+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    When it comes to Brandon, his behaviour, and his motivation for doing what he did, I think any and all of the theories probably apply to some degree. Is he hot-tempered and unable to control himself when he loses it? Check. Was he egged on by Phillip, who could easily have diffused the situation being the "older and wiser" person he keeps saying he is? Check. Did Brandon plan to best his uncle Russell and provide some tv moments that would be even more shocking? I would say absolutely that's a possibility. Is he mentally unbalanced? Nobody could know for sure of course, but obviously he has serious issues, so check that one as well. Was he merely providing "good tv" as he claims? Absolutely I would say that was part of the scenario at least in his mind. Is he a narcissist like his uncle, who thrives on attention, even when it is negative? Yes.

I find him and the other Hantzes abhorrent at this point, but for some reason I still feel sorry for Brandon. This is a pretty sad road to try to get fame, attention, accolades. Kardashians of reality tv indeed.
    I really like your post.

I think Brandon should fade away. But with everyone interviewing him( as we know they would) TV, paper, radio, he is going to think what he is doing, good or bad works .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wish he would too, Fanny. But it's hard, I imagine, when your sense of self is so wrapped up in the whole reality-tv persona. He went on the show too young, with too much baggage, and obviously with a fragile and damaged psyche. Who could he have become, with better role models and without the "fame" he's taken on by being a reality tv nutjob? Who knows. That's the sad thing, I think.
    holly71 and Fanny Mare like this.

If Brandon had just kept his mouth shut and walked away like Philip did he would have been in this game a lot longer. It makes me wonder if he hadn't planned this "blowup" on purpose. I don't know what it really achieves except maybe the 15 minutes of fame he thinks he should have. I personally would never hire him for a job or want him near me, children or members of my family in case he explodes. I hope he does not have access to any guns or rifles because I can see him going postal and then crying about how wrong it was afterwards.
    holly71 and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I wish he would too, Fanny. But it's hard, I imagine, when your sense of self is so wrapped up in the whole reality-tv persona. He went on the show too young, with too much baggage, and obviously with a fragile and damaged psyche. Who could he have become, with better role models and without the "fame" he's taken on by being a reality tv nutjob? Who knows. That's the sad thing, I think.
    I think in order to keep the viewers entertained, they need to push the envelope. I said one day, reality TV will have something so shocking on, it will turn people off. But no, the Brandon's or Omarosa on Apprentice, the people with ugly personalities, and added problems in their lives are now key to ratings
    -Andy Rooney-

I don’t really agree with the whole “medication” theory. Yeah, Brandon went a little overboard, but at least he spoke exactly what was on his mind, like so many people are deathly afraid to do these days. Whenever somebody does, so many people jump to the buzzword “meltdown”.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

This last episode has definitely blurred the line between "Survivor" and "Jerry Springer". And, that is not a good thing.
    Florimel likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I thought it was funny how Jeff was giving Brandon a shoulder massage with that creepy smile on his face.

I just listened to a pod cast with Brandon. It was weird. Brandon is so proud of himself and his actions. He said his Uncle Russell and all the rest of his family was very proud of him. He went on and on about how wonderful his life is now and how he got his wife pregnant 3 months after he was back home. (That's the way he said it.) He talked about the new baby girl due soon. He also said that he had and wife had just reconciled when he left to do the show.

I hope he never appears on my TV again. And after hearing that pod cast, I never want to hear his voice or read another interview.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I thought it was funny how Jeff was giving Brandon a shoulder massage with that creepy smile on his face.
    I though Jeff had total control of Brandon, I didn't find the creepy in the least.
    Brooks, AZ Dream and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Brandon acted like a jerk, plain & simple.
    The way he acted at challenge/elimination, whatever you want to call it, was just him being ticked off & not wanting to leave quietly. That I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the way he behaved at camp.
    Threatening to burn the shelter down & everyone's belongings, pee in the rice or beans, those were unacceptable by any standards. Other peoples's stuff & their physical wellbeing is off limits. What he DID do: dumping the rice & beans, is like a spoiled bratty child doing vandalism. No excuse for that.

I have no problem with ranting, raving, name calling, refusing to do anything, or stomping around. That's just spouting anger. It's like the old saying: "Sticks & stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." It's just words. At worst they are upsetting, but basically harmless.
    But interfering with other people's, or the group's property, or their health is on a different level. A level that shouldn't happen. It's going over the line of acceptability. People should be able to trust that those things are safe.

As to his statement earlier that he wanted to go back to his family: When will these people get it. If they aren't going to be willing to stay the whole time DON'T GO ON THE SHOW!! Leave your spot for someone else who actually wants to participate.
    If someone can't stand to be away from loved ones or comfort DON'T GO ON THE SHOW!!

What's wrong with these people anyhow? Don't they realize that they have gotten an opportunity that many many others would love to have?
    A bunch of crybaby wimps is what people like him are.
    Dragonlady, AZChristian and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread