+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

With the new season coming soon, there's already rumors as to who's coming back.

The returnees apparently are:

Andrea - RI

Brandon Hantz - South Pacific

Brenda - Nicaragua

Corinne - Gabon

Dawn - South Pacific

Erik - first Fans vs Favs. Guy who gave up Immunity and got voted out.

Francesca - RI. First boot in her season. How in the world is she a favorite?

Cochran - South Pacific

Malcolm - Philippines

Phillip - RI

Some good choices. No winners and no three-timers.

FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

The favorites are people who they can get to come back. I don't remember most of these people but when I see their faces I might. Brandon Hantz was NOT a favorite. Cochran I like, very much. I am not into seeing Malcom again.

Oh, please, not Corrine. Please. And Brandon? Crazy Phillip? UGH

I'm glad Malcolm is getting a 2nd chance, but I fear he will go down in flames with the fans because of it. It always seems to happen with popular returning players.

And forgive me, but how are Dawn and Francesca fan faves? For that matter, how is Corinne? She was just a despicable person while on her season.

Cochran I can see, as people seemed to love his underdog story. I am curious how he will fare if he doesn't have that story this time around? Is he in fact the mastermind at this game that people seemed to think he could be?

I think I'll be rooting for a new player if this is the group of returnees we get. I love Malcolm and hope he does well, and I didn't mind Brenda on her season, but the rest are blah.

FORT Fogey

I wish I had the memory you have, sweetpea!
    Allie and french dip like this.

FORT Fogey

I just looked up everyone's photos. Ah yes, my memory comes flooding back. Oh my, what a crew. Clearly these were the only takers.

I have a feeling that these were players interested in playing again who were not winners previously, as mentioned elsewhere not too old to compete (yes, I could see Rudy try a third time except he's 84 and sorry, this is too tough even for an ex-Marine at that age).

Brandon I don't mind returning - in fact I'd find it hilarious if he won to irritate the heck out of Russell.

Cochran fortunately is NOT the person I thought he was - the one who supposedly had gas when it was appendicitis flare ups.

Erik... well, he's one I would like to see at least get a second chance if nothing else to keep hold of an II this go.

I found Phillip funny quite honestly with his antics, so I wouldn't mind him returning.

Corrinne... honestly WHY? She and a few others are showing that whole "we're the dregs of choosing this year" sadly. From Gabon Sugar would've been more entertaining AND she was a fan favorite (underdog even). I would say here she was not considered because she was a final three contestant.

Malcolm I'm OK with; however if they filmed these two seasons close together there is a huge chance that Malcolm won't go far because they worry about another Hantz in the making (regardless if Brandon is there).

I really don't think many of these folk are fans - entertaining in some cases but not fan faves. Could be trying to ensure that a fan wins this go. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I wish I had the memory you have, sweetpea!
    I wish I didn't have any memory of Corrine. Just look up her FTC speech to Sugar and it will all come flooding back. I'm just really irritated that they would bring her back. It's only because they want drama, and that makes me really po'd.
    Shoepie and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh, please, not Corrine. Please. And Brandon? Crazy Phillip? UGH

I'm glad Malcolm is getting a 2nd chance, but I fear he will go down in flames with the fans because of it. It always seems to happen with popular returning players.

And forgive me, but how are Dawn and Francesca fan faves? For that matter, how is Corinne? She was just a despicable person while on her season.

Cochran I can see, as people seemed to love his underdog story. I am curious how he will fare if he doesn't have that story this time around? Is he in fact the mastermind at this game that people seemed to think he could be?

I think I'll be rooting for a new player if this is the group of returnees we get. I love Malcolm and hope he does well, and I didn't mind Brenda on her season, but the rest are blah.
    I don't have the memory you do either with the exception of Brandon, crazy Phillip, Cochran and the one I was rooting for this entire season Malcolm. Still disappointed that he did not win at least fan favorite. I love Malcolm and hope he does well, but wonder since he just came off this season. I will have to look the others up.

I was not crazy about Brandon, crazy Phillip or Cochran and it sounds like the rest are not popular choices with the rest of you who do remember them. Guess I will be rooting for Malcolm or someone new.

Of the potential returnees we are seeing:

Cochran...let's see if he is viewed as a strategist this time or just a whimpy guy. It will be interesting to see his game.
    Brandon...just hope he is not targeted right away because he is a Hantz and made to be the crazy person again. I actually think he and Cochran might be a good teaming.
    Philip will no doubt annoy me after a while...it will be interesting to see if he will play a different game or just play up the crazy in the hopes of being carried to F3 again.
    Brenda, Andrea, Dawn, Corrine, Eric...not really interested in any of them.
    Malcolm...eye candy and a nice guy. I will be interested to see if/how he plays a different game this time and if he will be edited as favourably. This is exactly like Russell Hantz when did back to back seasons and people didn't know his game play. Russell was grouped in the Villians tribe so that was a hint and though this season Malcolm is different, if the fans are truly fans, they may kick him out quickly because of what happened with RH.
    Francesca...now her I am actually interested in seeing. I was a fan of hers and thought she was shafted because of Phillip, but she seemed like a intelligent player with lots of potential. First time in a long time that an African American woman wasn't cast as the crazy bitch (see Nanonka) or the lovable social player (a la Cerie). Now admittedly she was voted off first, but she was at RI for several more episodes and continued to carry herself well. Let's see if she and Phillip pair up and if he has learned how to pronounce her name!

It does seem as if the cast from RI and South Pacific have an advantage since they each have three returnees...if we are right about the cast. They could team up amongst themselves and/or with the other group of three to take the rest. I am again assuming that the Fans will be paired up together on one team and the returning players teamed on the other...and I am assuming that they are smart enough to play together without the baggage they may have against each other from their first go arounds.
    mindy384 likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ICochran fortunately is NOT the person I thought he was - the one who supposedly had gas when it was appendicitis flare ups.
    You're thinking of Colton. I'm certain CBS has him on stand-by for a Heroes vs. Villains season.

I like about half of the choices for the next season... but I wouldn't label many of these people as "favorites". That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Malcolm do well. He'll have the same advantage that the Anti-Christ... er, Russell Hantz, had in his second go round: that the other contestants wouldn't have seen his season and can't pass any judgments accordingly.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast