+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

I have to agree, regardless of what motivated Brenda, it was only Dawn's fault for being in the no win situation, since she is the one that created it.
    holly71, Florimel and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    It was not done for revenge or humiliation. It's entirely DAWN's fault it was a no-win situation FOR DAWN. Brenda needed to know the answer. Whether Dawn would remove her teeth was the only way to get to that answer and know for sure.
    I am neutral on both Dawn and Brenda. I understand the reasoning as to why Brenda asked Dawn to remove the teeth. I do think in that moment when she lost them, Dawn told the truth. She was just too hysterical to be lying in that moment. When she was asked the question at final tribal she was far removed from the situation and could give a different answer...which she clearly did. I actually think she realised that she may have overreacted in the initial moment and was trying to cover her butt, which only made things worse. Either way, for me, it was a tacky, humiliating thing to do, which ever way you look at it. Yes, I'm aware that Dawn put herself in that position, but, it was still a low blow. Brenda could have been satisfied just by asking the question. It was simply put...bad form!
    Alexxxx likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Midol, I think you're right that Dawn meant it at the time but might have changed her mind if the teeth remained missing (the Drama Queen effect).

Final TC was the first time Dawn and Brenda were together since the fairly recent blindside. It was still very raw for Brenda and she wanted to understand what happened. It was her way of finding out because she knew she couldn't trust Dawn. That's what got Brenda into trouble in the first place, and at FTC with everything on the line, Dawn had no more reason to be honest than she had the entire season. I'm sorry that Brenda felt so strongly about it, but it's where she was at the time.

It's Jeff that should have found a way to leave it alone or handle it more gently. What happened between Dawn and Brenda was very personal to them. That was almost a year ago. What Jeff did was strictly about ratings.
    Midol likes this.

I have a sister who lost some of her permanent teeth as a kid due to a fall while running around a swimming pool. She was so self-conscious about her fake teeth that she never wanted to talk about them. The weird part was that all of us sisters automatically knew this without having to be told. While we all picked on each other about other things that were also below the belt, we never brought up my sister's teeth, even to this day. Because of this, I really felt for Dawn and how devastating it must have been when she thought she might have to be seen without her lower plate. It's not just a matter of vanity as in someone is too vain. It can be quite personal and deeply emotional.

While I agree with the above that she probably realized later that she over-reacted as she did during most of the show and can understand how she might have felt pressured to give Brenda what she wanted during the final vote, my heart went out to her for the humiliating and illogical situation that Brenda put her in. If anything, at this point, I'm really disgusted with Brenda and Probst, mostly Probst. I'm glad Brenda did not get fan favorite but imagine she will the next time she's on Survivor since she has now become the Victim cause de jour.
    Midol likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I can't figure out why at TC Dawn didn't answer that at the moment she was so upset, she thinks she might have removed herself from the game .... But in retrospect she couldn't be absolutely certain.

The other thing is she took out her partial, said there it is, and kept her mouth closed. ... Then APPARENTLY without being asked, she showed the toothless mouth. I am certain that Brenda took it a step further and asked her to completely humiliate herself ... and Brenda's part in it was just edited out.

Really ... these people are cruel. I didn't need to see that. Mean!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I can't figure out why at TC Dawn didn't answer that at the moment she was so upset, she thinks she might have removed herself from the game .... But in retrospect she couldn't be absolutely certain.
    {snip}
    IMO, Dawn has never struck me as someone who does her best thinking, extemporaneously. Cochran, on the other hand, is really good at thinking quickly and explaining himself well, under pressure. Dawn, not so much.
    ilja and Midol like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    IMO, Dawn has never struck me as someone who does her best thinking, extemporaneously. Cochran, on the other hand, is really good at thinking quickly and explaining himself well, under pressure. Dawn, not so much.
    I agree and that is why Cochran won.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't think Brenda insisted Dawn bare her teeth that way, and it was edited out. Dawn was throwing it back at Brenda in that moment, saying "fine here it is, you want to see it, here it is!"

IMO they both acted badly. Dawn manipulated everyone emotionally. That was the big difference I saw between her and Cochran, and why she did not win. They both made relationships in the game, but Cochran didn't make it personal. Dawn did, and in a big way.

She backstabbed those she felt she was incredibly close to. She should have been ready to bear the force of their anger, but instead seemed to think everyone should placate her and sooth her like they had done for 39 days.

Brenda was still feeling really raw and upset, and listening to Dawn's answers during tribal probably helped to push her towards that confrontation. I don't know if I would have taken it so far, but honestly I can't put myself in her shoes and so I won't judge her on it.
    Florimel and Brooks like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    When you dislike a person, it colors the way you view everything they do.
    Yeah. Sometimes it seems like people rag on the smallest thing about the person, for the sake of having something bad to say about them.
    Midol likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345