+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I would guess that winning Fan Favorite meant more to Lisa than winning the million would have. She was looking for answers to life's big questions, one of which seemed to be "does anyone like me for me?" She mentioned many times that she had been acting since she was a child, both on the stage and in her real life as well. It must have been a wonderful confirmation to have America give her that positive answer she needed. Her Sally Field moment.
    While I think Lisa would've been excited to win the million, I kinda felt that it wasn't as big of a deal as say it was for Skupin or Denise (in that order BTW). The $100,000 from fans though would mean more to her because of that self doubt and it showed that she was liked by people. It also is a bit more special because it was close with another generally liked player - Malcolm.

She did put up a great fight though in that final tribal council - to my knowledge this is the first time (or at least a long time) ALL THREE got at least a vote in the final council. That speaks volumes as well as to how these players were perceived by their tribe. All of them were respected at least by one person for their game play - and given none really rode coattails (in spite of Penner saying something to the effect) it made this council exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    According to Wikipedia,Skupin got one vote, Lisa got one vote, everyone else voted for Denise...even Abi, which totally floored me! Abi's made no secret of how much she detests Denise. Then again, Abi pretty much hates everyone but she had to vote for one of the final three. Maybe she did eenie-meenie-miny-moe to decide whose name to write down, or voted for whoever she thought RC would least likely want to win.
    The Dr. Sean effect - which is why Richard Hatch made the final two the first season. That alphabet bit really did come into play that season.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post
    By whose standards, I wonder? Child actors don't make that much money, even if they might be a tv sweetheart...if that. I believe when the show was popular most people like Nancy McKeon over Lisa's.

Oh well, it ultimately didn't matter. Denise won!

Still a great season...regardless of who actually won.

I'll watch another Survivor when it comes back on.

Lisa said early on (either to one of the survivors or in a PI, can't remember) that most of her money was gone, invested badly by those in charge, I think.
    Shoepie likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I haven't watched last night's shows yet (too busy), but I just got to read the comments here. I like that F3 (heck, the F4). I wish Mike had won, but I'm not sure why - maybe it's because he fell in that fire way back, I don't know. All four played a good game, different methods and strengths.

I like that Lisa won the Fan Favorite prize, too. She needed that, jmo. I read a lot of you were shocked, but I wasn't. Lisa's tears were real, her pain was real, and I'm certain that most audience members felt it, too (I know I teared up more than once watching her). She'd just ended her 24-year marriage before leaving for the show. That's huge. While I'm close to Lisa's age, most of the time I forgot she played Blair (I never really watched the show much anyway) - I saw a woman trying to find herself, find her way and a new future. So, I'm not surprised she won it. She seems like a trooper, and maybe that was her low from which she can begin to recover. Enough then. Off to party land, decorated trees, too much food, good cheer, and a new year!

Florimel, GabbyG, Moontat and 3 others like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Lisa said early on (either to one of the survivors or in a PI, can't remember) that most of her money was gone, invested badly by those in charge, I think.
    I remember that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    When the F5 were on Jeff's show, after she walked on, I said Denise won the million. My daughter in law reminded me of that this morning. Denise didn't let anything out, but my gut, and the way she looked told me she was the winner -funny how that happens
    Last night's reunion show was live so no one knew who won until last night (except Jeff and the producers). Of course, I suppose it's possible that the players revealed to each other whom they voted for, but I doubt it. The waivers they sign not to leak anything to the media would be enough to keep anyone silent until the winner is revealed. Maybe you just have a really good gut!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Last night's reunion show was live so no one knew who won until last night (except Jeff and the producers). Of course, I suppose it's possible that the players revealed to each other whom they voted for, but I doubt it. The waivers they sign not to leak anything to the media would be enough to keep anyone silent until the winner is revealed. Maybe you just have a really good gut!!
    I was talking about the Jeff Probst Show, he had the F5 on. I thought when I saw Denise, that she had won the million, it was a gut feeling and my daughter in law was with me when I said it.Nobody mentioned a thing, it was the feeling I got that's all
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is the first reunion show in a while where I didn't notice any former Survivor contestants in the audience. If they were there, Jeff didn't make a point to speak to them or point them out. I was kind of disappointed.
    Sorry, but I was actually happy we didn't have any of that lol. I like the old school reunions where Jeff didn't spend most of the time on his favorites and people in the audience, and asked at least one question to every player, so it was a nice surprise for me when everyone did get to talk haha
    holly71, justCoz and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And I think that at 84, Rudy himself would probably disqualify himself, ex-military or not.
    Rudy was interviewed a while back on the Survivor Oz website (which is a great site by the way, it has interviews with several past players), and Rudy did say that if he was asked back for a third season, he would accept the invitation, but also accepted the fact that he probably won't be asked back due to his age. Even though I don't like the idea of players being on more than twice, I wouldn't mind seeing him back...I thought he was fun to watch
    jadewarlock and jucamer like this.

According to Wikipedia,Skupin got one vote, Lisa got one vote, everyone else voted for Denise...even Abi, which totally floored me! Abi's made no secret of how much she detests Denise. Then again, Abi pretty much hates everyone but she had to vote for one of the final three. Maybe she did eenie-meenie-miny-moe to decide whose name to write down, or voted for whoever she thought RC would least likely want to win.
    I was surprised, too. I wouldn't have been if she had voted for Denise AFTER she watched the season because she did seem to understand finally what Denise had been telling her, but before? Kind of shocking.

I don't buy that Malcolm wouldn't have won, either. Not for a second.

I like Lisa but when she kept rambling on and on about God during the reunion, well, bleh. If it's so personal, then keep it that way.
    mesachick likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread