+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Corinne - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Corinne - Caramoan (Favorite)

Calling someone a "living miscarriage" is beyond disgusting!
    I only watch the show & read the forums, so I didn't know she said that about him.

And saying Phillip is responsible for Brandon going bonkers is absurd. Anyone that saw Brandon his first go around knew he had no business being out there either time. If anyone is "cukcoo for cocoa puffs", it's Brandon!

Phillip is a little looney himself, but he's not dangerous & doesn't scare me. His brand of crazy is more benign, as far as he's not going to flip out on anyone & do physical harm, as I fear Brandon will eventually do if he doesn't get professional help (which seems highly unlikely). Brandon's type of crazy is the kind of crazy you fear. Phillip's type of crazy is the kind you just nod your head at him, say what he wants to hear, & then laugh about it with your friends (or in your confessionals, )

I really didn't mind Corrine this time around, save for her "my gay" comments, but I guess I was fooled by kind editing.
    If anything, she may have actually gotten more hateful.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's weird--last time Corinne was ( or was edited as) a bit of a nasty religious nutcase. This time, other than the gay comments, she was edited pretty positively....and then she blows up that improved rep with all this post show stuff. Not too sensible.

Re Cochran's handling of Phillip's comments vs, Brandon's---I'm sure both of them have been the butt of abuse as kids, Brandon maybe even in that dysfunctional family of his, but the difference is that when Phillip makes his "I'm the boss" comments that certainly seem demeaning to his audience, Brandon takes it seriously because he feels "lesser" and is very sensitive on the issue. Cochran is not only a little older, he's a lot smarter (and of course saner), and he knows that the kids who bullied him in high school never got past high school as it were, while he's at Harvard Law* and will someday be set to "rule the world". In the sense that no one can look down on you unless you let them, Brandon "lets" Phillip and Cochran doesn't, because on some deep level he knows Phillip isn't his superior. Brandon doesn't, and so Phillip's denigrating him really gets to him emotionally in a way it can't to Cochran. Cochran knows his eventual place in the world won't be taking orders from a fruit loop like Phillip, while Brandon fears he will be.

* fyi, not meaning to imply Harvard Law School is the be all and end all, just using it as a metaphorical shorthand here. Also, I have to say, sometimes I wonder if Phillip is quite as nuts as he seems here. We can be pretty sure the pink panties are on orders from production, and maybe some of his loopier statements are pulled out of him by careful interviewing, and of course the omnipresent editing.
    Brooks, TripleGemini and scoot13 like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Didn't Phillip address the pink panties earlier? I think I remember him saying that they are his statement on the show.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Does that not sound like a quote from production, convincing him to wear them? What the heck would they be a statement of?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Does that not sound like a quote from production, convincing him to wear them? What the heck would they be a statement of?
    Oh my! Looking for rationale thought where there is none!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I hate Corrine. I wish she would marry Reynold and they would never have babies together.
    RBmumsie and GabbyG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I hate Corrine. I wish she would marry Reynold and they would never have babies together.
    haha... sounds like you hate Reynold way MORE!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

About equal punishment for either party, I would say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234