+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: 11/21/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/21/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Abi Abi Abi

She hasn't a clue how to play this game. She doesn't know the social game at all. I loved the way Lisa stood up to her. Although I wouldn't hold my breath wanting her vote if she is on the jury!!! Denise is a little powerhouse in the challenges and I loved the way she said if she is in the F3, she wouldn't want to win by default

I dont know if I see Carter all of a sudden thinking on his own, and making it to the F4.He made me me giggle, they asked him about the spa reward and his favorite part was the salsa

Looks like Penner gets miffed at Lisa next week, and Abi is once again in tears. I don't like to see her in tears, even as nasty as she has been. I am sure survivor will teach her something, it usually does.

Good show tonight( again)

I would love a Skupin/Lisa/Malcolm/Denise F4, but would cheerfully put Penner in Skupin's place.
    Oh gosh, so would I sweetpea!!!
    march and wannasee like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh my goodness Abi is so completely, utterly, hopelessly unaware. As Malcolm said, her social cues are non-existent. Denise was dead straight when she said she knew people from other cultures who are kind, helpful, pleasant...all the things Abi is not. Did I feel sorry for her? Not in the slightest. In fact, I laughed out loud when I saw someone put down her name with a smiley face rather than the usual sad face. Way to go, Skupin!

So happy to see Malcolm live another day. He really has everything it takes to win this game, just needs a little luck on his side. If he or Denise won I would be thrilled. Penner really made me shake my head, much as I adore him, at not jumping on a final 3 deal with Skupin and Lisa. What is he waiting for?? As Lisa said, he blew an opportunity there. Loved how he told Abi though that he would rather move on with people who trusted him, and that she did a good job, made it really far, and she was never going to see that money.

I would love a Skupin/Lisa/Malcolm/Denise F4, but would cheerfully put Penner in Skupin's place.

I agree with Waywyrd, Abi won't stay contrite (if you can even call it that) for very long...

I was on the edge of my seat! Also yelling for Malcolm to go ahead and play the idol, I was so afraid Skupin bought what Pete was selling. I admit there have been a couple of things that Abi did/said that made me wonder about her language abilities but Denise nailed her. I don't feel sorry for her at all and hope others don't get it in their heads to take her to the end. Nervous about next week...
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I kind of agree. I never knew Pete existed until he entered in his (this is key) Unholy Alliance with Abi-Maria. Remember PETE was the one who stirred that pot! He got Abi on his side, they took RC's clue, found the idol - didn't tell RC - after PETE had dug up the clue and made RC look bad in Abi's eyes....

Bottom line: Pete is as stinky as Abi - just not as "I'd shank-you-in-a-New-York-minute" kinda way. jmo
    Oh I agree. He did a lot of this to himself. His game moves were Hantz like and clearly ment to stir the pot. Not the smartest moves, however, they were ment to be stratigic. I can excuse some bad behaviours for the sake of the game. However, Abi was just nasty to pretty much anyone not alligned with her...and even to some of those who were, for no reason what-so-ever. She figured her little group was the running the show and why should she bother. As she explainded to Lisa tonight, she was disappointed that Lisa thought she did not show Lisa grace. She just doesn't get it. She can't seem to keep he mouth shut, let anyone talk and is totally clueless about how she is coming across and how that is impacting her team. What is that saying...be nice to the little people on your way up because you never know when you may need them coming back down?

I think in real life Pete would be an OK guy, but Abi would still be full of herself and oblivious to how she treats others.

I read an exit interview with Artis and he pretty much spelled out how he wished he had never alligned with her, but once he had, he couldn't really extricate himself from her because of numbers. He pretty much indicated that Pete felt the same way, so they were both more aware of how she was impacting their team. I think Pete, felt ... wrongly ... that he was a strategist and thought let's take the one nobody likes to the end. Kind of like Boston Rob with Phillip...but, since he is no BR, he just couldn't control Abi and it bit him in the rear. Which is why I go back to my original statement of how important it is who you allign with from the start. I know it is hard, because you don't really know these people and at the start they may seem like nice, normal people, but after a few days of bad conditions their true selves come out. That is why I like people who just sit back for a bit and assess the people who they are teamed up with, before making alliances...not just because they are your age, or same sex, or whatever. Think people, think! Think before you leap. You would think that since the show has been around long enough, more people would have figured that out.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I was on the edge of my seat! Also yelling for Malcolm to go ahead and play the idol, I was so afraid Skupin bought what Pete was selling. I admit there have been a couple of things that Abi did/said that made me wonder about her language abilities but Denise nailed her. I don't feel sorry for her at all and hope others don't get it in their heads to take her to the end. Nervous about next week...
    I dont think they will. I do worry for Malcolm, they will want to flush out that idol! but Abi, they see more of her then we do, and look how we feel
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just could not believe Abi would flip over the wrong tablet at the reward challenge, give the other team a point, then when your team wins despite your idiocy you come back from the challenge and just keep on and on and on about how great it was, how like a princess you felt, how full you were. Her inadequacies have nothing to do with being Brazilian and everything to do with being a narcissist.

Lisa even gave her the opportunity to show a better side to her when she said that she (Lisa) had forgiven Abi but, but wanted to go further with people who trusted her. Abi couldn't even bring herself to said "I trust you, Lisa" - it was like a bitter pill was stuck in her throat. The opening is there and you still can't bend enough to reach out.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 11-22-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    holly71, march, spockwhat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Both Abi and Skupin flipped the wrong drums.

With the exception of Malcolm, I hate that their team won. I don't want Abi winning anything.
    Malcolm actually wanted to be on the other team. It was younger vs older. It was a given that the younger team would win plus the older team has two women. I wish Abi was on the losing team regardless of who was with her because I too don't want her to win any reward. I think Malcolm was intentionally losing the game for his team when he "forgot" to flip down the other team's tablet and I think he was going to lose it again for them but Skupin made an idiotic mistake of flipping over the wrong one. Abi of course had no clue of the game. They are now ganging up on her. She brought it to herself!! She deserved it!
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-22-2012 at 04:41 AM.
    spockwhat, kev89 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I just could not believe Abi would flip over the wrong tablet at the reward challenge, give the other team a point, then when your team wins despite your idiocy you come back from the challenge and just keep on and on and on about how great it was, how like a princess you felt, how full you were. Her inadequacies have nothing to do with being Brazilian and everything to do with being a narcissist.
    That cultural difference/don't speak English nonsense made me mad. I work with hundreds of people from all over the world and my experience has been that coming from somewhere else doesn't make one a douchebag - being a douchebag makes one a douchebag. Abi is not doing anyone, including herself, any favours blaming her appalling personality on her nationality.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    That cultural difference/don't speak English nonsense made me mad. I work with hundreds of people from all over the world and my experience has been that coming from somewhere else doesn't make one a douchebag - being a douchebag makes one a douchebag. Abi is not doing anyone, including herself, any favours blaming her appalling personality on her nationality.
    Agree 100%. And the complete lack of self awareness at Tribal showed me that this is not acting for the game to her. This is how she actually acts in real life, so she really doesn't see anything wrong with it. She was upset last night solely because she wasn't in control anymore. If she had still had the numbers, we never would have seen the performance from her that we did last night. I have no sympathy for her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Sorry for the double post -some weird glitch this morning.

+ Reply to Thread