sake

I really do like the point you made, when you said about the three of them being in the F3.!! its a good one
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Now that's just plain silly talk. Like anyone would expect that to happen? LOL Plus, we aren't talking the final TC, this is about behavior on the road to get there which is a completely different animal altogether.

There have been plenty of alliances that have made the last TC, and they didn't feel the need to throw each other under the bus in order to win the money.
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Now that's just plain silly talk. Like anyone would expect that to happen? LOL Plus, we aren't talking the final TC, this is about behavior on the road to get there which is a completely different animal altogether.

There have been plenty of alliances that have made the last TC, and they didn't feel the need to throw each other under the bus in order to win the money.
    hmm I can think of a couple.

Is it Sunday yet? it is

mesachick and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Corinne: I refuse to, actually. I didn't give her my phone number. She's sent me a lot of letters on Facebook, apologizing. I think she genuinely feels badly about it, but she stole the game from me. She stole memories from me that I can't get back. It's hard to forgive that. If it hadn't happened, I would have been friends with her forever. I would have met her kids. I genuinely adored her. She took away something I'll never get back. That's hard to forgive.

This is what gets on my nerves. How did she steal the game from Corinne? She is in the game as well. It is everyone's game that only one can win. Why do people come into the game assuming the others need to just roll over and hand it to them. Corinne's comments reek of this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    This is what gets on my nerves. How did she steal the game from Corinne? She is in the game as well. It is everyone's game that only one can win. Why do people come into the game assuming the others need to just roll over and hand it to them. Corinne's comments reek of this.
    Coming from her ( Corinne). I find that to be even more of a joke
    -Andy Rooney-

Survivor wouldn't be Survivor without backstabbing and blindsides. That is a given, and what makes the show so interesting to watch much of the time. I am not too inclined to defend Corrine since I couldn't stand her the first time she played and hated the "my gay" comments this time around. I think she really was reaching to claim Dawn "stole the game" from her, since yes, everyone is trying to get to the end.

The thing Dawn and others always need to remember is getting to the end is one thing, winning is another. I have said numerous times that I understand WHY Dawn would want to get rid of Brenda before the end, but I also think it was a stupid move on her part to get rid of Brenda before Eddie, the easy vote. Now you've just lost a potential vote, you've shown you are not loyal to your friends/allies to the rest of the jury, and you've made winning a lot harder. If Dawn makes the FTC, it will be interesting to see how she explains it, if asked.

Again, Cochran is playing such a good game. He has Sherri as his main goat in his back pocket, willing to do whatever he says, and he has Dawn to be the assassin and take the majority of the blame for backstabbing the people he wants gone.

Corinne and Brenda were the only two that truly consoled and helped Dawn out during her meltdowns according to Malcolm and other contestants. Yet Dawn had no problem backstabbing either one of them. Not that I necessarily liked Corinne, but it still says volumes about Dawn's character and what she values, and her values definitely clash with mine.
    Well this just makes me think less of Corinne and feel sorry for her. She's bitter and unforgiving, for something that doesn't need forgiveness in the first place in my book. It's not like Corinne wasn't trying to pull a blindside when she herself got blindsided. It's not like Corinne wouldn't have voted Dawn out to win the million.

Dawn has reached out to her to try to be friends and make up this so called "stealing the game", even though she didn't need to. She feels badly that she hurt Corinne's feelings, although because of not seeing it on the show many assume Dawn doesn't ever feel bad about anything.

She was playing hard to win the money for her kids who are the people Dawn is responsible to, not Corinne, or Brenda for that matter. She really owes Corinne nothing and yet bitter nasty Corinne is holding it against Dawn that she got voted out of the game.

So Corinne's missing out on a friendship and carrying around bitterness, hate and anger with her. Who is really losing in that scenario? Although I'm sure Dawn is agonizing over it, as evidenced by her many letters of apology, Corinne is obviously the big loser here. I hope Dawn can get over it and move on. I doubt Corinne ever will.
    Alexxxx and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread