+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

  1. #31
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    I'd be really happy if Brenda won Fan Favorite, but I still think it will be Cochran, or even Malcolm.

  2. #32
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Does anyone know when this season wrapped shooting on the island? I mean was it 9+ months ago?

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,165

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Does anyone know when this season wrapped shooting on the island? I mean was it 9+ months ago?
    I heard that it was the end of June 2012 when shooting wrapped.

  4. #34
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,801

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    So, yes, she didn't get pregnant on the island...or at Ponderosa... And yes, I started counting backwards also! She got pregnant in mid to late August if she's about to deliver now. No mention of the baby daddy. Did she get married? I can't imagine that her own dad is too happy about all this.

    And I'm glad she didn't win fan fav after that stunt at the final TC. What was the point of that? Just to humiliate Dawn? Not like it was going to change her vote. She could have just stuck to words. Supposedly in her Ponderose video she was all ok about stuff, and then that? yikes.
    ilja likes this.

  5. #35
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    At the start of the season she said she wished as her "luxury item" she could've brought a picture of her fiancee. I just went back and read that earlier. I also noticed she did have a ring on her "ring finger" last night. Was it an engagement ring or a wedding ring? I couldn't tell. She's happy - I'm happy for her (though I do still think what she demanded of Dawn at final TC was absolutely despicable and she forever changed my opinion of her).
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 05-14-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    ilja likes this.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  6. #36
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So, yes, she didn't get pregnant on the island...or at Ponderosa... And yes, I started counting backwards also! She got pregnant in mid to late August if she's about to deliver now. No mention of the baby daddy. Did she get married? I can't imagine that her own dad is too happy about all this.

    And I'm glad she didn't win fan fav after that stunt at the final TC. What was the point of that? Just to humiliate Dawn? Not like it was going to change her vote. She could have just stuck to words. Supposedly in her Ponderose video she was all ok about stuff, and then that? yikes.
    I'm sorry, but

    To me that gave me the idea that a fellow contestant could be the father.

  7. #37
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,321

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And I'm glad she didn't win fan fav after that stunt at the final TC. What was the point of that? Just to humiliate Dawn?
    No, it was to find out whether Dawn lied to Brenda at the time about the importance of Dawn's teeth, and it turned out that Dawn did lie. Brenda also wanted to know if she really was in control of whether Dawn stayed in the game and it turned out she wasn't (because Dawn lied to her about it). Brenda needed to know, and forcing the issue about the teeth was the only way to know for sure. It was an interesting point to me, because depending on Dawn's answer about whether she would have stepped down would tell the jury she was either a complete wuss or a complete fake.
    holly71 likes this.

  8. #38
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks
    It was an interesting point to me, because depending on Dawn's answer about whether she would have stepped down would tell the jury she was either a complete wuss or a complete fake.
    That's the point, Brenda gave Dawn a no-win situation. If Dawn takes out her teeth, she's a liar, if she doesn't, Brenda saved her game. It was manipulative and was done for no reason but revenge and humiliation. I'm glad to hear Brenda did apologize for that move to Dawn at Ponderosa... as Dawn apologized to her. That Jeff turned it into something bigger than it was, was dumb.
    ilja and Midol like this.

  9. #39
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,321

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    That's the point, Brenda gave Dawn a no-win situation. If Dawn takes out her teeth, she's a liar, if she doesn't, Brenda saved her game. It was manipulative and was done for no reason but revenge and humiliation.
    It was not done for revenge or humiliation. It's entirely DAWN's fault it was a no-win situation FOR DAWN. Brenda needed to know the answer. Whether Dawn would remove her teeth was the only way to get to that answer and know for sure.
    Florimel likes this.

  10. #40
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

    When you dislike a person, it colors the way you view everything they do.
    holly71 and ilja like this.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.