+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 12/16 Survivor 25 Season Finale Show Discussion

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/16/12 Season Finale Show Discussion

So if the vote was 6-1-1, who gets second place?

Wow. I am very happy I was wrong. I had picked Denise initially but I though that she didn't have enough jury votes and Supkin would take her out at the end. It is nice to see that everyone got at least one vote...I can't remember that happening before?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Yay Denise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Becauise he is probably hoping the jury wont vote for someone who is a rich celebrity?
    By whose standards, I wonder? Child actors don't make that much money, even if they might be a tv sweetheart...if that. I believe when the show was popular most people like Nancy McKeon over Lisa's.

Oh well, it ultimately didn't matter. Denise won!

Still a great season...regardless of who actually won.

I'll watch another Survivor when it comes back on.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

You know, I can't really remember a season of Survivor where I was more surprised, on an almost weekly basis, about happened--and I really liked that about this season. I find it dull, sometimes downright annoying, when everything becomes too predictable.

Also, has there ever been another final three where everyone was over forty? That was a surprise too.
    CupidGuest, Hyper, Coco46 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post
    By whose standards, I wonder? Child actors don't make that much money, even if they might be a tv sweetheart...if that. I believe when the show was popular most people like Nancy McKeon over Lisa's.

If a show lasts 9 seasons, even the child stars (who are no longer children by season 9) end up making a decent payday. Angus Jones is one of the highest paid actors on television.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I like the grubby Penner better than this one
    MFWalkoff, mesachick and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz View Post

I don't get the big deal about her being on Facts of Life either. It wasn't a show that had one particular star, and while it was popular and ran for a long time, it wasn't a huge hit on the level of a lot of shows on at that time. I'm sure she made good money, but I doubt she made the kind of money some television stars have made, and she's been out of acting for a long time. Plus, it's not her fault no one had ever seen the show. Even if some of them are too young to have seen its original run, it's been rerun since then, and it's not like she lied about what she used to do for a living. She just never mentioned it. Neither did the baseball player, who likely made more money than Lisa did--and only one other person seemed to know who he was either.
    Florimel, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If a show lasts 9 seasons, even the child stars (who are no longer children by season 9) end up making a decent payday. Angus Jones is one of the highest paid actors on television.
    I don't think anyone on the Facts of Life was making the kind of money Angus Jones made, primarily because they could conceivably have been replaced more easily. Heck, they cut the cast considerably from the first few seasons--firing Molly Ringwald, among others.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sheesh, that was the most bitter jury I've seen in a long time. I hadn't expected that! Bitter juries are kind of strange. Sometimes it's fun to watch an unpopular finalist get grilled by a bitter jury member but sometimes it's just plain awkward and uncomfortable. To me, this one was the latter.

And Penner saying Denise was a bitch, yet still voting for her???? Wow! She couldn't win no matter what strategy she used. Penner accuses her of being a bitch, Malcolm accuses her of being appeasing. How can you be both? When did diplomacy became a liability?

I was half expecting R.C. to question Abi during the jury questions. LOL!

I have a feeling if this jury could have wrote in "None of the above" for the winner, they would have.

Yay for me choosing the Sole Survivor as my tribal leader in the pool! That hasn't happen often, in fact I can't remember if I ever have had the winner as my team leader. And I didn't add Denise later. She was my leader from the beginning. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-16-2012 at 11:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread