+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm a non-believer so I have no religious affiliations. However, I have two questions for those who are upset with the Christians praying with someone who is injured...

A) Why are we not blaming the producers for airing the moment of prayer?
    B) Would people be equally upset if there were a Muslim survivor, and that individual prayed multiple times a day as is their tradition?
    It does sort of annoy me when the praying gets excessive, like on Coach's season, but then again, the producers don't really have a choice when prayer is such a major theme of a season. I actually did find it kind of touching when they prayed for Denise after she was bit. Even if she's not religious, she seemed to appreciate the gesture. And to your second question, no, that wouldn't bother me either, unless it got excessive like the Christianity theme did on Coach's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    It's who the people are. I just hope we see a representative edit.

Folks are seated at the Reunion in order of being voted off, right? Based on that I really hope Denise isn't next so she doesn't have to sit next to Abi.
    Denise already had to spend a day at camp alone with Abi...I'm sure she can handle sitting next to her for an hour

I wonder who Probst will ignore at this year's reunion. I'm guessing everyone who didn't make it to the jury except for Russell, and maybe he'll check on Dana quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if RC, Artis, and Carter get ignored as well. And maybe he'll interview one of Lisa's costars from The Facts of Life, or one of Jeff Kent's old teammates
    Last edited by kev89; 12-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Denise already had to spend a day at camp alone with Abi...I'm sure she can handle sitting next to her for an hour

I wonder who Probst will ignore at this year's reunion. I'm guessing everyone who didn't make it to the jury except for Russell, and maybe he'll check on Dana quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if RC, Artis, and Carter get ignored as well. And maybe he'll interview one of Lisa's costars from The Facts of Life, or one of Jeff Kent's old teammates
    Jeff only has an hour( and that's with commercials ) he'll know what to do
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    It does sort of annoy me when the praying gets excessive, like on Coach's season, but then again, the producers don't really have a choice when prayer is such a major theme of a season. I actually did find it kind of touching when they prayed for Denise after she was bit. Even if she's not religious, she seemed to appreciate the gesture. And to your second question, no, that wouldn't bother me either, unless it got excessive like the Christianity theme did on Coach's season.
    I also didn't mind it when they prayed with/for Denise after injury.
    What I don't like is the "prayer people" sticking together & praying like some kind of exclusive cult. On seasons where this happens, they seem to be looking down on those who don't pray. That's not Christian kindness. That's rude.

Also, it grates on my nerves & patience when they start the whole "Dear God, please let me win a million dollars on this stupid fame-whore TV show, because I'm a better person because I pray on TV."
    I know they don't actually say just that, but the feeling & meaning comes through loud & clear. I just want to scream "GOD DOESN'T CARE WHO WINS SURVIVOR!!!!!" If anything at all, he only cares that these fools come out of it alive.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

I'm looking forward to the finale tonight! This has been a good season to watch, and I'm happy with any of the final four winning. The reunion show should be good too. I'm gonna try and wait for it to air and not read the spoilers (west coaster here) if I have enough willpower to hold off...it's tough to wait though!

I am just catching up on my shows that had to go on hold because of the holidays. I wonder if Skupin and Lisa were going to vote for Denise until Abi started calling Skupin stupid and a moron? I would have luved to see Denise be voted out as that is what Malcolm, Skupin and Lisa had talked about. That way after the last immunity challenge it would have been so easy to vote Malcolm out and have Lisa, Skupin and Abi as the final three. I think Skupin's ego is talking if he thinks he can beat Malcolm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread