+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Word is, the people they chose... they are more about 'second chances' than favourites. This makes sense for all the returnees. The producers didn't want to change the 'fans vs. favourites' title though, hence why we have a title that doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Word is, the people they chose... they are more about 'second chances' than favourites. This makes sense for all the returnees. The producers didn't want to change the 'fans vs. favourites' title though, hence why we have a title that doesn't fit.
    If that is true then I don't know what the producers are thinking. Everyone who has been on Survivor a single time and not won could be given a second chance. I really don't see anything special about this group of returnees that makes them stand out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe they are not happy about their "image" in some way? Cochran the Survivor expert who got played? Phillip who looked like a fool? Corinne who looked like a &itch? So a second chance to play as their "real" selves?
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

That's an interesting point. Maybe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, more realistically, these were the best they could do for returnees...the others, like Yul, had gone on to have demanding lives with no time off possible for Survivor even if they wanted to do it.

Breast Cancer Awareness! Passepartout's Avatar

Corrine I feel bad for her parents. As it is like Abi. Her mom seemed a sweetheart. But Corrine is really a you know what! Anybody BUT her!
    Breast Cancer Awareness!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe they are not happy about their "image" in some way? Cochran the Survivor expert who got played? Phillip who looked like a fool? Corinne who looked like a &itch? So a second chance to play as their "real" selves?
    Totally, or they just made really stupid, stupid errors like Eric. Not everyone makes those. This group really does stand out as making crazy mistakes or just being crazy. More than your average joe who got voted out along the way. I Just think it's dumb to call them favourites when they mostly aren't.

Maybe I'm posting out of bias because I am glad Phillip actually responded to a message I sent him (<333), but,

I actually think he's a good looking man. He looks good for his age and I like his eyes, too. They are what, dark blue or something? Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    If that is true then I don't know what the producers are thinking. Everyone who has been on Survivor a single time and not won could be given a second chance. I really don't see anything special about this group of returnees that makes them stand out.
    Over on EV Popwatch the last series of articles about Survivor Philippines (Articles include, Malcolm, Skupin, Lisa, Denise and Jeff Probst) Jeff Probst states that the shows that include returnees actually have higher ratings than those that do not and that is why in the foreseeable future Survivor seasons will have returnees.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There's still no news on any of the fans, really. Nothing new.

But since the season is starting in February, the cast reveal might be a couple weeks from now. I can't wait to see Phillip and Brenda's cast photos. <33

+ Reply to Thread