+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    It shouldn't matter, but I honestly think in Lisa's case it did. She had a very good final tribal, and I think she might have gotten more votes if Penner hadn't outed her. She may not have won, but I think she'd have gotten 3 votes at least. But some people have a real problem with giving the money to someone they perceive has a lot of money or someone who's already had his/her fifteen minutes of fame.

I thought what Penner did was childish and beneath who he says he is. I've never thought of him in such high regards as a lot of you all because of the mutiny in his first season. To me that showed his true colors and he's never fully redeemed himself with me. And after his stunt with Lisa, he probably never will. It was a low move and it was personal since he decided to pay her back for not voting out Malcolm instead of him.
    I did post under Lisa's thread, that Jeff thought it was petty. It did show Penners true colors, I agree.
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Denise must have lived under a rock as a little girl to not have recognized it sooner.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I thought what Penner did was childish and beneath who he says he is. I've never thought of him in such high regards as a lot of you all because of the mutiny in his first season. To me that showed his true colors and he's never fully redeemed himself with me. And after his stunt with Lisa, he probably never will. It was a low move and it was personal since he decided to pay her back for not voting out Malcolm instead of him.
    My opinion of Penner dropped like a lead ball after that. Unnecessary. It wasn't as if HE were competing against her at that point, don't understand the motive.
    holly71, NCLurker, Jexter and 9 others like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree! half of those people were anything BUT favorites

BTW, why do these have to be in "spoiler" tags? It's just about who's going to be on the next season, not revealing anything about winning.
    I put them in spoiler tags in case anyone didn't want to know until CBS formally announced it. I didn't want to take a chance at a scolding lol
    SugarMama likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I do agree that Penner was needlessly harsh with Lisa and Skupin, and he was at least partially wrong about Skupin. Yes, he got no votes aganist him, but had Tandang lost one challenge, it would have been him or RC who would have been gone, and when Penner won immunity, Skupin was going to the jury until Lisa tried to blindside Malcolm. Skupin should have challenged that, I think being quiet and allowing Penner to discredit one of his main arguments was his biggest mistake in an otherwise decent final tribal performance.

Final speech aside, I still do hold Penner in high regards. He's always been somewhat of a jerk, but I'd like to think he's a good guy inside. Back on Cook Islands, when he gained notereity by in his words betraying every single person in the game, there was a touching scene I've never forgetten when the sight of a small baby bird brought him to tears. Then this season, he was so kind to Dana as she was forced from the game. None of us know him, so we really don't know what his true colors are, but personally, I'd like to think the nicer Penner is the real Penner.

It shouldn't matter, but I honestly think in Lisa's case it did. She had a very good final tribal, and I think she might have gotten more votes if Penner hadn't outed her. She may not have won, but I think she'd have gotten 3 votes at least. But some people have a real problem with giving the money to someone they perceive has a lot of money or someone who's already had his/her fifteen minutes of fame.

Lisa & everyone else need to understand that there are consequences for your actions, whatever those actions may be. So be prepared for those consequences, or don't do the actions.
    Lisa betrayed Penner to further herself in the game. Nothing wrong with that, it's a game they are all trying to win, not their real life outside the game. But there were consequences for her betrayal: Penner outing her past TV career at Tribal Council & being a bit bitter. Nothing wrong there either. Payback is a b*tch.

I'm not a fan of bitter juries anymore than anyone else, but they all went there for the same reason: To win. Not to be betrayed, smile & say: "Oh well. Who cares. I'd love you to have the Million Dollars instead of me." They make the choice to be cutthroat. They need to be prepared to reap the consequences. It's also part of the game.
    scoot13 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I agree! half of those people were anything BUT favorites
    Favorite is merely the adjective. Half are favorite heroes and half are favorite villains... at least that's the spin I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Lisa & everyone else need to understand that there are consequences for your actions, whatever those actions may be. So be prepared for those consequences, or don't do the actions.
    Lisa betrayed Penner to further herself in the game. Nothing wrong with that, it's a game they are all trying to win, not their real life outside the game. But there were consequences for her betrayal: Penner outing her past TV career at Tribal Council & being a bit bitter. Nothing wrong there either. Payback is a b*tch.

I'm not a fan of bitter juries anymore than anyone else, but they all went there for the same reason: To win. Not to be betrayed, smile & say: "Oh well. Who cares. I'd love you to have the Million Dollars instead of me." They make the choice to be cutthroat. They need to be prepared to reap the consequences. It's also part of the game.
    I agree100%. That still doesn't stop me from thinking what Penner said was petty.He could have said so much more imho. He has a wonderful gift to be able to talk. And he comes up with that .= ( petty)
    holly71, NCLurker, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

In the Malcon thread there is an interview with him that addresses whether the outing of Lisa had an effect on the jury and he says it didn't. Most of them were going to vote for Denise because none thought Supkin or Lisa played a good game. Apparently, it wasn't even close...as the votes showed. In addition, they had no idea just how popular Lisa had been back in the day and didn't find out until after they got back.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

FORT Fogey

My opinion of Penner dropped like a lead ball after that. Unnecessary. It wasn't as if HE were competing against her at that point, don't understand the motive.
    I'm still not convinced Denise deserved victory. I need to put some time between me and the show to think more objectively about it.

Still, Penner had no reason to say what he did. It had nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with the game. It was petty. Lisa handled it FAR more gracefully than I ever would have.

+ Reply to Thread