+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    12 minutes in and I am crying like a baby. I love the family visits.

Looks like Abi's mom is just as athletic as she is
    I know how you felt!!I love them as well - I agree about Abi's mom.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To be fair to Abi's mom, she's just a middle aged lady...not the young brother that many of the other contestants had. Also they made some remark about how hard it had been to get her there...to me implying she came from Brazil, not the States, and maybe had a fairly exhausting trip...especially as she doesn't speak any English. I don't know about you but I find travel even more tiring when I have no idea what's going on. I also think she didn't quite get what was happening in the contest. She looked startled when her daughter first flung a ball of mud at her and dodged it, then didn't seem to realize she could pick up the ones she dropped.

When Abi was whinging on and on, who was it who asked if they couldn't just not have this conversation? I was sewing and didn't look up in time to see if it was Lisa or Denise. I really would want to just knock her on the head to shut her up by this time. LOVED Malcolm's Potter reference--totally describes Abi, at least as we've seen her on the show.

Points to Abi for finally making an effort. Really sorry it meant Carter left before her.
    redsox girl likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Also wondering... this brother is 20 years younger than Lisa. Lisa went to Hollywood as it were when she was a kid. This must be a half brother by her dad maybe? How much contact could she have had with him? Wouldn't it have been more like being a 2nd mom or maybe the glamorous actress aunt?
    Just seems a little odd to me...

Not who I imagined for Denise either, but, hey, it sure seems to work for them!
    holly71 likes this.

My take on Carter: Had Carter made it to F2 I feel he would have been a lock to win. No doubt in my mind. None. Not one enemy on the jury. Why? He is genuinely nice (a very under rated trait imo), he showed no malice or cruelty, did not allow himself to be entrenched in any of the gossip or personality clashes, he never openly chose sides. Helpful, sweet and oh yes, he was one of the most dominant physical players. I think he actually was superior to Malcolm in that regard. It was only by the slimmest of margins he did not win tonights two challenges. Both challenges could have easily gone either way for Malcom and Carter. As for viewers, I think because Carter is quiet, inoffensive and has a certain slow cadence in his voice, he is perceived to be slow. He did not have any interest in creating or perpetuating drama. His quiet nature translated to a typecasting of sorts, a dullness, in some peoples minds. or, more comically , a stoner. But being perceived as `dull` shouldn't be equated with being stupid or not worthy of F2. In the end, his fellow contestants came to the realization each of them would more than likely fare badly in a final 2 match-up with Carter. Since each carried some baggage or would wind up carrying some, while Carter carried no baggage whatsoever, with no ill will garnered from any of the jury. That's hard to beat. So, they took the cowards way out and voted him off. In a way, its a compliment to him, but in the end, it deprives him of a genuine shot at being crowned the winner.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 12-06-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Florimel and kev89 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, by that reasoning Malcolm's a goner as soon as he doesn't have an idol. And probably is.

Guess there could be a tight race for Fan Favorite this year!

aw, so sad to see Carter go.

Being realistic, I knew his days were numbered, but I was hoping he would go further.

I would have love to see Malcolm get blindsided, that would have been a great move for all of their parts, they take out a likeable person and a threat who has the best chance (besides Denise) to win the million dollars. Plus, I would have love to seen a mixup of the final four, I would like to see how they would have scrambled had Malcolm left.

I find it weird, that right after Malcolm's win, Skupin and Lisa seemingly gave up. I mean, wouldn't the next best move would be to oust Denise? She's another threat in winning the entire game.

Not going to lie, I'm getting a bit weary of Lisa and her confessionals, but thankfully, she's finally 'playing' the game, in a sense. I just wish she tried harder.

And OMG!!!!

