+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Fortunately Rob won and I think three children now will hopefully deter him from returning. (I like him but four seasons is enough - if not due to the exposure more for his own health - these can hurt you long term).

And as far as the Hantzes - Brandon I wouldn't mind ONLY if dear Russell in particular and the other brother who was ejected from "BB" are disallowed both the show AND the reunion show. If (and I dare say when) Jeff says no to that aspect I'd hope Brendon would say NO because he doesn't deserve another humiliation like he got. (BTW, I think the response to Russell after that incident will hopefully deter Jeff from considering it because people will flee if he does com back.

Also - NO RUPERT, NO previous winners (Fan favorite not included) and NO contestant who has played two times or more (and this of course disallows faves of mine such as Yau-Man, but I'm not sure he'd return based on his age). I can think of only one who the would disallow regardless of want to play due to age - Rudy, who is 84 now.
    I totally agree with the idea of no previous winners and no contestant who's already played two times (which would automatically rule out Rupert anyway). If you've already won once, you should be happy with that. Maybe in a totally all-star season it's okay to bring back winners, but not in a fans vs. favorites season. And yeah, Brandon is the one Hantz I'd be okay with returning, but only if the rest of the family had to stay home from the reunion show. There's no reason for anyone in the audience to rake a contestant over the coals like that, much less a member of his/her own family. The only reason I'd make an exception for Brandon is that I felt a little sorry for him, however, because he got played badly by Coach, whom he naively thought was sincere, and then he was treated so badly at the reunion. I can't say he was a big favorite of mine, but I do think he's the best of the Hantz bunch in terms of behavior--so if it ticked off the other two that he got asked back and they didn't, I'd be okay with that. I don't know that Brandon would want to come back, however. For him, once may have been enough.

And I think that at 84, Rudy himself would probably disqualify himself, ex-military or not.
    jadewarlock and jucamer like this.

Dawson kissing Jeff was extremely disprespectful. The man is married!!!

I'm surprised Lisa won fan fave. Didn't see that coming. Wish it had been Malcolm.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And I think that at 84, Rudy himself would probably disqualify himself, ex-military or not.
    I honestly think Rudy himself would DQ himself knowing better, but with this show you never know - they could try as he's probably one of the very few POSITIVE people from that first season who still is recognized immediately.

The rest of your assessment is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Dawson kissing Jeff was extremely disprespectful. The man is married!!!

I'm surprised Lisa won fan fave. Didn't see that coming. Wish it had been Malcolm.
    I think fortunately Jeff's wife knows that this could come with the territory and he's VERY blunt that his wife is a better kisser. That said, I do agree it's disrespectful. The kiss on the cheek at the TC... that's OK it's chaste, but full on at the reunion? - oh yeah - blech.

Personally I think Penner's departure was much more entertaining.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    That was my favorite season in a long time! Just shows how different everyone's perception is but I thought Lisa handled the jury questions the best; Denise came off kind of snooty, to me. She said more than once, that's why I'm here and you're there and, while factual and she probably didn't mean anything more than face value by it, it came off really bad, for me. That said, for what she went through to get there, I have no problem with her winning, although I was a little surprised.

Felt bad for Skupin but hope he is happy with making it to the final. I am very happy for Lisa, I think she played a better game than some who have previously won, and I just didn't see her as off-putting as so many others. I hope she feels some validation from winning fan favorite, and moves on from the divorce. I love Penner but found his outing her at the jury a b&*ch move, even though I agree it wouldn't have made the difference in her winning. I think it is funny, though, that his career was in the same timeframe (apparently) and I thought it was great that she shot back at him, did you tell anyone what you did 20 years ago (or however long).

I don't care for the fans vs. favorites but willing to see who they bring back.
    Yes, I found her a little snotty. It wasn't a satisfying win for me.She didn't look overly excited either. I do hope Malcolm will be back, when Jeff asked if he would play again, I yelled YES!! he will I thought Lisa handled herself really well with Penner, but when he left TC he said Denise or Malcolm will win, and that's why she did. I don't think there was great love for Denise or how she played the game The jury looked somewhat bored- oh well it's over .Roll on the next

When the F5 were on Jeff's show, after she walked on, I said Denise won the million. My daughter in law reminded me of that this morning. Denise didn't let anything out, but my gut, and the way she looked told me she was the winner -funny how that happens
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like Denise yet I agree that Lisa was the best in the jury round. Good job, girl.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had figured from the beginning that Denise's social skills, from being a counselor, would give her an advantage in the game. It helped that she was also physically fit so she could handle physical challenges.

I'm actually surprised Malcolm made it as far as he did in the game. I thought that he would be seen as a threat early on and would be voted out after the merge, when strength wasn't needed to keep one tribe stronger than another. However, he had the social skills to stay in the game and an immunity idol to make voting him out more difficult. I also noticed he didn't do so well in physical challenges earlier in the game and wondered if that was by accident, like it took him awhile to figure things out, or if he did it on purpose as a strategic move, to not appear to be too much of a threat.

I didn't know enough about Skupin at the beginning of the season to have any expectations about him. I had hoped Penner would outlast all the returnees but Skupin played a good game and earned his place in the finale.

I didn't care for Lisa. Yes, she made big moves but it was kind of schizophrenic gameplay. I didn't feel a sense of cohesion in her choices, unless I just wasn't looking at the same big picture she was. She flip-flopped, backed one train one week, then jumped ship and backed another train the next week, and always seemed to be looking to other people to tell her how she should vote. She certainly changed how the game was played! Usually, people keep their cards close to their chest in Survivor but she was totally open at tribal council, which lead to everyone revealing everything at tribal council. I think Jeff was as bewildered by that as the audience was!

This was one of my favorite Survivor seasons of all time. I was happy that evil Abil didn't make it to the final four, happy with Denise winning, not thrilled with Lisa winning fan favorite but I can accept it, and we had many entertaining moments during the season, mostly because of Penner. Angie and Roxy were about the only do-nothing people this season and they were voted out early in the game. Too bad Zane didn't last a little longer and Dana had to leave due to illness.
    Midol and Lolli like this.

I was surprised that after Penner outed Lisa, she didn't point out that Skupin had recognized her on day 1 and told her right then that he'd keep it secret, which he did. Or, why she didn't point out that Penner has a not shoo shabby resume in tv and films himself, something he never revealed.
    Lil Bit, Shoepie and wannasee like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I really did like the folks on this season EXCEPT Abi and somewhat Pete...and we didn't get enough of Artis to know. i'd like a season with NO returning players, save them for all-star shows not the regular ones! I'd love an all-star with ALL winners or ALL first voted out?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I was surprised that after Penner outed Lisa, she didn't point out that Skupin had recognized her on day 1 and told her right then that he'd keep it secret, which he did. Or, why she didn't point out that Penner has a not shoo shabby resume in tv and films himself, something he never revealed.
    Yep, that's what I was hoping would come out. And he just turned it around like, oh, it doesn't matter what I did. lol I still like him but he sure came off bitter. I kind of expected it, too, with Lisa, at least, as he'd really been a great sounding board and friend for her. I'm not sure it was made clear, though, that she absolutely wanted to go to the F4 with Penner, told him that, went to him and he said he couldn't commit. So, she made a deal elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread