+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

Very dissapointed. Very very very very dissapointed. Of course I didnt want Lisa to win, either. Or Skupin
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey

pikachu said:

And Penner saying Denise was a bitch, yet still voting for her???? Wow!

I wondered at the time he said that if he was in fact complimenting her.
    Midol likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Sheesh, that was the most bitter jury I've seen in a long time. I hadn't expected that! Bitter juries are kind of strange. Sometimes it's fun to watch an unpopular finalist get grilled by a bitter jury member but sometimes it's just plain awkward and uncomfortable. To me, this one was the latter.

I was half expecting R.C. to question Abi during the jury questions. LOL!

I have a feeling if this jury could have wrote in "None of the above" for the winner, they would have.

Yay for me choosing the Sole Survivor as my tribal leader in the pool! That hasn't happen often, in fact I can't remember if I ever have had the winner as my team leader. And I didn't add Denise later. She was my leader from the beginning. Woo hoo!
    Me too. Denise has been my leader in the Barking Bitches from the start...and I picked Lisa from the get go as well. I almost picked Supkin too...I blame my hormones for picking Penner instead.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't get the big deal about her being on Facts of Life either. It wasn't a show that had one particular star, and while it was popular and ran for a long time, it wasn't a huge hit on the level of a lot of shows on at that time. I'm sure she made good money, but I doubt she made the kind of money some television stars have made, and she's been out of acting for a long time. Plus, it's not her fault no one had ever seen the show. Even if some of them are too young to have seen its original run, it's been rerun since then, and it's not like she lied about what she used to do for a living. She just never mentioned it. Neither did the baseball player, who likely made more money than Lisa did--and only one other person seemed to know who he was either.

I don't think he was saying it in the literal sense. He was trying to play to perception. That knee jerk reaction before you have time to think it out before you vote.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Sheesh, that was the most bitter jury I've seen in a long time. I hadn't expected that! Bitter juries are kind of strange. Sometimes it's fun to watch an unpopular finalist get grilled by a bitter jury member but sometimes it's just plain awkward and uncomfortable. To me, this one was the latter.

I was half expecting R.C. to question Abi during the jury questions. LOL!

I have a feeling if this jury could have wrote in "None of the above" for the winner, they would have.

Yay for me choosing the Sole Survivor as my tribal leader in the pool! That hasn't happen often, in fact I can't remember if I ever have had the winner as my team leader. And I didn't add Denise later. She was my leader from the beginning. Woo hoo!
    No kidding about the bitterness. I thought it was particularly weird how many people just wanted to stand there and chew the three of them out rather than ask them a question. I can't remember a final tribal council when the finalists actually were asked so few questions. And I didn't get the bitch comment Penner threw at Denise either, because he said that she's proved that she was a bitch that night. I didn't think she said anything especially bitchy. If he wanted to point out that she was a bitch, he should have had something better to point at than her behavior that night, since all three of them were relatively calm and well-spoken, I thought.

Even if I were bitter, I'd still want them to answer questions, so they'd have to squirm and come up with answers to prove me wrong. Heck, I think I'd be more likely to want to ask a question if I were bitter for precisely that reason. If you just give a speech, I think it's more likely that you end up being the one put on the spot, at least in the public's eyes.
    ilja and Midol like this.

Lisa looks really good. I think she will be getting some opportunities from this show.
    ilja likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't think anyone on the Facts of Life was making the kind of money Angus Jones made, primarily because they could conceivably have been replaced more easily. Heck, they cut the cast considerably from the first few seasons--firing Molly Ringwald, among others.
    True (and not to turn this into an OT side discussion), but I mentioned Angus because, like Lisa, he was also on a long-running show, and I was talking about how pay scales can rise the longer a show is on the air. And while his pay may even dwarf what Charlotte Rae made on Facts of Life, those 4 teen actresses had a certain amount of bargaining power over the years (well, if they had agents anyway), specifically because they were the 4 that stood out and were kept from the small army of girls that were in the cast in the first season.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I don't think he was saying it in the literal sense. He was trying to play to perception. That knee jerk reaction before you have time to think it out before you vote.
    I know that he was trying to do, but I just don't think it worked. I know she didn't win, but I don't think she would have anyway--and apparently neither did she.

I suspect some jury members might have been thinking, "If she was that big of a television star, how come I've never heard of her?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    True (and not to turn this into an OT side discussion), but I mentioned Angus because, like Lisa, he was also on a long-running show. And while his pay may even dwarf what Charlotte Rae made on Facts of Life, those 4 teen actresses had a certain amount of bargaining power over the years (well, if they had agents anyway), specifically because they were the 4 that stood out and were kept from the small army of girls that were in the cast in the first season.
    Either way, I don't think it mattered that much. I don't really believe Lisa would have won anyway, because the other two were stronger players.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    You mean I'm not the only one who does not like her?
    No, you're not ! And, again the person I least wanted to win, wins. I should just give up watching this stoop-ed show !! (But I won't).
    Man, Penner looks so different without the beard & cleaned up, like night & day.
    So another season. Disappointed in the outcome, but oh well.
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread