+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Wow, that long?

I would have predicted he became a producer when Redemption Island started. I remember reading how Jeff raved about redemption island, ick.

Hated that twist.
    I remember during one of the Redemption Island seasons, Jeff talked about how the fans loved the Redemption Island twist...uh, what fans were you talking to Jeff? To be fair though, I don't remember hearing Jeff criticize a season while it was airing, which does make sense...he wants people to watch.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I remember during one of the Redemption Island seasons, Jeff talked about how the fans loved the Redemption Island twist...uh, what fans were you talking to Jeff? To be fair though, I don't remember hearing Jeff criticize a season while it was airing, which does make sense...he wants people to watch.

Ummm... I rather liked the Redemption Island twist.
    Hyper likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Jeff: This game is clearly up for grabs! Um, no Jeff! What we saw was a VERY tight alliance. Abi is gone next! Period!
    Yeah, that's what everyone thought this week.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't miss redemption island but I do miss when they could send people off to isolation for a few days and that person had the option to search for the idol there. I think it added an interesting twist to the game... and opened up the possibilities of making fake idols and such. It kind of bombed the season Sugar was constantly sent, but it was interesting other seasons.
    I just loved it when people I didn't like got sent off... wouldn't have minded seeing that happen to Abi this season.

It is always amazing when people that suck, are useless, and are about to be voted off are able to win an immunity challenge and are able to continue their pathetic existence on Survivor. If I didn't know any better I would think it was scripted. But it also shows that hateful, bulling worms also have strong survival instincts.

BTW, someone on the bench commented about Abi's knee?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post

Ummm... I rather liked the Redemption Island twist.
    lol, well you're entitled to you opinion, at least online, a lot of people diskliked the twist, which is why I found Probst saying it was so popular funny.

I will say that the twist itself had potential. While I hated the fact that there were no reward challenges, my main problem with those seasons related to the casts, and the fact that the returning players appeared to have it so easy...the fact that none of the three returning players this season have had any of the power Boston Rob and Coach enjoyed has made it better imo. I wouldn't mind if they brought back Redemption Island for a season with all new players.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I don't miss redemption island but I do miss when they could send people off to isolation for a few days and that person had the option to search for the idol there. I think it added an interesting twist to the game... and opened up the possibilities of making fake idols and such. It kind of bombed the season Sugar was constantly sent, but it was interesting other seasons.
    I just loved it when people I didn't like got sent off... wouldn't have minded seeing that happen to Abi this season.
    Yeah, I miss that twist and would like to see them bring that back as well. I think they got rid of that around the same time Russell Hantz came, and it's probably a coincidence, but that's also when it got way too easy to find idols. I mean, Russell found an idol, what, every other day It seems like the idols were harder to find when they had to find them in isolation, though I did like the "hidden but in plain sight" approach they took with the rice containers this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It is always amazing when people that suck, are useless, and are about to be voted off are able to win an immunity challenge and are able to continue their pathetic existence on Survivor. If I didn't know any better I would think it was scripted. But it also shows that hateful, bulling worms also have strong survival instincts.

BTW, someone on the bench commented about Abi's knee?
    Finally got around to watching the episode, and I caught that as well. I'm not sure if this is considered spoiler-ish or not so I'll put it in tags just in case.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm a huge Big Brother fan and watched the after party on SuperPass. Abi was there with an injured leg which she said happened on Survivor. I don't think she's med-evac'd or anything but from that comment she probably hurt her knee at some point and we just weren't shown. Could be why she sat out challenges so much too.

Why didn't they show the other questions between the rounds in the immunity challenge? I guess time constraints, but I would have liked to have seen them.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Didn't someone mention at the beginning of the challenge something like "watch, her knee will be just fine" which made me wonder what had happened to her knee. Was I just imagining that? I think Denise was part of the conversation.
    Valar Morghulis

I think Skupin was the one who said her knee would be fine. I do remember her complaining about her knee in some of the earliest episodes and when Jeff started calling her out for sitting out of every challenge, she brought up her knee as an excuse. Yet it didn't hinder her in the challenge she had to win

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I think Skupin was the one who said her knee would be fine. I do remember her complaining about her knee in some of the earliest episodes and when Jeff started calling her out for sitting out of every challenge, she brought up her knee as an excuse. Yet it didn't hinder her in the challenge she had to win
    Yes that was exactly it. Abi always claimed that she had a sore knee and that was why she couldn't do the challanges and why she sat out so many. But as Skupin said her knee would be fine when SHE wanted it to be.
    kev89 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread