+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. I actually think Carter will be the next to go. Even though we never see him talk, he is a real threat in challenges. Abi, the only reason she won is because she got to skip the first two legs and was not tired like the other two. She is not a threat and she will not win, so they can realistically vote her out at any time. Carter is a threat.

On Abi crying at TC - if they were legitimately piling on her and digging in and digging in, I would have had a problem with it. Here's my take - Abi is one of those people who has learned how to play the victim when things are not going her way. There was no recognition on her part as to how her actions could have been taken in a nasty light. Nope, she felt attacked so she cried. I have known people like her. I compare it to Sophie a few seasons ago when Ozzie went after her. She was crying because of the actual realization of how her actions could have been seen in a different light. Her I felt bad for. And Abi was right back to being her nasty self and feeling like she is the victim as soon as they went to camp. The only comment I would make is that I think what Denise said was really irrelevant. She said nothing that the rest of them, even the jury members, didn't know. And she said nothing that Abi was going to hear. She is a therapist, so I get the desire to want to help Abi to see how she is perceived, so she could change. But as soon as it became clear that Abi wasn't going to listen and was just going to play the victim, then it became pointless to keep going. And I think Denise did shut up pretty quick when that became apparent. Just because someone cries does not mean we treat them with kid gloves - because unfortunately there are people out there who know that that is exactly what will happen. Abi is not stupid in that regard - she is manipulative. She knew exactly what she was doing when she started crying. I, for one, don't buy it - because none of her actions support it.
    Agree. Lisa and Skupin know what she is really like .Denise comes off a little too high and mighty now and then( just a little ) there are all things we like and dislike about these people. But, Malcolm, nope cant think of one thing. I dont know If he was sucking up to Abi for votes, but that's the game
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Though I'm not on board with Abi's petulance, I did find her cleaver for trying to use a survivor strategy with the note. At the least, she has the others wondering if another advantage was given to her.

What I saw in the previous tribal council was Jeff trying to stir up the usual sh** with his questions about tribal splits and Denise, being a therapist and in a different alliance, couldn't help herself in helping Abi to become more self aware. That it got to the spitting stage when Abi (in self defense mode) interrupted, only made it more interesting for therapist Denise, who then lost her therapist role and took on position defense. Blame Jeff if you must blame someone for igniting the fire.

I see Abi as a self-actualized victim at this point. She's lost her alliance mostly through her own actions, though she doesn't realize it. She is now the Debbie Downer of the group and can't understand why these particular people don't like her. She's scratching for recognition and found it in the auction when she jumped on the advantage prize. I think that is what impressed Jeff this episode and why he was more than content to place the necklace around her neck.

For the surviving tribe, it is now a matter of endurance...for Abi, it is a matter of redemption (in her eyes.)
    holly71 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I simply see and FEEL it differently than you do.To state no one `attacked` Abi, is to state I am imagining things and that , to me, comes across as dismissive. Which I am sure is unintentional on your part. Your statement is your opinion based on perception, just as mine is. There isnt a right or wrong. I understand your need to express how you see things. Thats what FORT is about.I suppose the trouble for me begins and ends with the fact I have expressed sympathy for a person who comes across negatively while questioning the way a popular player chose to behave. If Abi was popular and Denise the villain, this entire string of posts would not have occurred, I think.
    You certainly have a point, and I agree with you that what Denise said to Abi was not necessary, but for different reasons.
    Abi was annoying and dismissive of the other tribemates when she had power. When that power was lost, her pride prevented her from playing the game and she continued to be abrasive to those around her. They all knew that this is Abi, this is how she acts, and she is not likely to change.
    Denise's advice was borne of frustration with living with her, but as a therapist, she should have known that Abi was not the type of person to change or listen to anything anyone was going to say. It's as my husband says, "if someone is an idiot, and you punch the idiot in the head to make yourself feel better... it's a waste of time. Cause next day? They'll still be an idiot." That's truth. Same with Abi. Nothing anyone is going to say to her at the age of 32 on a reality show is going to change Abi. She's a social dimwit, and tomorrow, she'll be a social dimwit.
    So, Denise's words were pointless. They already had Abi on the ropes by voting out Artis, and were in the process of eliminating Pete. Why give her any fodder to gain sympathy with anyone? It appears to have worked on herself, and maybe Jeff Probst? But it's pointless to say anything... far better to just ignore her.
    jammyjoe and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I know a few didn't like Supkin because he's the one who infamously killed a wild pig for food for the Kucha tribe. Personally I found it rough, but it was surviving and for the most part wild pigs are destructive just about anywhere.

I had problems with Supkin at first in his first season because he was trying too much to be another Richard Hatch - too manipulative for my books. That said, during and after his hands being burned his attitude changed, he realized what was really important and has played the game I feel better overall. He is a nurturer, but he's also strategic without being slimy.
    I remember the pig, and it wasn't that, I think more what you wrote next. I am enjoying him this season and not sure if he changed his game play, time mellowed him or he wasn't around long enough in season 2 to see it. But I am kinda glad he's still in it.

Re Abi and themade-up part of the clue, she may have said it implied where the II was but she flat out told Malcolm she had it and she wasn't going home. Just curious but I don't remember seeing Malcolm tell anyone else? So, did he just not believe her or is he saving that info for something?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I remember the pig, and it wasn't that, I think more what you wrote next. I am enjoying him this season and not sure if he changed his game play, time mellowed him or he wasn't around long enough in season 2 to see it. But I am kinda glad he's still in it.

Re Abi and themade-up part of the clue, she may have said it implied where the II was but she flat out told Malcolm she had it and she wasn't going home. Just curious but I don't remember seeing Malcolm tell anyone else? So, did he just not believe her or is he saving that info for something?
    Surely they'll want to eliminate Abi in the next two weeks and Malcolm will tell his alliance that she claimed to have an idol. Maybe they'll split the vote between Abi and Carter, if neither of them wins immunity, and eliminate her when she can't produce an idol to save herself. I could see a three-way tie happening, and then eliminate Abi with the revote.
    Shoepie likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I don't think anyone would believe she has another idol. I can't remember, did she use the one she had?

Abi played her idol at the prior TC. I don't think she directly told Malcolm she has another idol but she was certainly implying it. (Malcolm was grinning a little at the time.) We don't know she didn't tell anyone else, but I think she would have done it privately and probably the others were avoiding here. (How is it the annoying ex-girlfriend came to be lying on a towel next to our Malcolm??)

As far as what Denise has said at TC, we are frequently told after the fact how draining the conditions are and how hard it is to think clearly when you haven't slept well in weeks. Denise should have known to avoid Jeff's baiting, but she may not have been in condition to resist.
    rfromp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I hope she doesn't win.
    I am hoping Lisa doesn't win as well Johnny.

To the Point

Or perhaps Denice thought it was high time someone tell Abi the truth just as Abi always likes to claim as her own right. I don't think we'll all agree on anything but we all do seem to agree on beating dead horses!
    pikachu and Florimel like this.

Fanny Mare I completely agree with you regarding Malcolm. I can't find anything wrong with him.

+ Reply to Thread