+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Re: Survivor 26 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Phillip - Please don't let him have the pink panties...please.

Brandon - Why do we have to have another hantz?
    Oh I forgot about the pink britches. CBS - hear our plea: Make sure Phillip wears swimming boxers as well as boxer shorts over any type of briefs he has this season!

Brandon I think is getting a second chance (if this is true) because of Russell's attack on him during the reunion show. Jeff et al probably think he should get a second chance to prove Russell wrong. If that's the reason I'm against it though. He wasn't as bad as the other two Hantzes IMHO, but I can see why he's not liked.

(I doubt though he's hotheaded enough to get thrown out, and I doubt unless he physically accosted someone he wouldn't be ejected - especially when I saw Russell Swan and Ozzy DESTROY sets on the show, which in other shows such as "Big Brother" is an ejectable offense).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I would like to have seen Bill from Survivor: One World return. I thought he got the short end of the stick by being bullied and targeted by Colton, which lead to his too early ouster. I'd like to see him given a chance to return. I don't know if the show asked him to return and he declined or what.

Kourtney from the same season deserved a second chance. She got injured in the first challenge and removed from the game so we hardly got to know her. I remember liking her at the time and bieng sad she was out so soon.

One-legged Kelly (the one NaOnka knocked over to get to a clue) would be another one I'd like to have back for a second chance.
    Kourtney is fighting cancer - she found out not too long after being voted out (probably during the X-ray or a blood test I don't know). I don't think she would return because of that - it wasn't too long ago and her immunity could still be down enough it'd be dangerous for her to compete. (If this wasn't a factor I'd agree with you).

Agree on Kelly and I'd agree with Christy, the young hearing impaired woman in the Amazon season. She'd have to remember not to be wishy-washy though (which was similar to what Penner did). I think she'd made it to the end if not closer had she alligned with a side.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Exactly - and Jerri had a Renaissance her last appearance. I really wish she had made it to the final council instead of being just shy of it (I think she was out at four). She may have won that season (I think heroes/villains?) had she been there. I actually voted her for fan fave (either online or in my heart) because of it.

But no - Corinne I never liked. She's really one of the only ones I don't want to see return.

I just googled her because I didn't know who she was. UGH! I do remember her now - she was a beyotch!

I only know who 5 of these people are & even then I wouldn't call them favorites by any stretch of the imagination.
    I'll probably watch the first episode & decide if I want to invest in the season.

This past season I thought they made 3 great choices in returnees. All 3 I felt were interesting, & as to Penner:
    I also thought Lisa & Jeff were good & interesting contestant choices. They had me at cast introduction.
    Florimel, kev89, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I think it's shaping up to be a fun Season. Cochran should be fun, Brandon will probably be fighting his demons still, I LOVED Dawn, Phillip will either try to redeem himself or totally go off the deep end and Francesca - I was sorry to see her go, I thought she was going to be interesting.

Good times!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

To tell the truth, there are also boot spoilers out there I've read, such as who makes the jury, who goes pre-merge, and even already a F3. I don't know if I should talk about that here though yet.
    Shoepie and spockwhat like this.

Hmm, interesting group. Just my thoughts:

Andrea- I really liked her the first time, thought she had the potential to be a great player if the rest of her tribe wasn't under Rob's control. Excited to see what she does with a second chance.

Brandon Hantz- Honestly, I feel sorry for the guy, I think he's got some issues, and I hated the way both his father and Uncle Russell berated his game. I was hoping Probst and company grew out of their Hantz obsession phase as well, I don't dislike Brandon, but I'm really not looking forward to seeing him, or any other member of the Hantz clan, again.

Brenda- I thought she was a great strategist, and was actually my pick to win it all when they merged. I'm very excited to see what she does.

Corrine- Ugh, there are villains who are fun to watch, and then there are others who are just painful to watch. Corrinne falls into the latter, and I'm really not happy she's playing again at all.

Dawn- I liked her, though if we're going with a stronger older woman, I would have preferred to see Holly from Nicaragua again. Still not a bad choice.

Erik- I still say he made the dumbest move in Survivor history...well no, I'd say Colton and the men giving up immunity has now surpassed Erik's blunder. Still, I've been wanting Erik to come back and get a shot at redemption for a while now, so I'm happy to see him.

Francesca- Who? This is kind of odd. I do like the idea of a season made up of medevacs and people who were voted out early, but that's not what this season is supposed to be about, and there's no one else who fits that description. I think this is the strangest choice, I'd feel really bad for her if she gets voted out first again, I think she'd be the only player to get voted out first twice.

Cochran- I was kind of let down when he didn't play a very good game despite being such a huge fan. Still, I am excited to see if he learned from his first time and what he can do this time around.

Malcolm- Cool, way to foreshadow this at the reunion Jeff Looking at the history of Survivor players who played two seasons in a row, I'd say the Malcolm fans here will be able to enjoy him for quite some time next season.

Phillip- I actually found him hilarious, and I knew he'd be back someday. I just wish they'd have him on a tribe with Coach and/or Tarzan...could you imagine the three of them interacting? I will agree with other posters that I hope he will be provided with more appropiate swimwear

Overall, this is a pretty good group. Two choices I do not like, and there's one that just confuses me, but I like everyone else. I still think they need to take a break from returning players, but this cast could be a lot worse.
    Rabid Dingo likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    To tell the truth, there are also boot spoilers out there I've read, such as who makes the jury, who goes pre-merge, and even already a F3. I don't know if I should talk about that here though yet.
    I appreciate this... since I really only want to know who the cast is, and that is why I popped in. I don't usually read spoilers, but have checked out the first five boots before because it doesn't affect the outcome of the game too much.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Kev, I agree with most of your assessments a couple of posts up and will only comment on the ones I differ from than you (or I want to ramble on about. :p)

Brandon Hantz: I really don't mind this kid getting a second chance here and I think it'll be interesting to see if he has grown at all from his first shot at the game. He is a couple of years older (and hopefully wiser) so we'll see. If it continues to be a case of Brandon battling the demons of Hantz's past, I will tire of him quickly.

Corrine: As someone mentioned earlier, a great villian has a sense of vulnerability along with their bitchiness or insanity. Corrine is acting the part, and she acts way too hard and it's hardly convincing. Along with others, I simply do not want her back. Laura M. from Somoa was a similar character, but smarter, I think. She may have been a better choice if they really needed a female villian.

Cochran: count me in for wanting him back. Heck, he's just entertaining.

Malcolm: O.k. More Malcolm... does he even need to change up his game? Maybe he'll make a tight alliance with Dawn day one and their tribe will get decimated and then they'll get split up and get back togther and then she'll kick his butt to the curb at final 3 and she'll win the whole thing.
    A person can dream.

Phillip: I could live without another demonstration of his secret service skills. *sighs*
    Midol likes this.

I think Corrine is just what we need to keep morons like Colton in line. I hope she doesn't join forces with him!

Malcolm will be an unknown to the others. That could make him a serious liability in their minds.

+ Reply to Thread