+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Malcom looks like he`s about 20 years too late for the grunge movement. Plus, he admires O.J. Simpson. Can`t get past that badly thought out statement. Out of all the good people in the whole wide world who have ever exsisted he doesn't pick any of them, no, he picks a guy who at best is a convicted wife beater and at worst may have murdered two people. Malcom you couldn`t have at least picked a football player who isn`t doing hard time? I`ll take Carter as fan favorite, not that he`ll win against Malcom and his mesmerizing mane of wild man hair. Count me out of the Malcom love fest. It`s just how I feel.
    Florimel, ilja and SugarMama like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

If Denise makes it to the F2, I wonder if her statement about wanting to take only worthy opponents to the end (i.e. why she had no problem voting Abi out )comes back to haunt her. In some ways, she suffers from the same problem as Abi and that is talking herself into a corner. Because obviously it was a bald faced lie. I wonder if she`ll lose votes just because the jury wants to send a message. I know most viewers love her, but theres something about her that really sets off my bull#@% meter.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I don't understand why Lisa, Skupin and Carter didn't have a Plan B in case Malcom won immunity. Plan B could be vote his closest ally Denise out. At the next Tribal they still have Abi who they could vote out.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I luv'ed Lisa's explanation that while she prayed to God to help her out she really didn't expect him to.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Where do we vote? online?
    Or by texting...but they haven't opened the poll yet I think. When they do they'll explain it to us...presumably this Wednesday...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Malcom looks like he`s about 20 years too late for the grunge movement. Plus, he admires O.J. Simpson. Can`t get past that badly thought out statement. Out of all the good people in the whole wide world who have ever exsisted he doesn't pick any of them, no, he picks a guy who at best is a convicted wife beater and at worst may have murdered two people. Malcom you couldn`t have at least picked a football player who isn`t doing hard time? I`ll take Carter as fan favorite, not that he`ll win against Malcom and his mesmerizing mane of wild man hair. Count me out of the Malcom love fest. It`s just how I feel.
    redsox girl---I posted what Malcolm said about OJ below...notice that he specifically says "before all the legal drama", which presumably includes the wife beating, likely murders, etc. What he liked about OJ was the underdog story, from practically disabled to fantastic athlete. Now I admit there are probably other underdogs out there, who didn't grow up to be felons after their success, and I would also prefer he not be able to apparently overlook that "legal drama stuff" while admiring the rickets to football superstar stuff, but at least he's admiring the right things about OJ, not the wrong ones. Maybe he read a childhood biography of OJ, or maybe he had some childhood disability himself that made him connect with him... I like the work Malcolm himself did with poor kids.
    I also like that he and Denise (and Penner) seem to have kept their perspective for the most part. Probably helps that they talk to each other and use each other to vent to, so they are generally reacting on Surivivor as they might in the real world. I think some others have totally lost perspective (e.g., a certain famous ballplayer), and it's refreshing to see someone responding the way we all would like to think we would--e.g., the spot on Harry Potter reference.

Inspiration in Life: O.J. Simpson before the legal drama. When he was a kid, he had rickets. For his birthday, when he was still young, his father took him to a signing to meet Jim Brown and O.J. hobbled right up to him and told him he was going to break all his records which he eventually did. Iím a sucker for underdog stories.

ETA...since I was a young adult in the 60's-70's I'm sure I'll always find long hair on guys a good look...and maybe some of the other older viewers crushing on his looks grew up then...or during the grunge period! That early imprinting of what's sexy. I wouldn't mind it if he got washed I admit, but also agree with others that even grubby he looks good--not easy with long hair!
    Last edited by PWS; 12-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

FORT Regular

I wouldn't mind a Malcolm, Skupin or Denise win of the remaining five. Much has been said of Abi already, most of which I concur with. However, I have disliked Lisa almost as much since day one, as I'm getting a really wierd vibe from her. Perhaps it stems from the fact that she was an actress, and I can't tell whether she's faking an action/expression or being truly sincere about something. Even when she's listening earnestly to Penner, it almost seems to me that some other thoughts are going through her mind. Her radical mood swings and different character types portrayed (ranging from ostracised loner to victimised matyr to scheming beyotch to OTT doting sister) aren't helping things either. Call me cynical, but I have a nagging suspicion that she's using this show as a platform to kickstart a second career, perhaps a plump role in another soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    redsox girl---I posted what Malcolm said about OJ below...notice that he specifically says "before all the legal drama", which presumably includes the wife beating, likely murders, etc. What he liked about OJ was the underdog story, from practically disabled to fantastic athlete.
    Also bear in mind his age - he would have been eight when the trial was taking place. I don't think Simpson's crimes would have had much of an impact on his, whereas, if he is sports-focused, Simpson's athletic achievements would have.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Malcolm, Skupin or Denise win of the remaining five. Much has been said of Abi already, most of which I concur with. However, I have disliked Lisa almost as much since day one, as I'm getting a really wierd vibe from her. Perhaps it stems from the fact that she was an actress, and I can't tell whether she's faking an action/expression or being truly sincere about something. Even when she's listening earnestly to Penner, it almost seems to me that some other thoughts are going through her mind. Her radical mood swings and different character types portrayed (ranging from ostracised loner to victimised matyr to scheming beyotch to OTT doting sister) aren't helping things either. Call me cynical, but I have a nagging suspicion that she's using this show as a platform to kickstart a second career, perhaps a plump role in another soap opera.
    Really? I dont get that feeling from Lisa. I would like it to be Skupin , Lisa and Malcolm. I can do without Denise, she just rubs me the wrong way.Having said that, the alliance of 4, I would be okay with any of them winning. I just wish they would blindside Abbi
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Actors are often accused of acting in real life but it doesn't work that way. They play a role with a defined personality.

Lisa reads genuine, to me.

I plan to vote for Penner as favorite. I adore his personality, humor, honesty and sensibilities. Malcome is hot and a good guy but cannot hold a candle to Penner, for me. He is a shining star in Ponderosa too! He is the bar tender, mediator, chef at times and soul of that place.
    AZChristian, jucamer and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread