+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Brenda - Caramoan (Favorite)

I don't know what method she was using either, if she was, but I do believe she could have lasted another hour.

FORT Fogey

I think making that snorkel thing with her hands was what won it for her. She got into position, assured she could breathe, and then didn't move. Not moving her hands kept her snorkel thingy more water-tight. It looked like she had a couple more inches of air than anybody else.
    holly71, spockwhat and ilja like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She also had an advantage over say Phillip in being able to get into that one leg hooked pose and maintain it fairly easily because of her size. Phillip's body is just too long to attain that pose. Plus women have that concentration of body fat on their chests that helps hold them pressed up against the bars with less effort than it takes for men. I wonder if she'd even practiced that snorkel thing at home.... it's not a new challenge.... But I agree, she seemed very "zen".

I thought she was very good. I knew she was going to win.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was also impressed with both her an Andrea. I really admired Andrea for going down, and then coming back up to try again. Brenda was just in the zone...until Eddie swamped her with a wave when Jeff told someone to tell her she was the winner.

Something about the shape of her face, a more pointy chin and nose, allowed her nose to stick further through the bars than others. Meditation, maybe... she just had no reason to panic because the water level covered everyone else before it covered her.

She was very calm and caring with Dawn when Dawn was freaking out. She may be a nonentity in this season but she's definitely made me like her both for her challenge skills and her demeanor. I don't remember a lot about Brenda from her first season though.
    kev89 and Jaceegirl like this.

I also noticed that Dawn called out for Brenda, meaning that she clearly trusts her. I mentioned this in another thread, but she must be playing a great social game, especially when she was on the outs of Spies R Us and voted with Francesca and Brandon way back at the first tribal council. She probably won't win, since the editors never give a winner an invisible edit, but she probably deserves more screen time with the game she's playing.

Her first season I think was in Nicaragua, I know it was the season Fabio won. She played a much more aggressive game, and was actually my pick to win when they merged, but she ended up getting blindsided fairly early in the jury. That might be why she's playing a much quieter game this time, but I do remember her being very strategic.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I usually forget to come down here to post on the individual threads. Brenda has definitely won my vote for Fan Favorite this season. I really wished she had won it all. She played a great game, was kind and completely unselfish. She was my kind of player. I would love to see her get another chance, and I'm not one who usually likes returning players.
    Florimel, Jexter and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I usually forget to come down here to post on the individual threads. Brenda has definitely won my vote for Fan Favorite this season. I really wished she had won it all. She played a great game, was kind and completely unselfish. She was my kind of player. I would love to see her get another chance, and I'm not one who usually likes returning players.
    Brenda's ouster was probably one of he only ones I've ever felt bad about in sort an emotional way in all the years I've been watching this show. Love her and would like to see her get a second chance at playing the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast