+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    That and I have a feeling with as nasty as the entire jury was that she'd actually pulled off a win, and with her entitled attitude and poor game play (worse than Lisa and Skupin - and I mean physical AND social) it'd be the worst win ever.

And honestly I think even deep down inside both knew that was a huge possibility so at least if you don't win, have a winner who actually DID earn the right to be there in the spirit of the game.

Both could've beaten Denise I think had they just not had a petty jury. It's why I respect RC and the person who voted for Mike (Jeff?)
    Carter voted for Skoopin
    jadewarlock likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

When's the last time the leader of the F3 didn't lose because of a bitter jury?

Well, last season, right? With Kim. Although in that case I kind of wish she did.

I said it once and I'll say it again - The only time I like bitter juries are when Russell is involved in an F3 scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My opinion of Penner dropped like a lead ball after that. Unnecessary. It wasn't as if HE were competing against her at that point, don't understand the motive.
    I have zero respect for Penner now. I had no idea he was an actor, but after reading some of these posts I searched him on IMDB.com. HOLY COW! His acting credentials put Lisa's to shame. I sure didn't see him mention that on any of the THREE seasons he's been on. He is a scumbag to call her out in the final TC like that. I'm not even a fan of Lisa either...what a hipocrite he is!
    Kocky_Kamikaze, GabbyG and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    When's the last time the leader of the F3 didn't lose because of a bitter jury?

Well, last season, right? With Kim. Although in that case I kind of wish she did.

I said it once and I'll say it again - The only time I like bitter juries are when Russell is involved in an F3 scenario.
    Was last season's jury really that bitter though? If my memory is right, Redemption Island's jury was pretty bitter, though Rob did take two people the jury had no respect for, so they had no choice but to vote for him. That's one way to take on a bitter jury, but one that's really not fun to watch.

While bitter juries are not fair, they are part of the human interaction aspect of the game. The way I see it, whoever gets the most jury votes deserves to win. Doesn't matter why they got those votes. If they're votes aganist the other finalists, then they deserve to lose for being so disliked by those jurors.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Carter voted for Skoopin
    OK, then respect for Carter - even more than when he also gave up food to help the tribe not once but twice.
    Florimel and jucamer like this.

Luck also plays a huge part in a game like this...Lisa ending up at Final 3 shows that....she really didn't belong there, given her game play...but you often see this. People just happen to be in the right place at the right time, fly under the radar, etc.
    Malcolm was The Best Player of this season. He lost because he was the Main Threat...but I think like Boston Rob, he will be back and he will win sometime.
    Penner became just a mean little man. Let's hope they don't bring him back again....and the same goes for Russel Hantz.
    And everybody else who's been there too many times.
    Bring me fresh meat!
    GabbyG likes this.

To the Point

Dragonlady, you are absolutely right, Penner did become just a mean little man. He may have done it for the drama, but it did not play well. It just seemed incredibly petty. I've never been a "fan" exactly, but I could at least respect the game play. His actions at the FTC flew in the face of that.
    Kiz likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Apparantly I lost the ability to post through Chrome. But I'm on IE and I'm back and I'll chime in... late to the party.

I agree with most so I won't go into to too much detail. I'm happy with Denise winning... she played a great game, physically, socially and strategically, she was the strongest of the three. Lisa tried to play... but was to wishy-washy throughout for me to be happy if she won. I am pleased for her that she won fan favourite. Skupin, well, I've spent the entire season trying to figure out what game he was playing, and I'm still not sure. "I can beat Malcolm in the final three", my ass.

Penner. His first season, I LOVED the guy... best quotes and soundbites ever. He trusted the wrong person and it led him astray, but he made a great story out of it in the end. However, being a big fan of his, and hearing he visited a site and posted there, I wanted to go and see what kind of stuff he said. Well, he was rude, idiotic, and distasteful with many of his comments on the site, (in the manner of a bratty teenage boy that seem to inhabit the place), and ate up the garbage his superfans spewed with a spoon. I really have a love/hate thing with Penner now.
    On the one hand, he's intelligent, well-spoken, and hilarious(!), and I was kind of hoping he would make it to the point where his wife could visit this season because he is ADORABLE with his wife. He gives the impression of being a caring and loving family man.
    On the other hand, he's a self-serving and pompous jackass sometimes. I think it's just Penner. The good and bad weigh out. But boy, his wife must be a patient person... or she can simply look at the good, and ignore the idiocy.

In any case, I wasn't the least surprised that Penner had those comments at the end. He has a sense of drama, and perhaps was vying for the next "Heroes vs. Villians"... with villians being the key to his ticket back to Survivor.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Well, there's at least two of us, I'm not a Boston Rob fan either. He's a good player sure, but it took him four tries before he finally won lol. I doubt he comes back though, he's probably happy to have finished Survivor on a high note.
    Make it three. I can't stand him and never could in any of his appearances on any show.
    march, GabbyG and kev89 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    As a jury member, I would be very angry and feel duped if I voted for Lisa, she won, and then I found out about her celebrity background. If it is not a big deal then why did you keep it from us? It is a lie by omission when she tells people that she is just a simple christian woman. She was playing everyone. Yes, that is the game but not everyone will accept being played. Someone needed to give the jury that info and Penner did it. It needed to be done.
    Lisa is far from the only celebrity player to not reveal her identity. Offhand, I can think of NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom.. MLB 2nd baseman Jeff Kent, Taj George, married to NFL running back Eddie George and member of platinum record singing group SWV, not to mention Penner with his extensive tv and movie credits as actor, writer, and director. Might also include several doctors, lawyers, and other professional men who kept their jobs secret because competitors might think they didn't need the money. I liked her, I think she played well, and I'm pleased she won fan favorite.
    GabbyG, TripleGemini, ilja and 4 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread