+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Or Carter is gone next! He voted for Denise .
    I suspect that neither Abi nor Carter will win II next week. In that event, my guess is that the F4 Alliance will decide to spit the vote between Carter and Abi on the off chance that Abi does have a HII. Then, in the event of a tie, they agree to vote out Abi. I imagine Malcome will want to vote out Carter, but I'm not sure he can persuade Scupin, Lisa and Denise to do so if Abi is an option. Denise already stuck her neck out saying she didn't want to take someone like Abi to the end.

I'm looking forward to next week, but, for now, I'd settle for Ponderosa.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Is is sad that Penner, the CEO of Penner's Fantastic Four and Penner's Three Musketeers... is now gone. Now it's the Two Musketeers. Period. No more Penner.

He had a good run. I was hoping this would be his best season placement yet (he previously finished 7th and premerge). Instead, he just tied his first go-around.

I hope he wins Fan Fav! Vote Penner!
    kev89 and Coco46 like this.

Abi is so freakin clueless of how people perceive her and how she interacts with people. And Lisa was right before, she's just quite immature. Didn't anyone see her stick her tongue out to Denise when Denise walked passed her to cast a vote? She was like a spoiled bratty 10yo girl. And its not fair that Jeff asked Denise again about Abi. Why doesn't he ask Malcolm or Carter or Skupin this time?

I didn't like the advantage they gave Abi for the IC. It was too much. She should have been advanced to the 2nd rd instead of the final rd or at least make the final round more challenging. Untying a knot is not so physical. Anyway, the alliance could have concocted a strategy such that Abi can't bid for the advantage. Penner can sacrifice himself by saving his money to outbid Abi or they could have pulled all their money together to outbid her. Ironically, she's actually the best person to take to the final 3. I'm aghast that a couple of people in the FORT actually feels sorry for her and side with her even after seeing how she was mean and rude to people even in her own alliance. She brought this to herself, she's been outplayed by the very people she hates and she's bitter about it. Agree with Malcolm that she's self-unaware (I'm not sure if that's a word but I'm sure he meant that she has no sense of self-awareness). If you want to be honest and frank about how you feel or think about people, then you should be able to take the consequences of your behavior and not be surprised by people's reactions. And If you want people to be equally honest about you then do not misconstrue it as an attack. Denise was very gracious during her confrontation with Abi but Abi, the rude brat that she is, keeps interrupting her.

So doesn't Malcolm need to use his HII next week as he couldn't use it for the final five? I thought he was going to give it to Denise after Penner shouted out her name before writing her name down.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-29-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    holly71 and march like this.

FORT Fan

If they wanted to get Abi out, they should NEVER have spent money on food and saved it for that advantage. Anyone with half a mind on this show knows that there's always an advantage or letters offered up, so they should've saved their money if they saw Abi not bidding on any food. As much as I loathe her behavior, Abi did play smart for once here and it paid off.
    Especially the returning players and 'student of the game' Lisa. I saw that one coming from a mile away. The only reason I can think as to why they let her get away with it is because they assumed (like I did) that even with an advantage, Abi wouldn't win. It certainly was probably one of the biggest shocks of the season. That being said, I don't see any conspiracy behind it. Like someone pointed out, by skipping the first two parts, she was rested and alert for the last section, and clearly had more motivation than Penner or Carter to win. And she turned out to be very good at untying knots.

I wonder if any of the others bought into her lie that there was another idol out there. It sure didn't seem like any of the others really gave her a second glance when she faked that second part, and to my ears, she didn't sound convincing in telling her story. I guess we'll see next week if any of them worry about that possibility. I'd think a more convincing actor might be able to pull off that kind of lie.

I don't think Jeff would ever out someone's gameplay in an instance like this. Remember Fairplay? Still one of the most masterful pieces of deception ever on this show, even if the guy was a jerk. Fairplay though was a very convincing liar. Jeff probably lives for situations like this, where a player completely lies about something. There was that season where someone actually did trick another player with a fake idol.

So sorry to see Penner leave. I understand taking him out, he's a smooth talker and a great player. But at the same time, he still manages to be one of the most honest and genuine players ever. I wouldn't mind being friends with him. (Sidenote, I just noticed tonight how beautiful his eyes are) His exit was a hoot, whistling, popping in and out of camera at the end of his exit...I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyone else surprised Malcolm didn't use his idol for Denise tonight? When Abi stuck her tounge out at Denise and Penner yelled her name, I thought for sure he'd play it. He must have been darn certain that Skupin and Lisa wouldn't flip, because his alliance could have been destroyed tonight. He can only use it for two more weeks right? I guess maybe his thought is to get Abi out next week, and hopefully Carter the week after that and only use it to insure he gets to Final Four if Carter wins immunity at some point.

I really don't think Abi will make it much farther. For one, there's a good chance she has at least two jury votes already, Pete and Artis. I couldn't say which way RC, Jeff or Penner would vote. But I really do think her personality is so abrasive that it must be just so damaging to morale to have her there. Otherwise why would they have raked her over the coals last week (and while it was brutal, I don't think that necessarily makes Denise and the others bad people-they were probably at the end of their ropes with her, and sometimes only being cruel can make a person realize how they are and make them want to change) She learned nothing from what she was shown about herself at last TC and was the same nasty, whining brat she's been this whole time. I can see this as one of those seasons where the finalists want to be proud of who they are standing next to .

Last sidenote, personality aside, Jeff Kent is a good looking man. So why is he rocking that pedophile moustache? Does he always wear that (I don't follow baseball)?
    sweetpea and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Nope you aren't alone in liking Carter. He`s a very obvious threat but people are so focused on hating Abi , worrying about Malcom, and courting Lisas vote (which brings me back to the question why does she wield such power)that they arent paying attention to the fact he has won two immunity challenges and is always in the hunt. Plus, hes nice. Which might equal a boring edit, but in the end being physically able to dominate the game while also being nice and inoffensive helps with the jury.
    I don't think that Lisa wields power so much as she is nice and people like her. I also think that they sense a certain fragility about her...she may have shared that she is recently divorced?...and people just seem very gentle towards her. I think it may have something to do with this particular set of survivors who are a little older than we have had recently. They are also seem more accepting of game play...not taking it personally, but rather just the game. We have seen this from Malcom towards both Lisa and Abi. Natually, Abi seems to be the exception. Another reason I think they are nice to her is that I think Lisa may be the other third that people are thinking of taking to the finals. Abi is an obvious choice for no votes since she has clearly turned most people off, however, Lisa would fit that bill as well...without the crazy mood swings and nastiness towards her tribemates. She has flipped on her original alliance and has done a good bit of crying, wondering if she should be playing the game...classic things that would not get her votes...although there are still a few episodes left, so who knows.

As for Carter...he seems nice and is a threat in challenges, but he is clearly no mastermind and has zero strategy. He is hiding behind these bigger personalities, but I seriously doubt he will go much further. He has asked both Jeff and later Penner if he should basically vote to kick them out of the game. Has doesn't seem to be thinking at all and unless he goes on an immunity run to the end of the game, I highly doubt he will make it to the finals. He is not alligned with anyone any more...Lisa/Supkin, Malcom/Denise or Abi, so who will protect him? I see Abi and Carter as the next two to go barring them winning II.

All in all, this has turned into one of the better seasons. Barring Abi making it into the final 3, it is shaping up to be really good final.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Especially the returning players and 'student of the game' Lisa. I saw that one coming from a mile away. The only reason I can think as to why they let her get away with it is because they assumed (like I did) that even with an advantage, Abi wouldn't win. It certainly was probably one of the biggest shocks of the season. That being said, I don't see any conspiracy behind it. Like someone pointed out, by skipping the first two parts, she was rested and alert for the last section, and clearly had more motivation than Penner or Carter to win. And she turned out to be very good at untying knots.

I wonder if any of the others bought into her lie that there was another idol out there. It sure didn't seem like any of the others really gave her a second glance when she faked that second part, and to my ears, she didn't sound convincing in telling her story. I guess we'll see next week if any of them worry about that possibility. I'd think a more convincing actor might be able to pull off that kind of lie.

I don't think Jeff would ever out someone's gameplay in an instance like this. Remember Fairplay? Still one of the most masterful pieces of deception ever on this show, even if the guy was a jerk. Fairplay though was a very convincing liar. Jeff probably lives for situations like this, where a player completely lies about something. There was that season where someone actually did trick another player with a fake idol.

So sorry to see Penner leave. I understand taking him out, he's a smooth talker and a great player. But at the same time, he still manages to be one of the most honest and genuine players ever. I wouldn't mind being friends with him. (Sidenote, I just noticed tonight how beautiful his eyes are) His exit was a hoot, whistling, popping in and out of camera at the end of his exit...I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyone else surprised Malcolm didn't use his idol for Denise tonight? When Abi stuck her tounge out at Denise and Penner yelled her name, I thought for sure he'd play it. He must have been darn certain that Skupin and Lisa wouldn't flip, because his alliance could have been destroyed tonight. He can only use it for two more weeks right? I guess maybe his thought is to get Abi out next week, and hopefully Carter the week after that and only use it to insure he gets to Final Four if Carter wins immunity at some point.

I really don't think Abi will make it much farther. For one, there's a good chance she has at least two jury votes already, Pete and Artis. I couldn't say which way RC, Jeff or Penner would vote. But I really do think her personality is so abrasive that it must be just so damaging to morale to have her there. Otherwise why would they have raked her over the coals last week (and while it was brutal, I don't think that necessarily makes Denise and the others bad people-they were probably at the end of their ropes with her, and sometimes only being cruel can make a person realize how they are and make them want to change) She learned nothing from what she was shown about herself at last TC and was the same nasty, whining brat she's been this whole time. I can see this as one of those seasons where the finalists want to be proud of who they are standing next to .

Last sidenote, personality aside, Jeff Kent is a good looking man. So why is he rocking that pedophile moustache? Does he always wear that (I don't follow baseball)?
    You didn't mention this in your post but several other people brought it up...I thought Jeff specifically mentioned that you could not share your food or your money, so people pooling their money to get the advantage was not possible. It still surprised me that nobody else saved their money for that. To me that just indicates that they were either really hungry or really sure that they would not be voted out...and that was Penner's second mistake. I don't know why he wouldn't think it's either Abi or me and just be sure and save his money. He is such a fan of the game that I can't believe he didn't think of that.

I agree about Jeff not outing a players lie. That is part of the strategy of the game. If he called out players everytime someone lied, there would be no game. It was good stategy...too bad it came from Abi.

I also commented last week about Penner's eyes. Beautiful...and he is intelligent, articulate and funny to boot.

As for Abi sticking her tongue out at Denise, I noticed that too. And she wonders why people don't like her...and that includes her former team mates Artis and Pete. In their exit interviews both stated that she was truly annoying and regret being stuck in an alliance with her. They did not in any way sound as if they respected her game play, so I highly doubt they would vote for her if she made it that far. Let's hope for our sakes she's out sooner, rather than later.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Abi is so full of herself it is ridiculous. She claimed tonight that the others didn't like it when she was "brutally honest" and "told it like it was" yet when Denise is, as some have described, "brutally honest" back to Abi, she turtles and claims to be traumatized. She expects everyone else to kiss her butt after the previous tribal but absolutely REFUSES to consider that she might have played a part in how others see her, and start to make amends herself. She tells Penner she expects an apology from him for his treatment of her (???) and sits on her high horse like a queen. When he says, diplomatically, that perhaps in light of how things went down, maybe she should have reconsidered how she interacted with the others, she says she has nothing to say.

When Abi hears something she doesn't like, or that contradicts the incredibly massive ego she has built for herself, she completely abandons any attempts at conversation, she shuts down, she acts like a spoiled rotten 4 year old who has not yet learned how to play well with others. Abi is a caricature. Even Brandon, for pity's sake, seemed capable of some self-reflection. Do I feel sorry for her? Not in the slightest. And I'm not a mean person, I'm not piling on her, I'm just being "brutally honest" right Abi? Sheesh.

The girls needs to learn how to take it if she feels so compelled to dish it out.

Poor Penner. He really screwed his own game over by not agreeing to the deal with Lisa and Skupin. I loved his walk of shame, it was awesome. I'll miss you, Penner.

I don't mind Carter, funnily enough. So glad Denise and Malcolm skated through again. For going through what they went through at the beginning, their ability to survive and even thrive at this point is truly remarkable.

Jeff Kent still looks like he has a large stick you know where. Does that man ever smile?

Oh, and I wanted to reach into the tv and push Pete's lower jaw up so his mouth wasn't hanging open like that. He probably had a mouthful of bugs. Ick.

I like Lisa, but I'm getting really tired of the "I'm not cut out for the game" and the waterworks. As an older woman, if you truly weren't cut out for the game you wouldn't be sitting where you are right now. At what point does this kind of stuff become pandering for jury votes??
    I agree with what you have said here and only have a few comments to add. In regards to Lisa I think that because of her attitude of each week saying that she is not cut out for the game, she has also been responsible for adding this extra layer to this game of having to come clean with people. First she did it with Malcolm when she had to come clean about finding his Idol. She had to approach Penner (think this is the 2nd or even 3rd time) to let him know that he was being voted out. Maybe it is just me, but I am not understanding why she is doing that. Each time it is almost like she has to tell Penner how much she likes him, and yet I have never seen her be the one to change her mind and vote with him. I am beginning to think that she really isn't cut out for this game or is playing dumb and is brilliant. In Survivor you have to vote people out, and if you want to win, you will be voting out someone that you have become friends with. Maybe she is doing it for jury votes. Maybe it is very calculated and she has me fooled. I admit she puzzles me because she has been the reason that someone has to do some scrambling. She is taking the blame away from herself and putting it on Skupin.

Is it just me for thinking this seasons TC is more open than some of the past ones? Seems like everything is discussed and Jeff knows just who to ask certain questions each time. I am beginning to wonder if he has been hanging around with them.

Regarding Abi I still don't care for her, and maybe I missed where someone may have already mentioned it, but Abi stuck her tongue out at Denise as Denise went up to vote. That spoke volumes to me. It was very child like and actions like that make me feel, that if I had felt the least bit sorry for her that completely vanished. I don't feel sorry for her because I think she acts like a spoiled brat who doesn't get their own way.

I am glad that Malcolm and Denise are still safe and agree that they went through so much in the beginning I am still rooting for them. Carter doesn't bother me either and he is turning out to be better than I first expected. I just don't feel that I have gotten to know him as much as the others. I thought it was nice that he chose the rice and beans for the tribe.

I will miss Penner just as many of you. Has anyone noticed how beautiful his eyes are? I have been noticing them the last couple of weeks and the blue is so vibrant. I like him as a person and he tried his best. I guess he made that mistake by not joining the alliance quick enough and it cost him. You are right his walk of shame was wonderful and he is a class act.

I have no clear cut favorite. I would not be disappointed if anyone left won other than Abi and maybe Lisa (the jury is still out on her). I need more time to figure out what she is doing.
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, Penner, Survivor is a fickle bitch, she is. To have come this far, against the odds and even a shot to win with the jury. Then just ONE mistake and he's chucked to the curb.
    I love it every time Penner loses the weight and gets dirty. It's not just the amazing eyes... it's his smile! Killer. I'll be sad if he shaves the scruff at Ponderosa.

As someones mentioned up thread, I can't root for Carter. Anyone who asks someone if they think they should be voted out next is not someone I can root for. I don't care how immunity challenges he wins yet and if he made the right decision to take the rice and beans. Too little, too late.

Abi. How can you be so smug? Who cares if you won an immunity? Everyone hates you. Make it to the final three, go ahead. All those people you are sitting with are your JURY. I am aghast at her social game.

Penner was the right choice to vote out... for Malcolm and Denise only. He's the only one who could challenge them in the final three. With Malcolm's slick handling of every person who will someday hit the jury, or not, (Abi and Lisa for example) he's perfectly set up for a win. Penner was the wild card, and now that he's out, I expect the game will be a little more boring and predictable here on out.

I am very very sad that Penner is gone.

ETA: I forgot to mention, Penner's one angle to argue was to get rid of Malcolm or Denise because they were unbeatable... it was a good try. But I wondered if he tried to argue the point that Carter was a greater immunity threat than himself? I suspect he didn't want to turn on his only real ally in the game, but it would have been something to consider.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Midol likes this.

Saw that one coming a mile away. Anytime when at the beginning of the show it is mentioned that so and so is the next to go, it never happens.

Probst must be dating Abi. He was waaaay too satisfied that she had won immunity.

They haven't played for a new car yet? What's the deal??

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE View Post
    RE #3 i guess there are two ways to look at it...Jeff is interfering with the game by calling Abi out....jeff is interfering with the game by NOT calling abi out---I choose the latter
    All he had to do was clarify by saying "You have to read the whole thing". And yes, I do get it, it's all part of the game. I just don't feel like being unbiased in this instance. How am I doing at hiding the fact that I'm not an Abi fan?
    Last edited by NCLurker; 11-29-2012 at 09:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread