+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=NYCJUDE;4587178]
    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My four comments:

3. I think Jeff should've called Abi out on saying there were two clauses to the challenge - it was a flat out lie. If she wanted to use a way to get power after that challenge had she lost - she needed to say that she had an immunity idol and would use it to get out one of the alliances strongest players.

omg THAT INFURIATED ME! Abby said something about knowing she can't make jeff go along with her lie about the "two part advantage" but... that's exactly what he did by going along with it. By not calling her out ("no abi, that's not true"), he impicitly said that it was true. and basically...I think that sucks! in effect, the ptoducers cheated with abi, in my opinion
    Maybe Jeff didnt know what was written down, is he told every little thing? maybe not.

I like Lisa, but I'm getting really tired of the "I'm not cut out for the game" and the waterworks. As an older woman, if you truly weren't cut out for the game you wouldn't be sitting where you are right now. At what point does this kind of stuff become pandering for jury votes??
    I didn't hear her say in front of the jury. This is edited, it could have been said over the past weeks , and we heard it more this episode. However its all about outwit and outplay
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-29-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My four comments:

1. If they wanted to get Abi out, they should NEVER have spent money on food and saved it for that advantage. Anyone with half a mind on this show knows that there's always an advantage or letters offered up, so they should've saved their money if they saw Abi not bidding on any food. As much as I loathe her behavior, Abi did play smart for once here and it paid off.

Admittedly Supkin didn't make it to that part of the experience in Australia; however Penner has played twice prior and one of those he made jury. He should've known.

2. While I do think Abi was smart, I do find it odd that the producers automatically put her in the final three of the challenge. It should've been either a final four or just allow her to the second round. Or even better, X amount of pounds to use on the contestants in addition to any weight added for getting a wrong question.

3. I think Jeff should've called Abi out on saying there were two clauses to the challenge - it was a flat out lie. If she wanted to use a way to get power after that challenge had she lost - she needed to say that she had an immunity idol and would use it to get out one of the alliances strongest players.

4. Sad Penner is out, but he respects the game and I loved his departure. When you leave Jeff stunned, you have succeeded in the best exit ever. I will miss him but I think long term he respects people's decisions and knows - especially in the case of Lisa - that there is a difference between game and reality, helping in her case here.
    1. It seems like that make that mistake every season...last season, didn't that Troyzan guy do the exact same thing to win immunity and keep himself in the game one more episode.

2. Yeah, I thought they gave her too much of an advantage...they should have just made it so that she'd advance to the second round. On a sidenote, I'm sick of these phased challenges where a certain number of people advance each round, isn't this the third episode in a row with a challenge like that? I'm just glad we didn't have yet another reward challenge where they were divided into teams.

3. I'm kind of conflicted on that. On that one hand, I would have loved to have seen Abi squirm if Probst called her out on her lie. On the other, it wasn't a bad strategy to try and make herself look more dangerous, and Probst trying to stop that might make it appear he is interfering too much with the game.

4. You can tell Penner really loves this game, and as he said earlier, he won't hold grudges, he's a bigger person than that. And his exit will have to go down as one of the best in Survivor history...I'm so glad he got another chance to play.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Jeff: This game is clearly up for grabs! Um, no Jeff! What we saw was a VERY tight alliance. Abi is gone next! Period!
    4thatchers likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    1. It seems like that make that mistake every season...last season, didn't that Troyzan guy do the exact same thing to win immunity and keep himself in the game one more episode.

2. Yeah, I thought they gave her too much of an advantage...they should have just made it so that she'd advance to the second round. On a sidenote, I'm sick of these phased challenges where a certain number of people advance each round, isn't this the third episode in a row with a challenge like that? I'm just glad we didn't have yet another reward challenge where they were divided into teams.

3. I'm kind of conflicted on that. On that one hand, I would have loved to have seen Abi squirm if Probst called her out on her lie. On the other, it wasn't a bad strategy to try and make herself look more dangerous, and Probst trying to stop that might make it appear he is interfering too much with the game.

4. You can tell Penner really loves this game, and as he said earlier, he won't hold grudges, he's a bigger person than that. And his exit will have to go down as one of the best in Survivor history...I'm so glad he got another chance to play.
    RE #3 i guess there are two ways to look at it...Jeff is interfering with the game by calling Abi out....jeff is interfering with the game by NOT calling abi out---I choose the latter
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Jeff: This game is clearly up for grabs! Um, no Jeff! What we saw was a VERY tight alliance. Abi is gone next! Period!
    Or Carter is gone next! He voted for Denise .
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I really thought Penner would out Lisa during TC, but so far he is keeping her past to himself. I thought Jeff was going to get her to talk about her acting past. I know Facts of Life is an old show, but it is in reruns and there were many on the tribes that should have figured it out by now.
    Florimel likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

I didn't hear her say in front of the jury. This is edited, it could have been said over the past weeks , and we heard it more this episode. However its all about outwit and outplay
    Remember, the people at camp could and will very well end up as jury members too, so saying it to them, and we saw it at least twice tonight, could still be pandering jury votes. I believe Lisa is sincere, but I still cheered when Penner told her to cut the crap.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh my, is it bad of me to want to see this really badly???

Not at all...at least not if you ask me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Penner's exit from the game probably threw Jeff off, he should know by now that he has to be prepared for anything when it comes to Penner.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Remember, the people at camp could and will very well end up as jury members too, so saying it to them, and we saw it at least twice tonight, could still be pandering jury votes. I believe Lisa is sincere, but I still cheered when Penner told her to cut the crap.
    I think Penner has soft spot for Lisa. Just like Denise and Malcolm are close.I must say I was surprised to hear Malcolm feel a little sorry for Abi.That TC must have been way way longer than we saw. I don't mind Abi bashing though
    holly71, sweetpea and Alexxxx like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread