+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 156
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

  1. #141
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,812

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm extremely non-religious, so my liking of Lisa is really in spite of and not because of her faith. I see her as deserving of the win as any of them and, for the first time in years, I won't mind if any of them win.

    I do not think Lisa will win because I'm sure they will all know who she is by the time of the vote whether they say so or not. No celebrity of Lisa's fame, whether entertainer or athlete, has a chance.
    That's how I feel about Lisa. Nicely said. I dont think she will win. My money is on Skupin. But who knows....
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #142
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    I've not read all of the comments here (rushed), sorry if I repeat anything. But while I'd rather cut off a finger than keep Abi-Maria, I have to wonder if it wasn't the best move for Malcolm and Denise to get rid of her. The only time she ever won a competition (or came close) was when she had a distinct advantage because of the auction. She would be a shoe-in to take to the F4!

    I understand loyalty and admire it. But honestly, I think it would have been smarter for Malcolm and Denise to keep Abi and take out Mike (their biggest competition). Sure, Lisa might have gotten mad and teamed up with Abi. But so what, they can't win squat in comps. Then Malcolm/Denise could've picked who to take to the F3, and argue it out.
    JunkieGirl and Midol like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  3. #143
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm extremely non-religious, so my liking of Lisa is really in spite of and not because of her faith. I see her as deserving of the win as any of them and, for the first time in years, I won't mind if any of them win.

    I do not think Lisa will win because I'm sure they will all know who she is by the time of the vote whether they say so or not. No celebrity of Lisa's fame, whether entertainer or athlete, has a chance.
    I agree. I do not like someone elses believe forced down my throat as if it is law, assumed, deemed, mandated, given, majority opinion, important, necessary, true, valid, correct...................I could continue but I will stop. You get my gist.

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. I do not like someone elses believe forced down my throat as if it is law, assumed, deemed, mandated, given, majority opinion, important, necessary, true, valid, correct...................I could continue but I will stop. You get my gist.
    I am religious & I agree with you 100%. It bothers me when someone wears it & espouses it like a badge of honor that makes them better than everyone else.
    A person's religious beliefs, morals, opinions, bias, should absolutely not be forced on anyone who doesn't agree. We all have a right to have our own opinions, beliefs, or lack of beliefs.

    With that said, I do believe that religious beliefs shouldn't have to be hidden & kept secret, out of everyone else's eyes. Freedom of Religion isn't freedom FROM religion.
    It's all about acceptance of others.
    NCLurker, Hyper, kev89 and 5 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I am religious & I agree with you 100%. It bothers me when someone wears it & espouses it like a badge of honor that makes them better than everyone else.
    A person's religious beliefs, morals, opinions, bias, should absolutely not be forced on anyone who doesn't agree. We all have a right to have our own opinions, beliefs, or lack of beliefs.

    With that said, I do believe that religious beliefs shouldn't have to be hidden & kept secret, out of everyone else's eyes. Freedom of Religion isn't freedom FROM religion.
    It's all about acceptance of others.
    I would prefer our religious/spiritual beliefs are kept to ourselves as a personal choice in our own guidence system. Please do not assume we all think as you. Christianity, all branches, seem to think they have a corner on the "truth." They do not.

    Lisa's notion that god's will determines the results of survivorr is alaming.

  6. #146
    FORT Fanatic kev89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    578

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Finally Abi gets voted out, don't let the door hit you on the way out! I will say that she was at least somewhat interesting to watch...I mean, her game was such a disaster. Like right before she got voted out, what was the deal with calling Skupin an idiot? Real smart idea Abi, insult the person you want to vote with you

    Loved Penner on the jury...both giving the finger to Abi and I liked the way he was sitting. I'm with the others on this thread...he's got my vote for fan fav

    At this point, I still believe Malcolm is the frontrunner to win it all, assuming he makes it to the end. Denise and Skupin I'd say would also both have good shots at winning, especially if Malcolm doesn't make it to the end. I just don't see Lisa keeping it together at the final tribal, but I wouldn't mind the surprise if she did win. I like this final 4 and would be okay with any of them winning. I'm also kind of curious if they're going back to a final 2 since there are 4 left going into the finale. That would be cool, it's been a long time since we've had a final 2.

    I guess one good thing about not getting a chance to watch this show until tonight is that I only have to wait one day to watch the finale...for now, I'm off to watch Abi and RC face off at Ponderosa

  7. #147
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    64

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    I don't normally watch repeats of episodes but I had to go through this one twice more juust for the gratification of seeing Abi's name flashed out again and again at her ugly face before her imminent sendoff. Oh, and the swimming with the whale shark, Skupin's sugar-high antics and end victory dance at the witch's demise was also great fun to watch. If you look closely enough, you can also see the wide grins on Denise' and Malcolm's faces, presumably laughing at Skupin's celebration.

    The only downsides to this episode? Denise's injury and Abi's constant snide remarks at Skupin. I would have simply told the bitch to shut her trap or tell her that's why she was so unpopular, kudos to Skupin's resoluteness for putting up with all that nonsense. Now I so want Skupin to win just so that she could put her foot in her mouth, fancy saying that Skupin had no shot at winning at all.

    I cringe to think what crap Abi will spew at us during Final TC, thank goodness for the mute button.
    Uncle David, kev89 and Midol like this.

  8. #148
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,348

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    I'm a non-believer so I have no religious affiliations. However, I have two questions for those who are upset with the Christians praying with someone who is injured...

    A) Why are we not blaming the producers for airing the moment of prayer?
    B) Would people be equally upset if there were a Muslim survivor, and that individual prayed multiple times a day as is their tradition?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  9. #149
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,812

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm a non-believer so I have no religious affiliations. However, I have two questions for those who are upset with the Christians praying with someone who is injured...

    A) Why are we not blaming the producers for airing the moment of prayer?
    B) Would people be equally upset if there were a Muslim survivor, and that individual prayed multiple times a day as is their tradition?
    Good questions . I am not religious, and Lisa or anyone else doesn't bother me at all. Its not on every show, it is part of their lives. I will take that over some bigot spewing hate like Colton did.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #150
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,316

    Re: 12/12 Show Discussions **Spoilers**

    It's who the people are. I just hope we see a representative edit.

    Folks are seated at the Reunion in order of being voted off, right? Based on that I really hope Denise isn't next so she doesn't have to sit next to Abi.
    kev89 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.