Carter had two confessionals and plus he finally got to speak during tribal council! <3

(I think that's the most I've seen him speak in the entire season )

So it looks, the final four will be in fact the final four, unless Abi miraculously pulls off an immunity win (which I kind of hope to see, just to see a dynamic, but at the same time, nah xD)
    redsox girl and kev89 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    To be fair to Abi's mom, she's just a middle aged lady...not the young brother that many of the other contestants had. Also they made some remark about how hard it had been to get her there...to me implying she came from Brazil, not the States, and maybe had a fairly exhausting trip...especially as she doesn't speak any English. I don't know about you but I find travel even more tiring when I have no idea what's going on. I also think she didn't quite get what was happening in the contest. She looked startled when her daughter first flung a ball of mud at her and dodged it, then didn't seem to realize she could pick up the ones she dropped.

When Abi was whinging on and on, who was it who asked if they couldn't just not have this conversation? I was sewing and didn't look up in time to see if it was Lisa or Denise. I really would want to just knock her on the head to shut her up by this time. LOVED Malcolm's Potter reference--totally describes Abi, at least as we've seen her on the show.

Points to Abi for finally making an effort. Really sorry it meant Carter left before her.
    It was Denise, saying `let's not have this conversation now,'( I know, real shocker there) Then, after Abi walked away, Lisa went on some tangent about how `I give up, blah blah blah, I've tried being nice' (in regards to Abi.) , or something to that effect. Which caused me to zone out and go to my own happy place filled with millions of floaty magical, glistening champagne bubbles and rainbow colored, tap dancing bunnies.
    That is how I survive people who annoy me.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    God Bless you for pointing this out! Abi's mother is obviously older, not in good physical condition, doesn't speak the language. I can only imagine how confused she might have been. I also think they were genuinely thrilled to see one another. Her Mom seems very sweet, like she wanted to cook a meal for Abi, very old world in that way. It's how I think my mom would have greeted me. I also caught something that Malcom said when he was choosing who to bring on the family exursion. He said he was going to choose someone who has had a very difficult, emotional couple of days. For about a second I thought that meant Abi. And I think the camera panned to her briefly for a reaction shot to what he was saying.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Malcolm kinda pulled an Abi this week though, didn't he? Winning immunity when he needed to.
    kev89 and Jaceegirl like this.

I have liked Malcolm and Denise from the beginning with Malcolm being my front runner. I think back to when they were on the weakest tribe and Malcolm proved he had what I think of as being the total Survivor. I have never liked people who sit back and coast along and then win at the end.

Last week I said I could see Skupin and Lisa turning on Malcolm and we almost got that. I was so happy when Malcolm won immunity. I don't like Lisa and don't want to see her win. I look back and ask what has she done to claim the role of Survivor? She has not won immunity challenges and continues to go back and forth each week not knowing what she is doing. Always saying she is not cut out for this game. Since she felt she could not lie she let Penner down last week because of that reason. I liked Penner a lot and would have preferred to have him in the game longer. This week she gets a visit from her brother and all at once she decides she knows how to play and be able to lie. First thing she wants to do is get rid of Malcolm. The prayer session that they all had seemed so off to me. It somehow, just didn't seem to be right to decide you are going to be okay with lying, and yet you have a prayer session asking for it to be okay, and whatever happens is okay and obviously God's will. Malcolm could see the change in her, that her brother's visit made and I couldn't help, but wonder if it was because of that he seemed to try even harder to win. It was almost like down deep he must have sensed something even though he said at TC he felt safe.

I don't see myself caring that much for Skupin because I don't see him being much different than Lisa. Abi forget - that was my surprise of the evening when they all voted to keep her over Carter. I think the vote that surprised me the most was Skupin after his Carter being like his son speech. Carter was classy at his exit and I actually wished we had gotten to know him a bit better. He seemed like he was a nice guy and certainly good at challenges.

JMO, but I will only be happy if Malcoln most of all with Denise as 2nd choice wins. I have a feeling that I am going to be disappointed, because I still feel that Lisa and Supkin will still go after him. I know he only has one last chance at playing his Idol and I pray that he does. I just hope they don't make him feel so comfortable that he doesn't use it. I also hope that Denise is not part of his demise at the end. They have stuck together since the beginning and I think only the two of them deserve F2.
    holly71 and cablejockey like this.

+ Reply to Thread