+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Luck also plays a huge part in a game like this...Lisa ending up at Final 3 shows that....she really didn't belong there, given her game play...but you often see this. People just happen to be in the right place at the right time, fly under the radar, etc.
    Malcolm was The Best Player of this season. He lost because he was the Main Threat...but I think like Boston Rob, he will be back and he will win sometime.
    Penner became just a mean little man. Let's hope they don't bring him back again....and the same goes for Russel Hantz.
    And everybody else who's been there too many times.
    Bring me fresh meat!
    I agree that luck plays a huge role in Survivor too. Looking back at 25 seasons, I'd say there are three things one needs to win Survivor...determination to suffer through the elements (something which the people who quit lacked), good social skills, and a lot of luck. Malcolm played an excellent game, but he was a victim of bad luck in there being a challenge he had no shot of winning at the end. It's not fair, but that's the how this game goes.

I feel like I'm the only one who still likes Penner, lol. I do agree that he probably shouldn't come back, four times is too much. Even three times is too much, I think Penner was the only player who deserved to play three times, and that's only because of what happened his second season. Absolutley, just give us some seasons with all new players CBS! If they have to bring players back, I'd rather it be medevacs and/or some of the more interesting people who were voted out early instead of "Favorites" or "All Stars"

I greatly dislike Penner's comments and attitude at the FTC, but I still admit I love his PIs and his funny comments during challenges and tribal councils, especially to Probst.

But then again, I adore Boston Rob so what do I know?
    JLuvs, Moontat, mesachick and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Penner. His first season, I LOVED the guy... best quotes and soundbites ever. He trusted the wrong person and it led him astray, but he made a great story out of it in the end. However, being a big fan of his, and hearing he visited a site and posted there, I wanted to go and see what kind of stuff he said. Well, he was rude, idiotic, and distasteful with many of his comments on the site, (in the manner of a bratty teenage boy that seem to inhabit the place), and ate up the garbage his superfans spewed with a spoon. I really have a love/hate thing with Penner now.
    On the one hand, he's intelligent, well-spoken, and hilarious(!), and I was kind of hoping he would make it to the point where his wife could visit this season because he is ADORABLE with his wife. He gives the impression of being a caring and loving family man.
    On the other hand, he's a self-serving and pompous jackass sometimes. I think it's just Penner. The good and bad weigh out. But boy, his wife must be a patient person... or she can simply look at the good, and ignore the idiocy.
    Spockwhat, can you tell us what site you were referring to? I'd love to read what he had to say. I don't hate Penner but am sorely disappointed in his little bitter speeches.

Re: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Tribal councils usually go on for ages and we see just a speck of it. Anyone know if we're getting all of final TC (whether in the same order or not)?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Dragonlady, it was Survivor Sucks. Good luck going in there, I hope you make it out alive.

Kidding, Sucksters. This is why we all have different sites we go to and enjoy. Oh, and the joy goes back to his first season, so those posts would be old.

Just watched the season finale and the start of the reunion show. Does anyone else think that Pender's speech cost Lisa some votes?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Also read some articles over at EW Popwatch about how Denise was getting all the votes regardless of the speeches given out at the Final Tribal Council. As for Artis, the not angry black man (per his comments at the reunion) he sure was angry at both Skupin and Lisa and now looking back he basically said neither were getting his vote.

Glad that Lisa won fan favorite and it was not automatically given to Malcolm cause all the females voting thought he was cute.

Also looking forward to seeing Lisa co-host some of Jeff Probst's show during January.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Also read some articles over at EW Popwatch about how Denise was getting all the votes regardless of the speeches given out at the Final Tribal Council. As for Artis, the not angry black man (per his comments at the reunion) he sure was angry at both Skupin and Lisa and now looking back he basically said neither were getting his vote.

Glad that Lisa won fan favorite and it was not automatically given to Malcolm cause all the females voting thought he was cute.

Also looking forward to seeing Lisa co-host some of Jeff Probst's show during January.
    I didn't know she was co-hosting, good to hear
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread