+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Ponderosa Philippines

Re: Ponderosa Philippines

For starters...I am not an Abi fan, BUT there is a strong possibility this is how she was raised by her mother. If a child does not get affection, then how is she to learn it?
    Shoepie likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I don't think not having affection is Abi's problem.

She quite simply doesn't know when to shut up and LISTEN!! She kept talking over RC at Pondersoa, just as she has talked over everyone since the game began. Maybe, if once in a while she had kept her mouth closed and her ears and mind open, things might have gone differently for her.

I do not see her going very far in the business world.
    holly71 and KatesMom like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Some families are more demonstrative than others. I don't think there is anything to be read into how Abi and her mom greeted each other, personally.

I haven't watched any Ponderosa videos yet, but it sounds like Abi will continue to be Abi regardless of where she is or who she is with. She has no capacity for self-reflection, and appears to be extremely entitled. Just as long as they don't bring her back as a villain any time soon, I'll be happy. There was an element of fun watching some of Russell's antics while on the show, but watching Abi was nothing more than an exercise in frustration and annoyance. She can go and join Colton in the "never have them back, please" corner.

Pete is delusional. He's just trying to save face by still appearing to support Abi, but I bet you a buck he wouldn't have anything to do with her in real life.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Some families are more demonstrative than others. I don't think there is anything to be read into how Abi and her mom greeted each other, personally.
    I haven't watched any Ponderosa videos yet, but it sounds like Abi will continue to be Abi regardless of where she is or who she is with. She has no capacity for self-reflection, and appears to be extremely entitled. Just as long as they don't bring her back as a villain any time soon, I'll be happy. There was an element of fun watching some of Russell's antics while on the show, but watching Abi was nothing more than an exercise in frustration and annoyance. She can go and join Colton in the "never have them back, please" corner.

Pete is delusional. He's just trying to save face by still appearing to support Abi, but I bet you a buck he wouldn't have anything to do with her in real life.
    I get that. Just saying it may be a clue to why she never showed a soft side. It could be a family belief that it shows weakness?

We always have at least one who says, "I didn't come here to make friends, I came to win." Abi was it, this time. I have always found that quite absurd when playing a social game. This is not Top Chef or Project Runway.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    When Abi was on the Jeff Probst show she claimed PMS on the "day" she acted out. Malcome called her on that and said you could not have had PMS for 33 days!

I wonder if she is horrifed to watch herself or has continued to make excuses.
    YES Loved that comment by Malcolm!!

As for Abi I think she will continue to make excuses.
    Shoepie likes this.

Originally Posted by Shoepie

When Abi was on the Jeff Probst show she claimed PMS on the "day" she acted out. Malcome called her on that and said you could not have had PMS for 33 days!

Malcolm was great when he said that!! LOL loved it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I keep spelling Malcom with an e on the end of it because I knew someone who spelled it that way. I have a hunch his mother just didn't know the correct spelling.

I get that. Just saying it may be a clue to why she never showed a soft side. It could be a family belief that it shows weakness?

We always have at least one who says, "I didn't come here to make friends, I came to win." Abi was it, this time. I have always found that quite absurd when playing a social game. This is not Top Chef or Project Runway.
    while this is true, you don't really come in there to make enemies either. In a game like Survivor (or BB, any show with a jury) you can't win if no one respects you.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Re: Ponderosa Philippenes

Ardis has a completely different personality out of the game. I don't understand why he was so edgy and angry. Had he shown this side of himself while there he might still be in the game.

I know that Ardis, Peter and Abi were nasty to RC and she is still hanging onto that. Some carry their anger all the way to the final vote and others don't.

They didn't show Jeff talking to him either. Not sure why. I can't remember what went down between them.

I have not read any interviews. I will go check now. I would love to hear about RC's reaction to Peter planting the clue in her bag. And Abi's, as well.

That's funny, I never got the angry man vibe from Artis. Did he complain a couple of times about how things went, yes, but so did others... (shrugs)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I agree. Her personality grated on me too, and something is not genuine. She just seems to have a better-than-thou air about her that rubs me the wrong way.
    Even now, she has such a smug condesencing look on her face at tribal councils.
    It doesn't surprise me at all that she's bitter, and will probably be out for vengeance of some sort at Finals because she just can't let go.
    I would think that someone who's been at Ponderosa for this long would have put things in perspective by now & be willing to accept fellow contestants as just that & have some fun.

Never was a fan & even less now.

Well said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast