+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    My take on Carter: Had Carter made it to F2 I feel he would have been a lock to win. No doubt in my mind. None. Not one enemy on the jury. Why? He is genuinely nice (a very under rated trait imo), he showed no malice or cruelty, did not allow himself to be entrenched in any of the gossip or personality clashes, he never openly chose sides. Helpful, sweet and oh yes, he was one of the most dominant physical players. I think he actually was superior to Malcolm in that regard. It was only by the slimmest of margins he did not win tonights two challenges. Both challenges could have easily gone either way for Malcom and Carter. As for viewers, I think because Carter is quiet, inoffensive and has a certain slow cadence in his voice, he is perceived to be slow. He did not have any interest in creating or perpetuating drama. His quiet nature translated to a typecasting of sorts, a dullness, in some peoples minds. or, more comically , a stoner. But being perceived as `dull` shouldn't be equated with being stupid or not worthy of F2. In the end, his fellow contestants came to the realization each of them would more than likely fare badly in a final 2 match-up with Carter. Since each carried some baggage or would wind up carrying some, while Carter carried no baggage whatsoever, with no ill will garnered from any of the jury. That's hard to beat. So, they took the cowards way out and voted him off. In a way, its a compliment to him, but in the end, it deprives him of a genuine shot at being crowned the winner.
    Epic post!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Malcolm kinda pulled an Abi this week though, didn't he? Winning immunity when he needed to.
    And I don't think he knew how much he needed it
    march likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If Denise does not win immunity next week, I would like to see Malcolm win it and give it to Denise. Otherwise this will be one of the few times they will get to oust Denise.
    I would rather see Denise go than Malcolm ( sigh).

I have a feeling the previews are once again misleading, and the F4 are still the F4.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like the way the alliance of 4 is playing, knowing that at F4 all bets are off. When Lisa was explaining that to Abi, and saying she wouldn't vote for Denise but at the F4 she might, and Denise was nodding her head and agreeing...it was just so....mature of them. I really like Denise. She's not taking this personally at all. I was so surprised when Malcolm didn't choose her for the reward, although after hearing his explanation it made sense. She didn't carry on bitterly about her closest ally not choosing her to spend the night with her husband, she just accepted it calmly and maturely. She's awesome!
    march, Shoepie, Arielflies and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Personally, I find Lisa's religion on the show to be much more genuine than Coach's was on his season. He made a big show of it, forcing everyone to have daily group prayer sessions, praying directly for a win for their tribe, actually forcing people on their knees (!) after an immunity win. He really made me uncomfortable as a viewer, because he seemed to be shoving it down everyone's throats and frankly, it felt like posturing. Lisa did acknowledge that God has better things to do than interfere in a television show or a sporting event, although her comments about Malcolm's win being God's will seem to undermine that view a bit. I'm not really religious so I don't know how people feel about that, but at least this season Lisa's religion isn't in your face or ringing hollow like Coach's did for me.

I did laugh out loud when Skupin interrupted her to mention the size of the ant on the tree. He's such a goofball
    I suspect Coach's religion was just a show to show Brandon he could be trusted...I don't remember Coach mentioning God or Jesus at all his first two seasons. I remember when he Sophie, and that other guy found the idol, then faked finding it again with Brandon to make it seem divine or something...Sophie wisely felt uncomfortable about manipulating Brandon's beliefs. Lisa's praying didn't really annoy me that much, probably because she hasn't been making a show of it all season. I am kind of religious, but it usually annoys me when people pray on Survivor because, as others said, I don't believe God cares about the results of a game show. Lisa at least acknowledged that, though as I mentioned earlier, it surprised me that they never accounted for the possibility of Malcolm winning immunity, and just accepted it as "God's will"

I thought that was funny too

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I like the way the alliance of 4 is playing, knowing that at F4 all bets are off. When Lisa was explaining that to Abi, and saying she wouldn't vote for Denise but at the F4 she might, and Denise was nodding her head and agreeing...it was just so....mature of them. I really like Denise. She's not taking this personally at all. I was so surprised when Malcolm didn't choose her for the reward, although after hearing his explanation it made sense. She didn't carry on bitterly about her closest ally not choosing her to spend the night with her husband, she just accepted it calmly and maturely. She's awesome!
    Yes, that's true. I dont think Malcolm made any points doing what he did at this stage of the game. But it's nice the way Lisa and Denise have adult conversations that elude Abi
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Good point, I agree that Malcolm is the frontrunner to win it all...he's played an excellent game strategially and socially. He was also nice to Abi after the tribal council, which is smart even though we've seen he probably dislikes her as much as everyone else. I'm positive Denise has lost Abi's vote as well. And you're right, her talking about playing with the best players, but voting out Penner and Carter might not go over well.

Still, Denise is a smart talker, and I could see her holding her own, especially if Malcolm doesn't make it to the end. I also don't see Denise and Malcolm ever voting aganist each other, and I think voting out one would weaken the other's position. I was just surprised, as someone else said, that Skupin and Lisa had no backup plan in case Malcolm won immunity.
    Agreed. And because of that, unless he wins immunity all the way through here, he will not make it to the F3. He will be the one the alliance turns on. Reminds me so much of Ozzy from a few seasons ago.
    holly71 and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I suspect Coach's religion was just a show to show Brandon he could be trusted...I don't remember Coach mentioning God or Jesus at all his first two seasons. I remember when he Sophie, and that other guy found the idol, then faked finding it again with Brandon to make it seem divine or something...Sophie wisely felt uncomfortable about manipulating Brandon's beliefs. Lisa's praying didn't really annoy me that much, probably because she hasn't been making a show of it all season. I am kind of religious, but it usually annoys me when people pray on Survivor because, as others said, I don't believe God cares about the results of a game show. Lisa at least acknowledged that, though as I mentioned earlier, it surprised me that they never accounted for the possibility of Malcolm winning immunity, and just accepted it as "God's will" I thought that was funny too
    I thought that funny, too. It is akin to Oprah giving someone a car and they respond "thank you Jesus!!"
    kev89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. And because of that, unless he wins immunity all the way through here, he will not make it to the F3. He will be the one the alliance turns on. Reminds me so much of Ozzy from a few seasons ago.
    But he has the HI. Wont that count?? Am I missing someone, I am not counting Abi with the F4.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But he has the HI. Wont that count?? Am I missing someone, I am not counting Abi with the F4.
    Yes, he will use the idol to make it to the F4. That is the last time you can use it. I said he will not make the F3 - that he is the first one the alliance will turn on. Unless he wins immunity, he is the one the rest of them will not want to take to the end, for the exact reason I bolded in my original post.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread