+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

Re: Brandon - Caramoan (Favorite)

However he reacted and appeared, I think he was coached from somewhere ---
    "No matter what, be the master of your own destiny".

Too bad he also got a dash of, "It's okay to go crazy on them."
    (Either that or he thought that up himself while off his meds.)

I felt, up to the very end, that he was working some kind of a personal script, right down to the foreshadowing.

Anybody else see it that way?

A little bit, I think production helped him out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I don't know exactly how this meltdown came about and what all contributed to it, but I've been appalled by Brandon's interviews. According to Brandon, he watched the episode with Russell and other friends & family, Russell was supposedly PROUD of Brandon's behaviour, and Brandon himself is over the moon proud of his actions and thinks destroying the camp and food supply was funny and enjoyable viewing. He thinks he is now a "mega-hero".

This is NOT acceptable behaviour and his attitude after the fact is even more reprehensible. I wanted to give this kid the benefit of the doubt and hoped that he could redeem himself. Well now, I just want him off my screen and I do NOT want to see him again, EVER.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Scary to think of his kids watching this as well....

They are probably used to it....I can see him being this way in "real" life. If he does not get his way then the tantrums start.
    holly71 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Scary to think of his kids watching this as well....
    He's is back with his wife, and they are expecting child #3.I dont think he wanted to be there -the more I read, the more positive I am
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think if the producers are smart (but as we've seen they're not) they will NOT have the Hantz brothers there if they have Brandon actually at the event. There is IMHO FAR TOO MUCH potential liability there as I can see any of the three hitting Phillip or causing chaos toward the other castaways.
    There was a time when I would have agreed with you about this outcome. But no longer.
    I think TPTB would delight in having a free-for-all or some kind of disruption that the Hantz people seem to love to do. Seems now shows want the most outrageous thing that may never have happened before on tv. Think of all the buzz it would generate. A dream come true for them.
    (I think watching reality shows have definitely helped me become more skeptical and cynical.)
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    If we bar him, we bar Phillip who was also a huge instigator of this incident.

That said, Jeff has said in the past that the reunion IS optional to begin with (this based on Jerri's second appearance and walking out when people booed her - even though she WAS right in her comment that we don't know her in reality), so Brandon might not come if he didn't want to.

Production may be factoring here as far as the reunion.
    I disagree, but we all have our opinions. I think if he is not allowed, Phillip shouldn't be either
    I disagree with about Phillip. Yes, he did egg Brandon on, but Brandon made the choice to take the bait (not to mention, Brandon's actions affected EVERYONE in his camp,not just Phillip). The kid is nuts, but as we have read, he's PROUD of how he acted. No one can blame Phillip for that. Anyone that was a reasonable person outside the game would have looked back at this realized they were wrong & that they let the game & another player get under their skin, or whatever. But the fact that he's proud of this shows that he's not taking responsibility for his own actions. Just because you don't like someone & they rub you the wrong way, doesn't mean you get a free pass to flip out on them & on anyone else who happens to be nearby. What's he gonna do when someone eggs him on in real life? Beat the hell out of them, or worse? He's gotta get control of his emotional outbursts.
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    There was a time when I would have agreed with you about this outcome. But no longer.
    I think TPTB would delight in having a free-for-all or some kind of disruption that the Hantz people seem to love to do. Seems now shows want the most outrageous thing that may never have happened before on tv. Think of all the buzz it would generate. A dream come true for them.
    I think watching reality shows have definitely helped me become more skeptical and cynical.)
    I look for things I never did at one time. Its amazing what we all see though, watching the same show, three people can see there different things.
    -Andy Rooney-

When it comes to Brandon, his behaviour, and his motivation for doing what he did, I think any and all of the theories probably apply to some degree. Is he hot-tempered and unable to control himself when he loses it? Check. Was he egged on by Phillip, who could easily have diffused the situation being the "older and wiser" person he keeps saying he is? Check. Did Brandon plan to best his uncle Russell and provide some tv moments that would be even more shocking? I would say absolutely that's a possibility. Is he mentally unbalanced? Nobody could know for sure of course, but obviously he has serious issues, so check that one as well. Was he merely providing "good tv" as he claims? Absolutely I would say that was part of the scenario at least in his mind. Is he a narcissist like his uncle, who thrives on attention, even when it is negative? Yes.

I find him and the other Hantzes abhorrent at this point, but for some reason I still feel sorry for Brandon. This is a pretty sad road to try to get fame, attention, accolades. Kardashians of reality tv indeed.

+ Reply to Thread