+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think she oversold it, with the posturing and the ripping the clue into little bits. I don't really think they bought it.
    I agree! However, I'm willing to bet they don't take any chances.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post

One thing I marvel about many of you is remembering so many things about previous seasons and players. I have watched every season of Survivor and they are all starting to blend in now. Only certain seasons and players stick in my mind. As an example, I don't remember Penner even though this has been his third time playing. Even when I saw him appear on the screen nothing came back to me - not even those beautiful blue eyes of his. They were the first thing I noticed, and yet I wonder why I have no memory of him from before? I do know that I will remember him from now on because I feel like the rest of you regarding him. He is one class act and was such an asset to this season. He is the type of person that I would love to hear talk for as long as he wanted because he just has this way about him that makes you want to listen. I know he made a couple of mistakes that cost him in the end, and I look forward to hearing him talk at the F3 TC. If they show him at the Ponderosa that will be a bonus.

I remember someone mentioning Survivor being different these days (not necessarily those exact words), but I thought the same thing. There were no bad food items at the reward challenge and I don't remember there being so many get aways that they have now. Someone can tell me if they had them in the very beginning of Survivor because I really don't remember. It just seems that Survivor today is not as hard as it was in the beginning. It seemed like by the end people left all skin and bones compared to now. As someone mentioned earlier - the cars - I had forgotten about that as it was such a long time since we had seen that.
    I've also watched every season, and my memory's kind of odd...there are some seasons, including some of the first few, that I remember almost perfectly, and others I barely remember anything from. In the case of the first season, my memory was probably helped by the fact that I rewatched it over the summer, and there were a few moments that I had forgetten since the first time I watched over ten years ago. You're not the only one who didn't really remember Penner from his first two seasons, which kind of surprised me since he's always been one of the more memorable players to me. I'm happy he's gotten more recongition this season though

Yeah, there were two unique things I noticed about this auction...first as you said no bad items, and second everyone got something, I remember some seasons where one or two people held onto their money too long and weren't able to buy anything. I think you're right about there being more getaways now, it seems like they have had one almost every episode on the latest seasons. I do miss the days when it was more survival oriented. Another thing that has annoyed me about this season is that until the auction, every reward challenge after the merge had them divided into teams. I've always loved the social aspect of a reward challenge winner having to pick one or two others to join them on the getaway as opposed to just putting them on teams and deciding that for them.
    holly71, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

One thing I marvel about many of you is remembering so many things about previous seasons and players. I have watched every season of Survivor and they are all starting to blend in now. Only certain seasons and players stick in my mind. As an example, I don't remember Penner even though this has been his third time playing. Even when I saw him appear on the screen nothing came back to me - not even those beautiful blue eyes of his. They were the first thing I noticed, and yet I wonder why I have no memory of him from before? I do know that I will remember him from now on because I feel like the rest of you regarding him. He is one class act and was such an asset to this season. He is the type of person that I would love to hear talk for as long as he wanted because he just has this way about him that makes you want to listen. I know he made a couple of mistakes that cost him in the end, and I look forward to hearing him talk at the F3 TC. If they show him at the Ponderosa that will be a bonus.

I remember someone mentioning Survivor being different these days (not necessarily those exact words), but I thought the same thing. There were no bad food items at the reward challenge and I don't remember there being so many get aways that they have now. Someone can tell me if they had them in the very beginning of Survivor because I really don't remember. It just seems that Survivor today is not as hard as it was in the beginning. It seemed like by the end people left all skin and bones compared to now. As someone mentioned earlier - the cars - I had forgotten about that as it was such a long time since we had seen that.
    I am the same as you Jacee.I marvel at the way posters remember names, what season, who went out first etc..I have to run away and google everything. I do remember Penner, as soon as I saw him. I remembered him ( its the crush thing)

Survivor is not as hard, not in the least. Think back to Richard Hatch and Susan, my goodness. I loved that season. I think those that play the game, always come away with something though. Usually something about themselves. Its not always as good as this season for me, I am thoroughly enjoying this one
    NCLurker, Allie, Alexxxx and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Strangely for me, the first season is one of my least favorites.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I see where you are coming from and though I don't agree with your perception, I respect how you view the whole situation. For me, I can easily deal with a personality like Abi. Regardless, I dont like to see anyone brought to tears. Theres no need to do it. None. Thats how I feel. If that makes people think Im obvlivious or ignorant to what she is or isn`t doing, That doesnt bother me because it isnt true. I feel what I feel. Thanks for hearing me out.
    You should try out for Survivor, or Big Brother! It's the fear of being trapped with an Abi like person for a month or a summer, with no way to get away without looking like I'm isolating myself, that makes me know I should never try out! Anyone who can get along with an Abi must be totally zen!
    Truth be told, I'm sure part of why I don't mind Abi being told home truths is she reminds me of an ex-boss...who also never listened, and would absolutely lie about what she had done/said in the past to your face. I got so sick of seeing her get away with it. However, talking to Abi seems to have about as much effect as talking to my old boss did,no matter how tactfully you phrase it, so it does seem to make more sense for them all just to go off on a long walk together and leave her alone as much as possible.
    Anyway, redsox girl, didn't mean to criticize you, just Abi!

I could certainly handle dealing with Abi if I were there, and for the sake of the game I would. But I don't think she deserves to be treated with kid gloves, frankly. She sees nothing wrong with blasting people with her opinions, so she should woman-up and figure out how to take criticism from others without acting like she's four years old. If you want respect, learn how to give it.
    holly71, march, Shoepie and 5 others like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    How can it be rigged? Im just curious how they knew ahead of time who would spend five hundred dollars on the advantage? Im not trying to be difficult, I just dont follow all of the conspiracy theories (maybe Im as dumb as Carter and how the show could pull them off.
    There was a food auction (which I dont think was rigged) and they put out the advantage because there is no chance in hell that Abi could win a challenge if her life depended on it.

It's a no brainer for someone who is on the chopping block to either be a complete idiot and bid on food or starve and get the advantage.

I'd say that's a pretty easy way to help manipulate the path a game takes. Just like all those puzzle challenges pop up if 1 tribe is physically dominating the other in hopes of levelling the numbers to the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Completely agree. He's one of the producers of the show. He absolutely knew what the note said.
    Well, I'm slow.

Since when did Jeff become one of the producers?

I thought his only duty was to host.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Well, I'm slow.

Since when did Jeff become one of the producers?

I thought his only duty was to host.
    According to IMDB: Survivor (TV series) (producer - 233 episodes, 2003-2011) (executive producer - 42 episodes, 2010-2012) (assistant field producer - 4 episodes, 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    According to IMDB: Survivor (TV series) (producer - 233 episodes, 2003-2011) (executive producer - 42 episodes, 2010-2012) (assistant field producer - 4 episodes, 2006)
    Wow, that long?

I would have predicted he became a producer when Redemption Island started. I remember reading how Jeff raved about redemption island, ick.

Hated that twist.

+ Reply to Thread